White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-24-2004, 05:24 PM
chisox56 chisox56 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 602
Default Ed Farmer

Today i was listening to the game and in the ninth inning ed farmer kept saying he had apologized to someone and that this person could turn the dial if they didn't want to listen to him and he kept saying he was sorry. Does anyone know Who he was apologizing to and why was he apologizing?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-24-2004, 05:29 PM
ChiWhiteSox1337 ChiWhiteSox1337 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Rockford
Posts: 4,093
Default

Go to the Roadhouse forum. I think the topic there will explain the apology.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2004, 05:43 PM
Over By There's Avatar
Over By There Over By There is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Red Stick
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Go to the Roadhouse forum. I think the topic there will explain the apology.
Actually, don't go over there if you're looking for any real info on this topic. That thread has turned into something completely different, unfortunately.

Can someone please comment on what's going on with this Farmer topic, outside of the Roadhouse where hopefully a couple people won't hijack the thread?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2004, 06:27 PM
mcfish mcfish is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Suburbs
Posts: 1,545
Default

From what I could gather in the other thread, Farmer made a comment Tuesday or so and someone wrote him email during both of the last two games to tell him that he was offended. No one so far has been able to recall what the comment was. Farmer apologized yesterday, and today he said something to the effect of I already apologized, if that's not good enough then don't listen. The rest of the thread (most of it) is a debate about the Middle East.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-26-2004, 09:17 AM
hose's Avatar
hose hose is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over By There
Actually, don't go over there if you're looking for any real info on this topic. That thread has turned into something completely different, unfortunately.

Can someone please comment on what's going on with this Farmer topic, outside of the Roadhouse where hopefully a couple people won't hijack the thread?
I should have taken your advice, the Roadhouse(as usual) was a waste of time.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Fridaythe13thJason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox56
Today i was listening to the game and in the ninth inning ed farmer kept saying he had apologized to someone and that this person could turn the dial if they didn't want to listen to him and he kept saying he was sorry. Does anyone know Who he was apologizing to and why was he apologizing?
Ha ha ha ha.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-26-2004, 10:37 AM
PaleHoseGeorge's Avatar
PaleHoseGeorge PaleHoseGeorge is offline
Webmaster - French Fryer
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: W. Connecticut
Posts: 14,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose
I should have taken your advice, the Roadhouse (as usual) was a waste of time.
I changed the title of that thread because it has nothing to do with Farmer's comments.

Nobody has posted a single thing clarifying what Farmer said, or whether his apology was meant with the slightest bit of sincerity. If anyone has information to post, you'll find it here.

Farmer has quite an attitude this season. I remember him ripping the American ballplayers for standing at attention with caps over heart during the playing of the Canadian national anthem. He seems to be spending even more time than usual talking about his days in California and Philadelphia, too. For somebody who went to St. Rita, he sure has very little insight to share about anything a Sox Fan would care to hear about.

I'm sick of the *******. I hope this is his last season.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-26-2004, 08:22 PM
hose's Avatar
hose hose is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I changed the title of that thread because it has nothing to do with Farmer's comments.

Nobody has posted a single thing clarifying what Farmer said, or whether his apology was meant with the slightest bit of sincerity. If anyone has information to post, you'll find it here.

Farmer has quite an attitude this season. I remember him ripping the American ballplayers for standing at attention with caps over heart during the playing of the Canadian national anthem. He seems to be spending even more time than usual talking about his days in California and Philadelphia, too. For somebody who went to St. Rita, he sure has very little insight to share about anything a Sox Fan would care to hear about.

I'm sick of the *******. I hope this is his last season.
Farmio had one of the best calls I've heard in a while today.

Zambrano was throwing over to first trying to get Timo , after the 6th throw over, Farmio said that Crede was going to get a fat one for a homer. CRACK , Crede homers on the next pitch.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-27-2004, 06:14 AM
MisterB MisterB is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 2,812
Default

I think I finally found out what the apology was about. I went back to Monday's game on MLB Gameday Audio and during the 3rd inning was the following exchange:

Quote:
Farmer: How was your drive in today, by the way?

Rooney: Long.

F: I was out by your house today...

R: You didn't stop by?

F: No, I was in traffic. I, I drove by, but... I was at, uh, Royal Fox for the Special Olympics. When I got here I felt like I was in 'em...

R: Here's the pitch, a little bit low...

F: I felt like I was in this year's Olympic Games...

R: It was in the marathon, that's for sure.

F: Yeah. Two hours to get here?

R: Mm-hmm.
They then go on to make comments about the traffic. For those of you who subscribe, it's at about 1 hour 37 min into the clip.
__________________
There were never any 'good old days'
They are today, they are tomorrow
It's a stupid thing we say
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow


Gogol Bordello - "Ultimate"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-27-2004, 07:46 AM
SOXSINCE'70 SOXSINCE'70 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: DEERFIELD
Posts: 4,999
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I changed the title of that thread because it has nothing to do with Farmer's comments.

Nobody has posted a single thing clarifying what Farmer said, or whether his apology was meant with the slightest bit of sincerity. If anyone has information to post, you'll find it here.

Farmer has quite an attitude this season. I remember him ripping the American ballplayers for standing at attention with caps over heart during the playing of the Canadian national anthem. He seems to be spending even more time than usual talking about his days in California and Philadelphia, too. For somebody who went to St. Rita, he sure has very little insight to share about anything a Sox Fan would care to hear about.

I'm sick of the *******. I hope this is his last season.
Farmer is sounding more monotone every day,at least to my ears.He has some good stories occasionally,but a color guy is supposed to add color,and Farmer and DJ are horrible,IMHO.
__________________
White Sox baseball - JUST WIN,BABY!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-28-2004, 02:52 PM
mcfish mcfish is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Suburbs
Posts: 1,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB
I think I finally found out what the apology was about. I went back to Monday's game on MLB Gameday Audio and during the 3rd inning was the following exchange:


They then go on to make comments about the traffic. For those of you who subscribe, it's at about 1 hour 37 min into the clip.
So 2 days of apologies and eighty posts about Iraq later, and we found out it was all over some extremely oversensitive listener? Farmer was for some reason making an appearance at the Special Olympics. Then he said that the traffic in to the stadium made him feel like he's in a marathan in the Olympics.

Some people really need to lighten up.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-28-2004, 02:54 PM
HomeFish HomeFish is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 5,886
Default

One of my favorite activities at White Sox games is trying to guess what Ed Farmer must be saying in a given situation. One of these days I'll just have to bring a radio and see how close I am.
__________________
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,361
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish
One of my favorite activities at White Sox games is trying to guess what Ed Farmer must be saying in a given situation. One of these days I'll just have to bring a radio and see how close I am.
One of the most enjoyable times I can have is sitting in the upperdeck by myself, with a bag of peanuts, listening to the call on the headphones and keeping score. You become completely immersed in the game. Everyone should do that at least once. It's amazing how soothing and beautiful the game can become at that point.
__________________


2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-28-2004, 03:40 PM
HomeFish HomeFish is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 5,886
Default

I'm not sure about that; I for one have always associated people bringing radios into the park with Cub fans who can't follow what's going on on the field, and I don't think I'm alone on that.

Of course, keeping score might detract from that.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Philo-Sox-er Philo-Sox-er is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Carbondale, IL/Harvey, IL
Posts: 309
Default

Thanks for finally clarifying what was going on MrB!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.