White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2004, 07:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default what pisses me off about cubs fans..

Whenever im talking to a cubs fan, i always bring up "The Sox Won". After these 3 words cubs fans then go on about the cubs record, how it was "better" than the sox'. Well, it might be, but THE SOX ARE BETTER! The fact that the sox beat the cubs does make them better. Oh yea, yesterday i was discussing baseball with a cubs fan, and im like "SOX BEAT THE CUBS! WHOOO" and then "Yea, well sammy got 2 homeruns baby!"

This really pisses me off about scrub fans

Proud to be a WSIer
Old 06-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Banned

And Sox fans wouldn't be saying the exact same things in response if their positions were switched? Please.

Old 06-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Brrrrooooowwwwffffffff!!!

I would also add that there are three more games to go with them on their turf.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsfansareDRUNK
cubs fans then go on about the cubs record, how it was "better" than the sox'.
The cubs are a better team on paper, but they've yet to prove it on the field. Until that happens, cubs fans have nothing to crow about.

Right now, their win % is essentially the same as ours (.005 difference). However, the AL is better than the NL this season, as evidenced by the W/L record in interleague play.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Banned

I'm beginning to get a little tired of this debate. Until the Sox actually win something of significance, I think we should all keep quiet. There's no reason to get excited about winning two games against a team the Sox should beat. When the Sox reach the post-season, then it's time to talk. Until then...
Old 06-28-2004, 10:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

It's not as bad as when cub fans say "atleast we'll be playing in october" when mentioning that the sox beat them 2 out of 3 this weekend. the last time i checked, the series put the cubs 5 games behind the red birds and the sox 1 game behind the twins. yeah...the sox are going to be watching from home in october because they beat the cubs in a game that counts in the standings. cub fans and common sense doesn't mix.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:19 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane
I'm beginning to get a little tired of this debate. Until the Sox actually win something of significance, I think we should all keep quiet. There's no reason to get excited about winning two games against a team the Sox should beat. When the Sox reach the post-season, then it's time to talk. Until then...
Good point. The sox have beaten the cubs so much in the past so lets just call the white sox a better team.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:30 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
It's not as bad as when cub fans say "atleast we'll be playing in october" when mentioning that the sox beat them 2 out of 3 this weekend. the last time i checked, the series put the cubs 5 games behind the red birds and the sox 1 game behind the twins. yeah...the sox are going to be watching from home in october because they beat the cubs in a game that counts in the standings. cub fans and common sense doesn't mix.
Exactly the way I see it. The sCrUB fan propensity for finding the silver lining in a barrel of manure defies all rational thinking, which is why it's pointless to argue with them. Reminds of a former co-worker, who was the pleasant combination of sCrUB fan and National League supremacist. When it came to the All-Star game, if the NL won it proved (once again) their supremacy, but if the AL won, it was a "meaningless" game. Sheeeeesh...

SMO
Old 06-29-2004, 12:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsfansareDRUNK
Whenever im talking to a cubs fan, i always bring up "The Sox Won". After these 3 words cubs fans then go on about the cubs record, how it was "better" than the sox'. Well, it might be, but THE SOX ARE BETTER! The fact that the sox beat the cubs does make them better. Oh yea, yesterday i was discussing baseball with a cubs fan, and im like "SOX BEAT THE CUBS! WHOOO" and then "Yea, well sammy got 2 homeruns baby!"

This really pisses me off about scrub fans
Just ask sammy if he's allergic to pollen and if he should sit out the next game to avoid sneezing. Also ask if hes lost any more money in plastic bags for his brother in the domican. Hows mrs. sammy as well? That second black eye is comin in nicely. Plenty of garbage to throw at sammy, sure we got frank they can target but sosa is even easier.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockdaleForVeep
Just ask sammy if he's allergic to pollen and if he should sit out the next game to avoid sneezing. Also ask if hes lost any more money in plastic bags for his brother in the domican. Hows mrs. sammy as well? That second black eye is comin in nicely. Plenty of garbage to throw at sammy, sure we got frank they can target but sosa is even easier.
lol