White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2004, 02:49 PM
WSI Personality

Default Barry Zito

I know the A's are in search of bullpen help which we can't help them much with but am I out of line saying I would give up:

Borchard and Munoz or Rausch for Zito

Let me hear some thoughts. Anyone think Beene would bite at that. Yet look at the last time KW tried to pull something over Bill
Old 06-24-2004, 06:32 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots09
I know the A's are in search of bullpen help which we can't help them much with but am I out of line saying I would give up:

Let me hear some thoughts. Anyone think Beene would bite at that. Yet look at the last time KW tried to pull something over Bill
They'd have to give up a helluva lot more for Zito. Possibly all that, with Maggs to boot.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots09

The Sox would need to give up more to get Zito. Borchard isn't Beane's cup of tea and Rauch is a fringe prospect. Munoz is the best of the bunch in this deal, and I think other teams could offer a much better package.

Right now, the A's could use another reliever (though I think Mecir, Rhodes, Hammond, and Bradford will improve once the season continues). Their offense has been fine, though they could probably use another bat off the bench. It was nice to see them come back and take the final two games over the Angels. Mulder pitched a gem today.