White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2004, 08:36 PM
WSI Personality

Post Reed hurt

Jeremy Reed had to leave the Charlotte game tonight after Valdez the shortstop inadvertantly kicked him in the hand making a greatcatch in shallow center. Reed tried to stay in the game. (He actually had an RBI single with the bad hand.) But he left midway through and went to the hospital for x-rays. No word yet as to what the results were.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox
Jeremy Reed had to leave the Charlotte game tonight after Valdez the shortstop inadvertantly kicked him in the hand making a greatcatch in shallow center. Reed tried to stay in the game. (He actually had an RBI single with the bad hand.) But he left midway through and went to the hospital for x-rays. No word yet as to what the results were.
is this el galletito?

koch's ghost continues to haunt us
Old 06-21-2004, 09:37 PM
WSI Personality

Default more minor league updates

And Josh "I am the 1st round draft choice" Fields got his first two hits plus Tyler Lumsden pitched his first two innings. Two scoreless with three strikeouts.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox
And Josh "I am the 1st round draft choice" Fields got his first two hits plus Tyler Lumsden pitched his first two innings. Two scoreless with three strikeouts.
What level is Fields at?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775
What level is Fields at?
high A Winston-Salem, so is lumsden.

gio gonzalez was assigned to the bristol roster in the appalacian rookie league.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:31 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
high A Winston-Salem, so is lumsden.

gio gonzalez was assigned to the bristol roster in the appalacian rookie league.
Does anybody else see Fields and Lumsden making the jump to Birmingham next month?
Old 06-22-2004, 11:36 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney
Does anybody else see Fields and Lumsden making the jump to Birmingham next month?
Lumsden, no. Fields, depends. Anderson and Rogowski are certainly 1 and 1A in line to be promoted next. However, Fields was told that the earlier he got signed and started playing, the better chance he'd have of making AA by season's end.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a couple weeks of exposure in AA at the end of the season if he experiences some decent success.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:32 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Lumsden, no. Fields, depends. Anderson and Rogowski are certainly 1 and 1A in line to be promoted next. However, Fields was told that the earlier he got signed and started playing, the better chance he'd have of making AA by season's end.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a couple weeks of exposure in AA at the end of the season if he experiences some decent success.
Supposedly the Sox have told both Fields and Lumsden they want them in Birmingham after a month in Winston. That's pushing them both a bit, if you ask me. I thought starting them at High A was pushing them, but I guess the fact they signed right away and and didn't have a long break after their college seasons does help.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Hudler
Supposedly the Sox have told both Fields and Lumsden they want them in Birmingham after a month in Winston. That's pushing them both a bit, if you ask me. I thought starting them at High A was pushing them, but I guess the fact they signed right away and and didn't have a long break after their college seasons does help.
That strikes me as odd considering the fact that Anderson has yet to be promoted to Birmingham.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I have no problem with getting Fields a taste of action in AA for the last month or month and a half. Lumsden is not as advanced a pitcher as I'd expect to make AA in such a short time. If it's a short stint at the end of the year, i have no problem.

not sayinig you're wrong or right, but that is often something thrown at players just drafted to get them all excited and more eager to sign quickly. We'll see, but i certainly hope both earn it, no problem then!

BTW, seems i was right about Gonzalez starting in Rookie League. Again with a good probability of promottion, but Bristol -> Great Falls is a long flight!
Old 06-22-2004, 08:28 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyb1
That strikes me as odd considering the fact that Anderson has yet to be promoted to Birmingham.
Same with Rogowski The Sox have a bunch of guys in AA and AAA who are at the point where tthe Sox have to make a decision, and some of those decisions will have to be made before any more position players are promoted to AA.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:43 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I have no problem with getting Fields a taste of action in AA for the last month or month and a half. Lumsden is not as advanced a pitcher as I'd expect to make AA in such a short time. If it's a short stint at the end of the year, i have no problem.

not sayinig you're wrong or right, but that is often something thrown at players just drafted to get them all excited and more eager to sign quickly. We'll see, but i certainly hope both earn it, no problem then!

BTW, seems i was right about Gonzalez starting in Rookie League. Again with a good probability of promottion, but Bristol -> Great Falls is a long flight!
I agree with you..... I was surprised they started in W-S, let alone were told Bham could be on the horizon. It may have just been a negotiation tactic. But if they perform and they earn a late callup, fine by me. I just don't think we will see Fields in 3 weeks.

I definitely think Anderson and Rogowski are next up, but I am curious who they will move to make room. Hell, there are 26 players in Birmingham now!
Old 06-22-2004, 10:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I agree with you..... I was surprised they started in W-S, let alone were told Bham could be on the horizon. It may have just been a negotiation tactic. But if they perform and they earn a late callup, fine by me. I just don't think we will see Fields in 3 weeks.

I definitely think Anderson and Rogowski are next up, but I am curious who they will move to make room. Hell, there are 26 players in Birmingham now!
Becker, Sasser, Murphy, maybe Bikowski? They can also move a guy or 2 up to replace a career minor leaguer in Charlotte? I guess I could see them makinig room for a couple of guys, but i'm still dumbfoundned why Rogowski wasn't promoted but Becker, essentially a non-prospect was.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:20 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Becker, Sasser, Murphy, maybe Bikowski? They can also move a guy or 2 up to replace a career minor leaguer in Charlotte? I guess I could see them makinig room for a couple of guys, but i'm still dumbfoundned why Rogowski wasn't promoted but Becker, essentially a non-prospect was.
I thought the same exact then when I heard Becker was coming up instead of Rogowski. They could move Murphy, but he is a veteran presence and is good for that team. Bikowski won't go anywhere unless he is traded. Sasser playes 3B so that doesn't help us, although I think he could be let go. Not sure what the deal with Becker is. I envision an OF of mostly Anderson, Spidale and Bikowski, with Becker at 1B. Murphy and Rogowski can rotate in while also DH'ing, but that leaves out Martel who is a pretty good AA player. Razor likes him and he gives everything he has, so he is a good guy to be in the lineup. He won't wow you with stats, but he is a good role player.

Despite the main goal of developing players, they also do what they can to keep a "team" intact and give the team a chance to win.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I thought the same exact then when I heard Becker was coming up instead of Rogowski. They could move Murphy, but he is a veteran presence and is good for that team. Bikowski won't go anywhere unless he is traded. Sasser playes 3B so that doesn't help us, although I think he could be let go. Not sure what the deal with Becker is. I envision an OF of mostly Anderson, Spidale and Bikowski, with Becker at 1B. Murphy and Rogowski can rotate in while also DH'ing, but that leaves out Martel who is a pretty good AA player. Razor likes him and he gives everything he has, so he is a good guy to be in the lineup. He won't wow you with stats, but he is a good role player.

Despite the main goal of developing players, they also do what they can to keep a "team" intact and give the team a chance to win.
well, waiving Sasser would cerainly clear rom for Fields, but he went 0-4 again tonight, so the Fields to AA Train is stuck in neutral right now.

The Sox could have 3 or 4 position players ready to move up to AA in a month or so, so they are going to have to do something eventually. Maybe they wait and see how Birmingham starts the second half? Sometimes there is far less logic to these things than we give them credit for, lol!