White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Banned

Default Klassic Kub Fan Whining on the Score This a.m.

Murph and callers complaining about the biased game calling of Hawk & DJ, while this coming weekend (whine whine), the Flubs get the team of Stoney & Chimp only once.

Never mind that the reason they're not getting to call the games 3 times is because of their beautiful shrine of a park, to which the national broadcast crews of Fox and ESPN are drawn to like moths to a flame.

"It's not fair! We're being shown all over the country!"

Old 06-28-2004, 07:49 AM
WSI High Priest

Nobody stops people from turning the volume down. I'm sure lots of other Cubs fans were watching the game with the volume down while listening to Pat & Ron on the AM dial. Like they say, if you can't stand the heat, stay the hell out of the kitchen!!
Old 06-28-2004, 08:12 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeses_h_rice
Murph and callers complaining about the biased game calling of Hawk & DJ, while this coming weekend (whine whine), the Flubs get the team of Stoney & Chimp only once.

Never mind that the reason they're not getting to call the games 3 times is because of their beautiful shrine of a park, to which the national broadcast crews of Fox and ESPN are drawn to like moths to a flame.

And then some dork said that if you asked most baseball fans(not only cub fans), they would want chimp and stone to broadcast a game. the only reason they would win is because they're on a superstation a lot and the average joe would actually know the names chip caray and steve stone.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:56 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveFisk
Nobody stops people from turning the volume down. I'm sure lots of other Cubs fans were watching the game with the volume down while listening to Pat & Ron on the AM dial. Like they say, if you can't stand the heat, stay the hell out of the kitchen!!
Rooney and Farmer for me this weekend.Anything beats Chimp,stand Pat and the would be HOF.If he makes it,I want Dick Allen,Bill Melton,Wilbur Wood and Jorge Orta inducted as well.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:09 AM
WSI Church Elder

I thought the coverage was actually quite nicely done in favor of the Cub; Hawk and DJ praised the Cubs countless times (mentioning this is the best team we've faced), kept showing Sammy's blast (that was a f'n bomb!), and complimented the pitching staff.

They do get the shaft in that two national games will take over coverage on Sat & Sun, but who really cares! Turn down the TV and turn up the radio.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:55 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXSINCE'70
Rooney and Farmer for me this weekend.Anything beats Chimp,stand Pat and the would be HOF.If he makes it,I want Dick Allen,Bill Melton,Wilbur Wood and Jorge Orta inducted as well.
Oh, I know. I like Rooney & Farmer myself, but I mentioned Pat & Ron because I would assume that Cubbie fans would not want to listen to a Sox broadcast, although I did hear one of them say they actually did listen to Rooney & Farmer over Hughes & Santo. Either way, there's no excuse for whining about Hawk & DJ....there are other options!
Old 06-28-2004, 12:03 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Any team that actually allows Chip Carey to speak can NOT complain about anyone else's announcers.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Banned

I would rather listen to a dentist performing root canal surgery on a brittish patient rather than listen to 3 straight games of chimp and drunkey, er i mean stoney.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:45 PM
Banned

I can't think of a group of fans who whines more than Cubs fans. First, they complained that Sox fans get too excited about the crosstown series. Next, they complained about Sox fans stuffing the ballots for the All City team. Now, they're bitching about Hawk and DJ. It never ends with these people. When are they going to realize that nobody wants to listen to their tired act anymore.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane
. When are they going to realize that nobody wants to listen to their tired act anymore.
when sliced bread is a thing of the past?
Old 06-28-2004, 07:47 PM
WSI High Priest

[QUOTE=cheeses_h_rice]Murph and callers complaining about the biased game calling of Hawk & DJ, while this coming weekend (whine whine), the Flubs get the team of Stoney & Chimp only once.

Old 06-28-2004, 07:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

[QUOTE=soxwon]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeses_h_rice

cry me a river cub fans . whaaaaaa "the sox get hawk and dj while we only get stone and chimp for one game its not fair" "why does sportscenter anchors hate us know?" why because all you guys know how to do is . that and complain about the coverage the flubs get.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogs35
when sliced bread is a thing of the past?
Sliced bread is a thing of the past. It's much more fun to just tear bits and pieces straight off the loaf.