White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-26-2004, 12:58 PM
soxwon soxwon is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago NW SIDE
Posts: 5,046
Default Ok Roast Me On This

after witnessing yesterdays game, i have to say this.
it really hurts- but the cubs are a better team then us.
they do things right!
They have beaten the astros-cards-angels-athletics now us.
i loathe the cubs-but i must give credit where its due.
they dont seem intimidated by us, at all.
when they get their full pitching staff together watch out.
The sox must regroup today and tommorow, if they dont it will be one hell of a long week at work.
plus today we are throwing a rookie at them.
Remember neil cotts in yankee stadium?
i just hope felix can pitch 4 good innings, i have a feeling we will hit zambrano.
But for now sox fans- im sorry but the Cubs have a Really good team.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-26-2004, 12:59 PM
habibharu habibharu is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: champaign
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxwon
after witnessing yesterdays game, i have to say this.
it really hurts- but the cubs are a better team then us.
they do things right!
They have beaten the astros-cards-angels-athletics now us.
i loathe the cubs-but i must give credit where its due.
they dont seem intimidated by us, at all.
when they get their full pitching staff together watch out.
The sox must regroup today and tommorow, if they dont it will be one hell of a long week at work.
plus today we are throwing a rookie at them.
Remember neil cotts in yankee stadium?
i just hope felix can pitch 4 good innings, i have a feeling we will hit zambrano.
But for now sox fans- im sorry but the Cubs have a Really good team.
no question about it. if you still think that we are better than the cubs, then you dont know baseball.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-26-2004, 12:59 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 17,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibharu
no question about it. if you still think that we are better than the cubs, then you dont know baseball.
Agreed, and that has nothing to do with yesterday.
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Paulwny Paulwny is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In a Field
Posts: 6,282
Default

On the pitching mound the cubs rule by a very wide margin.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-26-2004, 01:10 PM
mendozaln mendozaln is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxwon
after witnessing yesterdays game, i have to say this.
it really hurts- but the cubs are a better team then us.
These two statements are not related. Suppose (...) the Cubs are a better team. That doesn't mean we HAVE to say anything like that. We just grumble. That is the essence of Sox vs Cubs (for true Cubs fans as well as true Sox fans). Note, everyone, I have admitted nothing!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-26-2004, 01:13 PM
HomeFish HomeFish is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 5,831
Default

Since 1999, the better team has never won the crosstown series. That said, the Cubs seem to be on the verge of breaking that streak.
__________________
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Viva Magglio Viva Magglio is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 5,568
Default

On paper, I would hate to say it but the Cubs have the superior team. However, I think it should the the White Sox organization's fiduciary responsibility to field a better team than the Cubs.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-26-2004, 04:09 PM
CubsfansareDRUNK CubsfansareDRUNK is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Elmhurst, Milwaukee
Posts: 2,966
Default

traitors
__________________


Proud to be a WSIer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2004, 09:23 PM
MRKARNO MRKARNO is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Downtown
Posts: 7,678
Default

THe Sox have been looking bad lately because the starters have been underperforming lately. When they come around, this team will look once again like a playoff team.
__________________
Post season checklist:
First home playoff win in 46 years Check
First playoff series win in 88 years Check
First Pennant in 46 years CHECK
First World Series in 88 years CHECK
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-26-2004, 09:49 PM
munchman33 munchman33 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pilsen
Posts: 7,813
Default

You people make me sick. We slump for half a month and you're ready to proclaim our season is over and that the Cubs are superior. For shame.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-26-2004, 10:08 PM
cheeses_h_rice cheeses_h_rice is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Falling off my stool at Puffer's, IL
Posts: 9,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchman33
You people make me sick. We slump for half a month and you're ready to proclaim our season is over and that the Cubs are superior. For shame.
The season isn't over. By a long shot.

The Flubs are the better team right now.

Got it?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-26-2004, 10:09 PM
soxwon soxwon is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago NW SIDE
Posts: 5,046
Default

[QUOTE=munchman33]You people make me sick. We slump for half a month and you're ready to proclaim our season is over and that the Cubs are superior. For shame.

What posts you been reading?

we merely said at this point the cubs seem to be the better team.
no one has given up.

i think we will win this division easily.

today was a great win now if we can do it tommorow too.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 26,314
Default

I'm not belittling the Sox players themselves with this so don't have a cardiac arrest.

The Cubs simply have a deeper, more experienced team then the Sox.

I was thinking this yesterday when I saw guys like Grude.....(I'm not even going to try to spell it) and Hollinsworth (a former Rookie Of The Year) in the starting lineup. They've got guys like Todd Walker a very good player on the bench. They've signed experienced players to fill in at least temporarily for some of their injured players.

The Sox meanwhile are putting out there the Ross Gload's, Jamie Burke's and Timo Perez's of the world. That's a huge difference.

Again that's not ripping the players, they are doing the best they can but you get what you pay for. Spend more money... you get better players and more importantly in a 162 game season, a deeper bench and deeper pitching.

Don't spend money and you have major holes which anyone can agree the Sox do.

Lip
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-27-2004, 01:35 AM
SoxFan76 SoxFan76 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dekalb
Posts: 3,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1
I'm not belittling the Sox players themselves with this so don't have a cardiac arrest.

The Cubs simply have a deeper, more experienced team then the Sox.

I was thinking this yesterday when I saw guys like Grude.....(I'm not even going to try to spell it) and Hollinsworth (a former Rookie Of The Year) in the starting lineup. They've got guys like Todd Walker a very good player on the bench. They've signed experienced players to fill in at least temporarily for some of their injured players.

The Sox meanwhile are putting out there the Ross Gload's, Jamie Burke's and Timo Perez's of the world. That's a huge difference.

Again that's not ripping the players, they are doing the best they can but you get what you pay for. Spend more money... you get better players and more importantly in a 162 game season, a deeper bench and deeper pitching.

Don't spend money and you have major holes which anyone can agree the Sox do.

Lip
I've been incredibly pleased with Ozzie's bench.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-27-2004, 07:04 AM
TheBull19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsfansareDRUNK
traitors
Hey Cubsfansaredrunk! Do you realize on your signature when the Cubs logo is changing to suck, with the sox hat on the right there, you're spelling "sox suck"? I'm sure its not intentional but you should do something about that.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.