White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 05:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogs35
agreed. it hurt mo is gone but burke can get it done. hes done it last year when givin the chance and for the time i know he can get it down. he must step up with the hitting but he has good defence
Now our catchers have a combined age of 70. Yes, the 32 year old Burke is the answer.

And people call me an idiot.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:59 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox
Idiot? I have a different opinion about pitching. I'll take a 20 game winner with a 4 ERA anyday over your a guy that loses close games with a great ERA.
Garcia will have a great ERA and have a ton of wins with the Sox.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-5; 0.375
Old 06-27-2004, 06:00 PM
WSI Regular

I like Olivo as much as the next guy... but we can ABSOLUTELY afford to dump him for a quality pitcher. Yes, he is and will be great defensively and offensively... but do we really need another big bat in the lineup once Maggs is healthy? Our offense is stacked... we needed PITCHING!

Great trade!
Banned

For those who wanted a Seattle message board to see their opinions, the ESPN board is at http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/mlb/re...T&room=mlb_sea
WSI Church Elder

Olivo is my favorite player but Garcia will not only get us a lot of wins during the season,he is the kind of guy we need in the playoffs.
TheBull19

I'm shocked KW traded Olivo. That guy could be the top catcher in the majors in a few years. Still, you can't get something for nothing, and Garcia can put our rotation over the top, I don't care if he's 4-7, it's a 25 man game, unless a guy pitches a shutout every time out its up to the team to win the game. Look at Buerhle, how many games has "he won" where he gave up 5-7 runs. He didn't win those games, the Sox did. Still, though Olivo? I can't believe he couldn't have worked out the trade w/o Olivo. Catchers with that kind of talent are hard to come by.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Well KW got the job done by getting a starter.

But I want to cry. Miguel is leaving! He was going to be amazing. Already a solid hitter and he has one of the best arms from behind the plate. You see that throw against Patterson. Oh man, I'm gonna die! Why Miguel KW??? And Reed... This is crazy Garcia better be amazing, cause we really got screwed on this trade. Or lots of money to resign Maggs so we don't need to think of Reed when he becomes an All-Star.

WE MISS YA MIGUEL! GOOD LUCK IN SEATTLE!

2014 White Sox Concession Tracker:
4 Miller Lite's
3 Half Acre Daisy Cutters
1 Hot Dog
1 Polish

It's gone.
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26
Garcia will have a great ERA and have a ton of wins with the Sox.
I guess I'm the only one who's noticed that Garcia has....

been progressively worse at least 3 years in a row
had his attitude and passion questioned forever
been accused of being lazy
consistantly found ways to lose games this year
Happy Meal Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklive99
For those who wanted a Seattle message board to see their opinions, the ESPN board is at http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/mlb/re...T&room=mlb_sea
Or here http://ussmariner.blogspot.com/ for an excellent blog. Apparently they think the M's swindled the Sox. Who knew?
WSI Guru

Buehrle on the Score right now....with some semi-strong words about losing Miguel.

That's funny, since Buehrle's the only guy on the pitching staff that demands that Sandy be the starting catcher for him.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:02 PM
WSI Regular

Do you think that all the trade talk with the Braves is over? Or will this parlay into a big deal with the Braves that includes, perhaps, their young catcher Estrada?
Old 06-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox
Idiot? I have a different opinion about pitching. I'll take a 20 game winner with a 4 ERA anyday over your a guy that loses close games with a great ERA.
Yeah, but that same 20 game winner would probably be 1-7 with this years Seattle team. The pitcher can't score his own runs.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Happy Meal Prep

Oh, this gets even better!!!

We also gave up AA SS Michael Morse, currently batting .287/.336/.536 with 11 HR and 25 XBH at Birmingham.
WSI Personality

I think both teams received valuable players, but if the Sox don't keep Garcia and find a replacement catcher (because Alomar can't play everyday and Jamie Burke doesn't exactly inspire a ton of confidence), the Mariners easily overtake the Sox in the long run based upon this trade.

I don't retract my earlier statement about how I think the Sox overpaid, but I give kudos to Kenny for pulling the trigger and looking to improve the Sox, especially in this tough stretch of games.

Now, Kenny, don't back down and keep on picking up the talent.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about the trade (though I am very happy about the pitching acquisition), best of luck to Morse, Reed and Olivo, and welcome aboard Freddy, Davis and cash.
And nobody knows what it's really like / But everyone says it's great / And they heard it from the spiral in their eyes / ... / And nobody knows what it's really like / But everyone says it's great / And they heard it from the spiral in their eyes /.../ The spiraling shape will make you go insane / But everyone wants to see that groovy thing /.../ Don't spend the rest of your life wondering / (Everyone wants to see that thing) - They Might Be Giants from Factory Showroom
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26
Buehrle on the Score right now....with some semi-strong words about losing Miguel.

That's funny, since Buehrle's the only guy on the pitching staff that demands that Sandy be the starting catcher for him.
What'd he say?
Closed Thread