White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2004, 12:35 AM
WSI Church Elder

Post Funny "Cubs Suck" Joke

Look for more of these coming soon
----------------------------------

On a recent tour of the United States, the Pope took a couple of days off his itinerary to visit the Florida coastline on an impromptu sightseeing trip.

His 4x4 Pope-mobile was driving along the beautiful shoreline when there was an enormous commotion heard just off the headland.

They rushed to see what it was and upon approaching the scene, the Pope noticed in the water a hapless man wearing a Chicago Cubs baseball jersey, struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a huge shark.

At that moment a speedboat containing three men wearing White Sox jerseys roared into view from around the point. Immediately, one of the men took aim and fired a harpoon into the shark's ribs, immobilizing it instantly. The other two reached out and pulled the Cubs fan from the water and then, using long clubs, beat the shark to death.

They bundled the bleeding, semiconscious man into the boat along with the dead shark and then prepared for a hasty retreat when they heard frantic shouting from the shore.

It was the Pope summoning them to the beach. After they reached the shore, the Pope praised them for the rescue and said, I give you my blessing for your brave actions. I had heard that there was bitter hatred between the people of south and north sides of Chicago, but now I have seen with my own eyes this is not true. I can see that your society is a truly enlightened example of true harmony and could serve as a model on which others could follow."

He blessed them all and drove off in a cloud of dust. As he departed, the harpooner asked the others, "Who was that?"

"That," one answered, "that was the Holy Father, His Holiness the Pope, the head of the Roman Catholic Church and the spiritual leader of millions of faithful Christians around the world."

"Well," the harpooner replied, "He doesn't seem to know diddley about shark fishing. Is the bait holding up okay or do we need to get another one?"

Proud to be a WSIer
Old 06-26-2004, 01:44 AM
WSI Personality

Personally, any joke with the Pope in it is bound to be funny, IMO.

Nicely done.

Enjoy your stay at WSI.

And nobody knows what it's really like / But everyone says it's great / And they heard it from the spiral in their eyes / ... / And nobody knows what it's really like / But everyone says it's great / And they heard it from the spiral in their eyes /.../ The spiraling shape will make you go insane / But everyone wants to see that groovy thing /.../ Don't spend the rest of your life wondering / (Everyone wants to see that thing) - They Might Be Giants from Factory Showroom
Old 06-26-2004, 11:27 AM
WSI Church Elder

Thanks dude. I hope i do. FINALLY! A place where i can talk about White sox stuff with my brothers.

CUBS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what cubs fans do instead of watching the game
Old 06-26-2004, 11:29 AM
WSI Church Elder

hehehe
Old 06-27-2004, 01:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Funny joke, but I've heard it with the bears/packers in its place, and numerous other rivals. Still good joke though
Old 06-27-2004, 11:20 AM
WSI Personality

Default Funny Cub Joke

I heard a funny Cub joke at work last week.
OK I know it's not a PC joke, but it made me smile.

Q: How many homo's does it take to tip over a burning car?

A: We'll never know 'cuz the Cubs will never win the World Series

"(Shoeless Joe) Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." ------ Connie Mack..........................."I copied (Shoeless Joe) Jackson's style because I thought he was the greatest natural hitter I ever saw. He's the guy who made me a hitter."------ Babe Ruth"
Old 06-27-2004, 11:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

Yea, i heard that one also