White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2004, 08:48 PM
WSI Regular

Lee, the crybaby!!

Anyone else think Derek Lee (the cry baby) should have been thrown out when the toddler threw his bat when he was struck out? What a wanker! If it were Thomas, he would have been thrown out!

SOX WIN!!! CUBS SUCK!!!
Old 06-27-2004, 08:53 PM
WSI Regular

I'm old school, so I believe that anytime a player does something like that, no matter who he plays for, he should be tossed. I don't even like when players ask the ump after a pitcher paints the corners, "was that really a strike"......maybe I grew up idolizing Fisk and his ways too much
Old 06-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerGeorgefan
I'm old school, so I believe that anytime a player does something like that, no matter who he plays for, he should be tossed. I don't even like when players ask the ump after a pitcher paints the corners, "was that really a strike"......maybe I grew up idolizing Fisk and his ways too much

i don't think you need to apologize for admiring fisk's ways of not being a classless pansy.

dusty baker has a squad full of crybabies and showboats and from what i can tell from his quotes he's lovin' every minute of it
Old 06-27-2004, 09:00 PM
MMXXIII

We're getting on people for showing emotion? This is a big game; there's a lot of electricity in the yard and the guy struck out... So he threw his bat... Big deal. It's one thing to do that and then to pull a Milton Bradley. No need to eject a guy for actually caring about his at bat.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Banned

Alou did the same thing in the first inning. It's really amazing how Cubs players get away with crap like that, yet the Sox get screwed over by umpires time and time again. Today was no exception. Eric Cooper, who is easily one of the worst umpires in Major League Baseball, gave Maddux every call on the outer half of the plate. Loaiza threw pitches in similar locations, and he didn't get those calls.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJLove23
Anyone else think Derek Lee (the cry baby) should have been thrown out when the toddler threw his bat when he was struck out? What a wanker! If it were Thomas, he would have been thrown out!

SOX WIN!!! CUBS SUCK!!!
yes he i was wondering why he wasnt thrown out
Old 06-27-2004, 09:12 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23
We're getting on people for showing emotion? This is a big game; there's a lot of electricity in the yard and the guy struck out... So he threw his bat... Big deal. It's one thing to do that and then to pull a Milton Bradley. No need to eject a guy for actually caring about his at bat.
All I'm talking about is equality, brother. If the hotdog crybabies get to throw their bats and play off their emotions, fine. So do the Sox then
Old 06-27-2004, 09:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

SOX WIN!!! CUBS SUCK!!!
Speaking of that, does anyone know why Thomas was thrown out?
Old 06-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmusacch
Speaking of that, does anyone know why Thomas was thrown out?
Arguing balls and strikes. Frank and Eric Cooper don't get along at all. Cooper tossed him during a game last season against Boston. Cooper is also the dope who blew the call on Joe Crede's home run in Baltimore that was taken away. He is without question one of the worst umpires in all of baseball.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Brrrrooooowwwwffffffff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane
Arguing balls and strikes. Frank and Eric Cooper don't get along at all. Cooper tossed him during a game last season against Boston. Cooper is also the dope who blew the call on Joe Crede's home run in Baltimore that was taken away. He is without question one of the worst umpires in all of baseball.
And crew chief of the absolutely worst umpiring crew in all of baseball, and that includes the Gulf Coast League.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:42 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
All I'm talking about is equality, brother. If the hotdog crybabies get to throw their bats and play off their emotions, fine. So do the Sox then
There's a difference between throwing a bat and arguing balls and strikes, IMO. I don't know what Frank said, etc., so I can't comment on whether or not his ejection was fair, but I think arguing with the ump is a much worse offense than throwing a bat after a strikeout, IMO, especially if nothing was said.

Just my opinion.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:59 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23
There's a difference between throwing a bat and arguing balls and strikes, IMO. I don't know what Frank said, etc., so I can't comment on whether or not his ejection was fair, but I think arguing with the ump is a much worse offense than throwing a bat after a strikeout, IMO, especially if nothing was said.

Just my opinion.
Seemed to me, there were words. Lee threw his bat, looked like the ump told him to go pick it up. Lee said I don't want to you pick it up, and the ump said "ok, i will, anything for you Cubs player"
Old 06-28-2004, 12:00 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane
Too bad Dan Iasognna wasn't here.He was the doofus who,with the Sox poised for a Comiskey sweep in '02,umpired game 3 between Clement and Beuherle.Clement's strike zone was like Pedro's,Beuhrele's was smaller than a postage stamp.Sox lose,8-2. 'Nuff said.
Too bad Eric Gregg is retired.