White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2004, 12:07 AM
WSI Regular

Default More Cubs fan being D-bags

Maybe this should be in the parking lot but I am listining to WGN radio and someone (sox fan) who works at WGN told a story about how he was asaulted by a cub fan this weekend at the ballpark. This guy was enjoying the game when these Cub fans started arguing with him about the Sox, you know that Sox suck bs. Then leaving the game the Cub fans ran up to him and one sucker-punched the sox fan from behind, and then RAN AWAY! So then a fellow sox fan ran down 2 of the 3 guys. So in the end this guy lost most of his teeth because the blow was in the back portion of the jaw.

What losers.

Maybe Moronotti will write about this!
Old 06-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Banned

That is complete horse ****. People who do that are
Old 06-30-2004, 09:22 AM
WSI Personality

I was at Friday's game, and wearing my Cubs Suck shirt made me an easy target, especially in a loss. None-the-less, Cubs fans are absolutely ridiculous. I made a few comments to the Cub fan in front of me to sit down, because he'd stand up every five minutes to look around. He was the type of fan who was hoping, wishing that he knew someone there to look cool. (Unfortunately, no overweight, middle aged Cub fan is gonna look cool with a ketchup stain on his crotch and white shirt, but hey, must be a Cub thing).

Anyways, this was about the 4th inning after the Sox got their first run, and this guy had about his 5th beer. (For an overweight Cub fan, he wasn't doing a good job with the alcohol; stumbling and slurring his speech all day long). So after I tell him to sit down, he is sitting turned around just staring at me. I tell him to watch the game, but soon realize that is not the Cub fan thing to do. He then continues on and tells me he's not afraid to go to jail and is willing to fight me. HA! Here I am, 19 years old, taking a couple younger cousins to the game and this man is offering to fight me. Unfortunately, I declined and gave him the "cool dude" phrase and tried to watch the game. Only to have him keep looking at me. (I tell you what, the "cool dude" phrase will piss anyone off, you guys should try it sometime). This is about the time Walker hits his three run homer, and he's not even watching. Then he realizes he's out of beer, turns around and finds out the Cubs have 4 runs; about 10 minutes after everybody else. As the game progressed, he tried to be nicer and nicer to me. After Paulie hit his own three run shot, he turned around and tried to high-five me and my cousins. It was hilarious. He fits the Cub fan persona to a "tee". At the game to be seen, and will cheer for a certain team if it means he will be liked more by the people around him.

In a separate incident, after walking out of the ballpark, two guys make a comment about my shirt. I tell him we'll get them tomorrow off Zambrano, who the Sox have a history of roughing up. Of course he is unaware of this. His only argument is that the Sox suck. He walks right next to me, saying this for about five minutes. And then once I mention Zambrano's rough history against the Sox and other baseball facts, he and his buddy sped up and walked away. For some reason they couldn't handle the baseball talk.

As long as you buy the Prior jersey, tickets to the game and 6 beers, you're automatically included in the Cubbie fan base.

All I can say is that I'm glad we're not like that.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:43 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

I'm ALMOST tempted to buy Cub gear, go to one of these games this weekend, and start a huge fight just to see what kind of coverage it would get. Then again, the thought of wearing Cub garb and smelling piss all day while avoiding men trying to pinch my ass is a little more than I can handle.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko
Then again, the thought of wearing Cub garb and smelling piss all day while avoiding men trying to pinch my ass is a little more than I can handle.

Sig professionally designed by WSI's own Michelle
Old 07-01-2004, 10:34 PM
WSI Church Elder

I got a story about Sunday's game like that, even though it didn't involve me directly, just a Cub fan in my section.

Right before the whole patterson-being-doubled-off play, this cub fan got thrown out of the park for being what I assume is officially known as "disrespectful to the fans around him." He gave a middle finger as a parting shot, but we in 516 and 518 will all remember him for spilling his beer all down his front while tripping on the stairs to a chorus of "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye."
Old 07-02-2004, 01:24 AM
WSI Personality

His name is Ted Novak. I was listening to Nick Digillio's sunday night show when Ted told Nick about what happened. Nick is a huge flub fan but took a few minutes to apologize on behalf of all cub fans for what happened. He then went on a rant about how "real" cub fans are being replaced by A-holes, like the ones who assaulted Ted.

Nick also mentioned how hard it is to get tickets. He said even though he works for WGN he can't get tickets. Then Ted brings up the fact how 20 years ago Wrigley was hardly ever sold out. Ha, ha, good one Ted.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:25 AM
WSI Church Elder

[QUOTE=vegyrex] "real" cub fans are being replaced by A-holes, like the ones who assaulted Ted.

sCrUB fans have been A Holes for the past 3 decades (80's,90's,2000+).
Just try and tell these losers that "Harry" spent 25 years in St.Louis and 10 years on the South Side before he made the biggest mistake of his career.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:24 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris=God
Maybe this should be in the parking lot but I am listining to WGN radio and someone (sox fan) who works at WGN told a story about how he was asaulted by a cub fan this weekend at the ballpark. This guy was enjoying the game when these Cub fans started arguing with him about the Sox, you know that Sox suck bs. Then leaving the game the Cub fans ran up to him and one sucker-punched the sox fan from behind, and then RAN AWAY! So then a fellow sox fan ran down 2 of the 3 guys. So in the end this guy lost most of his teeth because the blow was in the back portion of the jaw.

What losers.

Maybe Moronotti will write about this!
Did he sucker punch him with his purse??!?!?!!?!?