White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2004, 08:46 AM
WSI Regular

Default Garcia to Dodgers?

Just read this at rotoworld.com:

Quote:
Some baseball executives say the Dodgers and Mariners could be close to a deal that would send Freddy Garcia to Los Angeles.
Mariners GM Bill Bavasi is the former director of the Dodgers' farm system, and former Dodger GM Dan Evans is scouting for the Mariners, so they have a good idea of what prospects they could get for Garcia, who would be worth a huge free agent bid in NL-only leagues if he joins the Dodger rotation. Jun. 22 - 8:53
I know rumors are just that and take it for what it is; but we might need to start looking elsewhere for potential trades...or KW may get caught up in a bidding war.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:52 AM
WSI Regular

And this just in from Gammons:

Quote:
While the Dodgers and Yankees are both going hard after Freddy Garcia, one GM on Monday said, "the reading we're getting is that the Mariners are not giving up on this season because of their fans. So (Seattle's trading of) Garcia may be a ways off." The Yanks apparently also have interest in Jamie Moyer, who according to someone who knows, would waive his 10/5 rights "in a heartbeat" if he were to land in New York or Boston.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo-Sox-er
Just read this at rotoworld.com:

I know rumors are just that and take it for what it is; but we might need to start looking elsewhere for potential trades...or KW may get caught up in a bidding war.
I love rotoworld.com as much as the next guy but they also said that the Sox had signed Ponson three weeks before he signed with the Orioles.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:14 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmusacch
I love rotoworld.com as much as the next guy but they also said that the Sox had signed Ponson three weeks before he signed with the Orioles.
I wouldn't doubt that Sox had a deal with Ponson worked out if Frank didn't exercise his option. Remember at the time Frank did exercise his option, Kenny was mad and said Frank prevented the Sox from making a FA pickup.
"You'll get one good pitch to hit. One good pitch. That's all. Don't count on more. So you better know the strike zone. And when you get that one good pitch you better hit it and hit it hard. Remember, just one good pitch"

-Ted Williams as told in The Teamates.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

But I think we're all very happy Frank came back.