White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2004, 01:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Golfing with the oldtimers..

Not sure where this goes..

On Monday I went up to Lake Geneva for the yearly MLBPAA Golf outing. The usual suspects where there and a bunch of others I had never met before. Great time as usual. The climax of my night.. besides hanging with my boyfriend Carlton.. .. was my high bid on Tom Seavers game worn jersey from when he pitched #300 on 8/4/85, which Carlton caught. It cost me an arm & a leg.. but my sweetie signed it for me also so now it's a one of a kind!!

Carlton looks fab, as usual. And no.. still no chance in hell he's coming back.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:44 PM
WSI Guru

Steff:

Let me toss this out to you to see if you can help. I don't know if Carlton knows about this web site but it has always been a fantasy of mine to see if he'd be willing to do an interview.

Could you ask him? I'd suggest if possible telling him where he can find the interviews so that he'd have a better idea of what's going on. It also wouldn't hurt to let him know that I have interviewed his former teammates like Vance Law, Jerry Koosman, Ron Kittle, Donn Pall and Jack McDowell.

Just a thought.

Lip
Old 06-30-2004, 03:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1
Steff:

Let me toss this out to you to see if you can help. I don't know if Carlton knows about this web site but it has always been a fantasy of mine to see if he'd be willing to do an interview.

Could you ask him? I'd suggest if possible telling him where he can find the interviews so that he'd have a better idea of what's going on. It also wouldn't hurt to let him know that I have interviewed his former teammates like Vance Law, Jerry Koosman, Ron Kittle, Donn Pall and Jack McDowell.

Just a thought.

Lip
I have no problem asking him at all. I won't see him again until the start of August though.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:13 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by steff
The climax of my night.. besides hanging with my boyfriend Carlton.. .. was my high bid on Tom Seavers game worn jersey from when he pitched #300 on 8/4/85, which Carlton caught. It cost me an arm & a leg.. but my sweetie signed it for me also so now it's a one of a kind!!
WOW. What an unbelievable piece of memorabilia. I'm afraid to ask you how much that cost. PM is you're not too embarrassed to say That's got to get framed and put up on the wall asap.

By the way, did Seaver sign it too? Or just Pudge?
Old 06-30-2004, 03:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26
WOW. What an unbelievable piece of memorabilia. I'm afraid to ask you how much that cost. PM is you're not too embarrassed to say That's got to get framed and put up on the wall asap.

By the way, did Seaver sign it too? Or just Pudge?
Yea.. Seaver signed it. It's unreal.

It cost... a lot.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:22 PM
WSI Guru

Steff:

Here's my e-mail address and phone number. If Fisk wants to do it have him contact me. I'll get right back to him and set up a time and a day that works for him.

mliptak1@ida.net

208-237-9217

I don't want him to have to pay for the call so if he can just leave me a way to get in touch with him, I'll get right back to him.

Lip