White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-30-2004, 01:17 PM
steff steff is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Transplanted to Plainfield
Posts: 3,582
Default Golfing with the oldtimers..

Not sure where this goes..


On Monday I went up to Lake Geneva for the yearly MLBPAA Golf outing. The usual suspects where there and a bunch of others I had never met before. Great time as usual. The climax of my night.. besides hanging with my boyfriend Carlton.. .. was my high bid on Tom Seavers game worn jersey from when he pitched #300 on 8/4/85, which Carlton caught. It cost me an arm & a leg.. but my sweetie signed it for me also so now it's a one of a kind!!

Carlton looks fab, as usual. And no.. still no chance in hell he's coming back.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 26,379
Default

Steff:

Let me toss this out to you to see if you can help. I don't know if Carlton knows about this web site but it has always been a fantasy of mine to see if he'd be willing to do an interview.

Could you ask him? I'd suggest if possible telling him where he can find the interviews so that he'd have a better idea of what's going on. It also wouldn't hurt to let him know that I have interviewed his former teammates like Vance Law, Jerry Koosman, Ron Kittle, Donn Pall and Jack McDowell.

Just a thought.

Lip
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2004, 03:04 PM
steff steff is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Transplanted to Plainfield
Posts: 3,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1
Steff:

Let me toss this out to you to see if you can help. I don't know if Carlton knows about this web site but it has always been a fantasy of mine to see if he'd be willing to do an interview.

Could you ask him? I'd suggest if possible telling him where he can find the interviews so that he'd have a better idea of what's going on. It also wouldn't hurt to let him know that I have interviewed his former teammates like Vance Law, Jerry Koosman, Ron Kittle, Donn Pall and Jack McDowell.

Just a thought.

Lip
I have no problem asking him at all. I won't see him again until the start of August though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,476
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steff
The climax of my night.. besides hanging with my boyfriend Carlton.. .. was my high bid on Tom Seavers game worn jersey from when he pitched #300 on 8/4/85, which Carlton caught. It cost me an arm & a leg.. but my sweetie signed it for me also so now it's a one of a kind!!
WOW. What an unbelievable piece of memorabilia. I'm afraid to ask you how much that cost. PM is you're not too embarrassed to say That's got to get framed and put up on the wall asap.

By the way, did Seaver sign it too? Or just Pudge?
__________________
2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2004, 03:58 PM
steff steff is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Transplanted to Plainfield
Posts: 3,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26
WOW. What an unbelievable piece of memorabilia. I'm afraid to ask you how much that cost. PM is you're not too embarrassed to say That's got to get framed and put up on the wall asap.

By the way, did Seaver sign it too? Or just Pudge?
Yea.. Seaver signed it. It's unreal.

It cost... a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 26,379
Default

Steff:

Here's my e-mail address and phone number. If Fisk wants to do it have him contact me. I'll get right back to him and set up a time and a day that works for him.

mliptak1@ida.net

208-237-9217

I don't want him to have to pay for the call so if he can just leave me a way to get in touch with him, I'll get right back to him.

Lip
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.