White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-28-2004, 06:31 PM
hold2dibber hold2dibber is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Western 'burbs (of Chicago)
Posts: 3,888
Default Diaz/Rauch Status?

Maybe I missed it among all the Cub drubbing hub bub (!) and big trade news, but has anyone heard anything definitive about the status of Rauch and Diaz? With Schoenweiss on the DL, which one of those two is in the rotation? When does the 5th starter come up again? Have either of those guys been sent back to the minors?
__________________
Pitcher Chuck Finley, after ex-wife Tawny Kitaen accused him in divorce court of being a heavy drinker, marijuana smoker and steroid user: "I can't believe she left out the cross-dressing.''
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Randar68 Randar68 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold2dibber
Maybe I missed it among all the Cub drubbing hub bub (!) and big trade news, but has anyone heard anything definitive about the status of Rauch and Diaz? With Schoenweiss on the DL, which one of those two is in the rotation? When does the 5th starter come up again? Have either of those guys been sent back to the minors?
I imagine Vic Darensburg will be demoted, but I don't know which will go to the bullpen and which will stay in the rotation. Nothing has formally been announced yet. In order to keep carrying 3 catchers, they may have to send down one of the 2, and Diaz would be pitching on more of a normal rest compared to Rauch when that spot next comes around, IIRC.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
soltrain21 soltrain21 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14,452
Default

Start Rauch, keep Diaz in the bullpen and make Mike Jackson pack his bags and go far far away.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-28-2004, 06:46 PM
eurotrash35 eurotrash35 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Iowa City, IA
Posts: 728
Default

I say ship Rauch down and keep Diaz on as a 5 starter. For some reason I'm really high on Diaz and with Rauch's good start last time his trade value increases. He can keep his value high if he's pitching AAA ball. Diaz is only 23 and this is his first season in the bigs. Rauch has had chances before and I'd rather let him go than get rid of Diaz.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 9,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
I imagine Vic Darensburg will be demoted, but I don't know which will go to the bullpen and which will stay in the rotation. Nothing has formally been announced yet. In order to keep carrying 3 catchers, they may have to send down one of the 2, and Diaz would be pitching on more of a normal rest compared to Rauch when that spot next comes around, IIRC.
Maybe Mike Jackson will be put on waivers?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and letís fight tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-28-2004, 09:03 PM
IA_soxfan IA_soxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21
Start Rauch, keep Diaz in the bullpen and make Mike Jackson pack his bags and go far far away.
We shouldn't be getting carried away here. Yes, Rauch and Diaz both made minced meat out of some fairly potent lineups in their last starts, but previously to that they have been horrendous in their starts w/ the sox. I say wait a little longer and make sure they can be effective against big league hitters before we ship out Mike Jackson. I know Jackson is horrid, but Diaz or Rauch could be worse. We just don't know yet.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Cubbiesuck13 Cubbiesuck13 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_soxfan
We shouldn't be getting carried away here. Yes, Rauch and Diaz both made minced meat out of some fairly potent lineups in their last starts, but previously to that they have been horrendous in their starts w/ the sox. I say wait a little longer and make sure they can be effective against big league hitters before we ship out Mike Jackson. I know Jackson is horrid, but Diaz or Rauch could be worse. We just don't know yet.
well if they want them both to continue to make spot starts then one needs to go back down so they can be brought up at a moments notice. i doubt that diaz will stay and i hope they let jon pitch a couple of games no matter how he does. if they do that and he struggles for a few starts in a row i would think it would be nice to have diaz come up and pitch. i am not sure how many pitchers came up with the sox pitching in the pen and then converting to starter. i think MB did tho, but you never know how diaz will react to going from starting to a clean up role pitching only few innings everyday.
__________________
Cubs Suck!

"I've thought about opening a bottle of champagne and pouring it on my teammates' heads. I don't care about my stats, just as long as we win. That gets us closer to my goal." C. Politte
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.