White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2004, 05:24 PM
WSI Personality

Default Ed Farmer

Today i was listening to the game and in the ninth inning ed farmer kept saying he had apologized to someone and that this person could turn the dial if they didn't want to listen to him and he kept saying he was sorry. Does anyone know Who he was apologizing to and why was he apologizing?
Old 06-24-2004, 05:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Go to the Roadhouse forum. I think the topic there will explain the apology.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Go to the Roadhouse forum. I think the topic there will explain the apology.
Actually, don't go over there if you're looking for any real info on this topic. That thread has turned into something completely different, unfortunately.

Can someone please comment on what's going on with this Farmer topic, outside of the Roadhouse where hopefully a couple people won't hijack the thread?
Old 06-24-2004, 06:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

From what I could gather in the other thread, Farmer made a comment Tuesday or so and someone wrote him email during both of the last two games to tell him that he was offended. No one so far has been able to recall what the comment was. Farmer apologized yesterday, and today he said something to the effect of I already apologized, if that's not good enough then don't listen. The rest of the thread (most of it) is a debate about the Middle East.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:17 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over By There
Actually, don't go over there if you're looking for any real info on this topic. That thread has turned into something completely different, unfortunately.

Can someone please comment on what's going on with this Farmer topic, outside of the Roadhouse where hopefully a couple people won't hijack the thread?
I should have taken your advice, the Roadhouse(as usual) was a waste of time.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Fridaythe13thJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox56
Today i was listening to the game and in the ninth inning ed farmer kept saying he had apologized to someone and that this person could turn the dial if they didn't want to listen to him and he kept saying he was sorry. Does anyone know Who he was apologizing to and why was he apologizing?
Ha ha ha ha.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Webmaster - French Fryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose
I should have taken your advice, the Roadhouse (as usual) was a waste of time.
I changed the title of that thread because it has nothing to do with Farmer's comments.

Nobody has posted a single thing clarifying what Farmer said, or whether his apology was meant with the slightest bit of sincerity. If anyone has information to post, you'll find it here.

Farmer has quite an attitude this season. I remember him ripping the American ballplayers for standing at attention with caps over heart during the playing of the Canadian national anthem. He seems to be spending even more time than usual talking about his days in California and Philadelphia, too. For somebody who went to St. Rita, he sure has very little insight to share about anything a Sox Fan would care to hear about.

I'm sick of the *******. I hope this is his last season.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:22 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I changed the title of that thread because it has nothing to do with Farmer's comments.

Nobody has posted a single thing clarifying what Farmer said, or whether his apology was meant with the slightest bit of sincerity. If anyone has information to post, you'll find it here.

Farmer has quite an attitude this season. I remember him ripping the American ballplayers for standing at attention with caps over heart during the playing of the Canadian national anthem. He seems to be spending even more time than usual talking about his days in California and Philadelphia, too. For somebody who went to St. Rita, he sure has very little insight to share about anything a Sox Fan would care to hear about.

Farmio had one of the best calls I've heard in a while today.

Zambrano was throwing over to first trying to get Timo , after the 6th throw over, Farmio said that Crede was going to get a fat one for a homer. CRACK , Crede homers on the next pitch.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:14 AM
WSI Church Elder

I think I finally found out what the apology was about. I went back to Monday's game on MLB Gameday Audio and during the 3rd inning was the following exchange:

Quote:
Farmer: How was your drive in today, by the way?

Rooney: Long.

F: I was out by your house today...

R: You didn't stop by?

F: No, I was in traffic. I, I drove by, but... I was at, uh, Royal Fox for the Special Olympics. When I got here I felt like I was in 'em...

R: Here's the pitch, a little bit low...

F: I felt like I was in this year's Olympic Games...

R: It was in the marathon, that's for sure.

F: Yeah. Two hours to get here?

R: Mm-hmm.
They then go on to make comments about the traffic. For those of you who subscribe, it's at about 1 hour 37 min into the clip.
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow

Gogol Bordello - "Ultimate"
Old 06-27-2004, 07:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Farmer is sounding more monotone every day,at least to my ears.He has some good stories occasionally,but a color guy is supposed to add color,and Farmer and DJ are horrible,IMHO.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB
I think I finally found out what the apology was about. I went back to Monday's game on MLB Gameday Audio and during the 3rd inning was the following exchange:

They then go on to make comments about the traffic. For those of you who subscribe, it's at about 1 hour 37 min into the clip.
So 2 days of apologies and eighty posts about Iraq later, and we found out it was all over some extremely oversensitive listener? Farmer was for some reason making an appearance at the Special Olympics. Then he said that the traffic in to the stadium made him feel like he's in a marathan in the Olympics.

Some people really need to lighten up.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:54 PM
WSI High Priest

One of my favorite activities at White Sox games is trying to guess what Ed Farmer must be saying in a given situation. One of these days I'll just have to bring a radio and see how close I am.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 06-28-2004, 03:05 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish
One of my favorite activities at White Sox games is trying to guess what Ed Farmer must be saying in a given situation. One of these days I'll just have to bring a radio and see how close I am.
One of the most enjoyable times I can have is sitting in the upperdeck by myself, with a bag of peanuts, listening to the call on the headphones and keeping score. You become completely immersed in the game. Everyone should do that at least once. It's amazing how soothing and beautiful the game can become at that point.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 06-28-2004, 03:40 PM
WSI High Priest

I'm not sure about that; I for one have always associated people bringing radios into the park with Cub fans who can't follow what's going on on the field, and I don't think I'm alone on that.

Of course, keeping score might detract from that.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:15 PM
WSI Regular

Thanks for finally clarifying what was going on MrB!