White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Banned

Default Idiot Fan At Last Nights Game

I was at the game last night and in the eighth when they cut off beer sales me and my buddy walked down to the bar to further pollute ourselves. I was pretty peeved to say the the least when Mike "I need to retire" Jackson served up the grand slam, then I checked my phone and found out that the Twinkies won so I was even more peeved, then came this: I ran into a guy that told me who cares about the Twins? The Cubbies just blew a big game! I replied "Who cares about the Twins? I F-ing do!!! We're not playing the Cubs until this weekend Buddy." Needless to say he got pretty irate and told me I was an idiot and what not. But to get to the point here, do Sox fans really not care? Have any of you ever come across this? This really made mad.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:37 PM
WSI Personality

Not that this is an unusual occurence, but in section 101 by the fan deck in right field this guy was losing his voice heckling Coco Crisp. Personally I find that stupid and I strongly doubt Crisp even heard his insults. I wonder if it made him do that error though.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

There were alot of Cub fans at last nights game. One frat boy was holding up a sign that said, "I can't afford Cubs tickets so I came here instead." Moron kept holding it up too. Then there was the Cubs fan next to me that kept giving a Cubs game update everytime the out-of-town scoreboard changed. Many people were cheering when the board would change in the Cubs favor. They talked alot of **** too. They also cheered when Jackson gave up the HR.

I wish the Cubs play-by-play guy was there when the out-of-town scoreboard changed to CHI-9, STL-10 with a big "F" next to it.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by minastirith67
Not that this is an unusual occurence, but in section 101 by the fan deck in right field this guy was losing his voice heckling Coco Crisp. Personally I find that stupid and I strongly doubt Crisp even heard his insults. I wonder if it made him do that error though.
What is wrong with heckling? It is one of the great things that a fan can do. Fans from all the way back when did it and it is a great tradition. So in your opinion, heckling Sammy is also stupid?
Old 06-24-2004, 01:00 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottyj242
I was at the game last night and in the eighth when they cut off beer sales me and my buddy walked down to the bar to further pollute ourselves. I was pretty peeved to say the the least when Mike "I need to retire" Jackson served up the grand slam, then I checked my phone and found out that the Twinkies won so I was even more peeved, then came this: I ran into a guy that told me who cares about the Twins? The Cubbies just blew a big game! I replied "Who cares about the Twins? I F-ing do!!! We're not playing the Cubs until this weekend Buddy." Needless to say he got pretty irate and told me I was an idiot and what not. But to get to the point here, do Sox fans really not care? Have any of you ever come across this? This really made mad.
ahh yes the Sox fans that perpetuate the we hate the cubs more than like the sox. I for one was checking the boston score and felt the same way you do...
Old 06-24-2004, 01:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by minastirith67
I remember a Radio interview with I think Rondell white before he came to the cubs saying that he was heckeled in a game and he remembered it. He siad one of the chants they were doing and it ended up being my friends and I... so yes the do hear the insults!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:54 PM
WSI Personality

I know this is a thread about idiot Sox fans, but I just wanted to share this email I received a few minutes ago from a Cubs fan friend of mine who btw graduated from Harvard:

i knew this nonsense was coming so let me just set a few things straight...

yes, chip caray sucks but jon miller will be in the booth next year so that will be one less thing for johnson to rag about--speaking of which, for someone who hates the cubs as much as you do (more than you like the sox), why do you spend so much time watching the cubs?

but the best part is that cubs fans could care less about the white sox or white sox fans...they have an inferior product in an inferior ballpark in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city.

yes, wrigley is the biggest outdoor beer garden in the world, but 40,000 people show up every day and its not because its half-price night.

and yes, cubs fans are yuppies--if by yuppies you mean "those with jobs."

and once and for all, sammy sosa IS way past his prime and more a sideshow than anything, BUT, he is a first ballot hall of famer who is the 6th best position player on the cubs...is it really still fun to rag on him??

i will be at the cell tomorrow wearing my cubbie blue proudly...thank god i'm bringing hinsdale with me so he can translate my concession stand order into spanish, which I can only assume is now the official language of Ozzie's team and their fans from cicero.

--mason

Old 06-24-2004, 02:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj4400
...email I received a few minutes ago from a Cubs fan friend of mine who btw graduated from Harvard...
The person who wrote that went to Harvard? I guess even at a school like that, you can't teach a person not to be a ****ing moron.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy
The person who wrote that went to Harvard? I guess even at a school like that, you can't teach a person not to be a ****ing moron.
Boy...I only graduated from Columbia College, and I feel 100 times smarter than that moron. Here's a tip to the Ivy League boy...bring some band-aids with you when you get to the Cell...you're gonna need 'em.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:51 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj4400
I know this is a thread about idiot Sox fans, but I just wanted to share this email I received a few minutes ago from a Cubs fan friend of mine who btw graduated from Harvard:

i knew this nonsense was coming so let me just set a few things straight...

but the best part is that cubs fans could care less about the white sox or white sox fans...

--mason

Yo, Harvard boy... It's couldn't care less, you moron!!! And another Scrub fan genius who believes that attendance translates to intelligent fans.

SMO
Old 06-25-2004, 02:54 AM
WSI Personality

Harvard boy's comments reflect ignorance, not wit or intelligence. Writing that trash makes one want to kick his ass, but that would probably confirm his opinion of Sox fans. We'll just have to beat the Cubs on the field, especially the first game.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:57 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSox8404
What is wrong with heckling? It is one of the great things that a fan can do. Fans from all the way back when did it and it is a great tradition. So in your opinion, heckling Sammy is also stupid?
IMO, yes, heckling players is stupid. People have and will continue to heckle and I won't get in the way. I just find it disrespectful to professional ballplayers to insult them for their job. It's not like they go out of the way to heckle fans. Well, some do, and perhaps they deserve the boos and heckles.

Sammy Sosa presents a special case. He has disrespected the sport through steroids and the corked bat incident. Although for the former the only evidence I have is conjecture, as a Sox fan it is my duty to berate him.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:58 PM
WSI High Priest

Heckling and chanting is a very good thing, when it's done properly. (It's certainly a far better way to expend effort than bitching about Sox players / umps, throwing back HR balls, and doing the wave.) Stupid, uninformed, or vulgar chants (e.g., "you suck," "F you," etc.) are bad . . . but a clever chant, specific to a player's performance or history (e.g., last year's famous "Corky" chant) is a wonderful thing. If you're actually able to distract the opposing team's player, you've done a service for your team.

OTOH, heckling can backfire when employed against good, veteran players. When George Bell was with the Blue Jays, he received a lot of heckling from the LF stands and acknowledged it in a friendly manner. Then, he'd jack two roofshots.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Banned

During the womens college basketball tournament, Penn State vs. UConn

Me and several others ranting and booing and heckling Diana Taurasi.

She dropped like 42 points and blew me a kiss.