White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2004, 12:15 AM
WSI Regular

Default Seattle vs. Texas - Big Mo!

Just thought I'd drop a note for all you softies out there... during the Mariners/Rangers game tonight on ESPN they had many discussions about the Garcia trade.

They've shown Olivo on a few occasions walking around the dugout talking and laughing with his new teammates. This is great to see and really makes me feel a hell of a lot better about the whole deal... I felt really bad for the guy after reading that he broke down and cried when he was told he'd been traded - what a heart on this kid.

Mo's in good hands and appears to be adjusting well

Another interesting comment from an unlikely source during the game... Sutcliffe said something to the effect that the "White Sox are pretty much a lock to win the Central" now that they've acquired Garcia. Puzzling.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:19 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadafi311
Just thought I'd drop a note for all you softies out there....
its true. i'm a softy. i miss miguel and think that hes a great guy. i really hope he likes being in seattle.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:20 AM
WSI Regular

I have been watching the whole game and the announcers at one point were discussing Olivo and the cameras were showing Olivo holding his catcher's mask and the announcers were talking about Olivo trying to paint it to get rid of the White Sox logo, he still has the big SOX on the back he still has to take care of. I found this sorta interesting. He was one hell of a catcher, my favorite since Fisk. He will be missed.

CUBS SUCK

White Sox Fans, knowing more about baseball and the cubs than their own fans since 1901.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Clean-up Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadafi311
Another interesting comment from an unlikely source during the game... Sutcliffe said something to the effect that the "White Sox are pretty much a lock to win the Central" now that they've acquired Garcia. Puzzling.
I wouldnt go that far yet. Let's see if Maggs is here and or who's here in place of him, or what KW's going to do next. No matter what, KW will improve this team. I'm still pissed that they didnt win it last year. KW did a hell of a job putting that team together and they were much better then the twins on paper. I still blame a certain some one first.

You dont need to pitch in NY Mark. We won the series and i love Sunday lineups!
Old 06-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC727
I have been watching the whole game and the announcers at one point were discussing Olivo and the cameras were showing Olivo holding his catcher's mask and the announcers were talking about Olivo trying to paint it to get rid of the White Sox logo, he still has the big SOX on the back he still has to take care of. I found this sorta interesting. He was one hell of a catcher, my favorite since Fisk. He will be missed.
He had a pretty bad *** White Sox mask.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Banned

I miss Miguel. <--- I just wish he hadn't done that.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Side
I miss Miguel. <--- I just wish he hadn't done that.
he is doin alright.

Old 06-29-2004, 01:35 PM
WSI Regular

Good post. Hopefully this can put all this cryin' MO stuff to bed. He gets PAID to PLAY BASEBALL. You would have thought he was freakin' Elian Gonzalez.

No disrespect - I'll miss having him on our team and all, but, let's move on. You just know he's gonna smoke us at the plate when we see him in a week or so.

'Stache rides again.