White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2004, 10:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default *OFFICIAL* Laugh-at-the-Cubs-for-tonight's-game Thread

Leading 9-5, 3 leadoff walks scored in the late innings, one on Kyle Farnsworth's first pitch, a wild one, with two outs. The batter then proceeded to pop up to right. Talk amongst yourselves.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:46 PM
WSI High Priest

I JUST HOPE THEY implode against us
Old 06-23-2004, 11:44 PM
WSI High Priest

As much as I might like to, it's difficult to celebrate a Cubbie loss after the Sox slide continues.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 06-23-2004, 11:47 PM
WSI High Priest

After the Montreal fiasco, I said to a co-worker that I could see the Sox losing 3 of 4 to the Indians considering how the Indians have been hitting and how poorly nearly every Sox pitcher is doing.

This is a very bad mojo going into the series with the Cubbies.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:48 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
As much as I might like to, it's difficult to celebrate a Cubbie loss after the Sox slide continues.

After the Montreal fiasco, I said to a co-worker that I could see the Sox losing 3 of 4 to the Indians considering how the Indians have been hitting and how poorly nearly every Sox pitcher is doing.

You gotta have something to keep you going! I agree it doesn't take the pain away completely, but it helps a bit, doesn't it?
Look on the bright side--we will go into the Cubs series due for a few huge, huge games. Hopefully we hit tomorrow because I have a feeling the Jndjans are going to score some tomorrow...probably more than they did tonight....
Old 06-24-2004, 03:29 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox029
You gotta have something to keep you going! I agree it doesn't take the pain away completely, but it helps a bit, doesn't it?
Look on the bright side--we will go into the Cubs series due for a few huge, huge games. Hopefully we hit tomorrow because I have a feeling the Jndjans are going to score some tomorrow...probably more than they did tonight....
We do always play the Cubs well, but this years team is arguably the best they've had in a long, long time [their bullpen sucks, but you gotta admit they have a very good rotation and a very solid lineup]. Sure, they lost tonight, and I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon or praise them as NL Central Division winners; but they are very dangerous. We should beat the teams we are supposed to beat- Montreal and Cleveland are two great examples of this. Then again, don't we always beat the teams we're "supposed" to lose to and lose to the teams we are supposed to beat? So yeah, I guess we'll beat the Cubs.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Brrrrooooowwwwffffffff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad

That explains everything! You JINXED us!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:41 AM
WSI Church Elder

I don't see how Cleveland is a team we are "supposed" to beat. Aren't they one of the hottest teams in the MLB right now? They are pretty close in the race for the Central arent they? Maybe they actually are a good team, and for that case, i'll take 2/4.