White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2004, 06:23 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Murph free since 6-8-04

On June 7th I posted a thread about the Score's host Mike Murphy and his "baseball expert" Mickey Morandini .

I haven't listened to his show since and don't miss it a bit.

I'm just about finished with sports talk radio. Sunday morning I still try to catch Rooney on Talking Baseball and Wills with White Sox week in review.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:24 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose
On June 7th I posted a thread about the Score's host Mike Murphy and his "baseball expert" Mickey Morandini .

I'm just about finished with sports talk radio. Sunday morning I still try to catch Rooney on Talking Baseball and Wills with White Sox week in review.
Mike Murphy made me a Howard Stern fan 10 years ago.I refuse to listen to his sCrUB pap.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:56 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:

I gave up listening to most Sports Talk last week and have not been back except for some snippets of B&B. Dont miss it a bit. Now that the Cubs are rolling and the Sox are stumbling, I can only imagine the glee on the airwaves as the Sox are ridiculed/ignored and the Cubs hyped incessantly...
Old 06-22-2004, 10:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

ive been murph and score free for about 4 years now. and im happy i dont listen to the score any more. im all espn1000 except for rome when i turn off the radio and at 12 i listen to the first hour of dan patrick on the internet till 1 when i turn espn1000 back on. i know sometimes mjh is not listenable sometimes but there still better than the snore 670.and silvy and carmen always talk about the sox and less cubs when there on.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj4400
I gave up listening to most Sports Talk last week and have not been back except for some snippets of B&B. Dont miss it a bit. Now that the Cubs are rolling and the Sox are stumbling, I can only imagine the glee on the airwaves as the Sox are ridiculed/ignored and the Cubs hyped incessantly...
I went the weekend without the Score and now Monday and Tuesday. As far as I'm concerned I'm finished with the whole sports talk/ entertainment concept.

I will not tune back in when the Bears start their pre-season either.....I'm done.

Rooney and Wills are all I need for my White Sox fix.

The WSI message board will keep me informed of whats going on in the world of sports.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:22 AM
WSI High Priest

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogs35
ive been murph and score free for about 4 years now. and im happy i dont listen to the score any more. im all espn1000 except for rome when i turn off the radio and at 12 i listen to the first hour of dan patrick on the internet till 1 when i turn espn1000 back on. i know sometimes mjh is not listenable sometimes but there still better than the snore 670.and silvy and carmen always talk about the sox and less cubs when there on.
Avoid 'MVP from 9-11.That's when Sox hater Moronotti spouts his lies and mistruths.Like they say,"If a tree falls in an empty forest,does anyone hear it"??
Old 06-23-2004, 07:52 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
On June 7th I posted a thread about the Score's host Mike Murphy and his "baseball expert" Mickey Morandini.
I saw that post, and ever since, whenever they talk about 'Moron-dini' they've been calling him 'Cubs baseball expert'....
Old 06-23-2004, 09:17 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXSINCE'70
Avoid 'MVP from 9-11.That's when Sox hater Moronotti spouts his lies and mistruths.Like they say,"If a tree falls in an empty forest,does anyone hear it"??
i listen to him for some odd reason which i dont know why, but when the new gm of espn1000 came aboard they told moronotti to shape up his act.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:40 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogs35
i listen to him for some odd reason which i dont know why, but when the new gm of espn1000 came aboard they told moronotti to shape up his act.
That is b/c his ratings blow...
Old 06-23-2004, 10:13 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Its' funny how Murph can get us so upset when he really only talks for like 45 seconds. The other 3 hours, 59 minutes, and 15 seconds of his "show" are usually commercials. Try it one day; just arbitrarily turn on the score at ANY time of the day; 90% chance you'll be greeted by a commercial. It sucks even trying to call in unless you have a free hour or 2 to be on hold.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:26 PM
WSI High Priest

[QUOTE=hose]On June 7th I posted a thread about the Score's host Mike Murphy and his "baseball expert" Mickey Morandini .
QUOTE]

I think the SCORE (at least they should be) was EXTREMELY EMBARRASSED
at that remark he made, that he didnt know what was going on with the White SOX or the AL, what a JACKASS. He is the equivalent of a Bleacher/Frat BoyBum that got to wear a Cub uniform for a year. How can a player be that much of a dumbass? I know plenty about the damn cubs, simply because I live in this cubcentric town.

Ive noticed that they now they dont call him "baseball" expert,
but "cubs expert". MURPH pee'd his pants at the chance to get ANYONE that
was a former cub to talk with him daily (even if said cub was only with team for a minimal amt of time)

We should start a Campaign to PUT ME ON THE AIR WITH HIM, even if it was just for a WEEK. Do you know how FAST id call him out for BAITING or STEERING conversations? That guy Murph WOULDNT stand a chance with me on the air with him, id Expose him. Instead of replaying soundbites ALL MORNING long of just cub games, we'd do it for SOX GAMES TOO. Every 1/2 hour divided EQUALLY to both teams, not the 90/10 split were getting now.
I think its shameful that THE WHITESOX GET ON AVERAGE ONLY 20 to 30 MINUTES of a 5 hour show dedicated to them. How noone else is outraged
and MURPH gets away with it I dont know. Note how that STOOGE
Fred Huebner NEVER tries to steer the conversations BACK to the SOX?
That JackAss doesnt even know where the FANDECK is NOR DOES HE REMEMBER if MJ ever played in an exhibition game for the SOX!
Nice "SoxFan" Fred allegedly is ............. They aint foolin' nobody
" The 2006 White Sox..... simply didn't have the hunger of the Twins or Tigers" - SunTimes columnist and SOX fan Richard Roeper
Old 06-23-2004, 07:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko
Its' funny how Murph can get us so upset when he really only talks for like 45 seconds. The other 3 hours, 59 minutes, and 15 seconds of his "show" are usually commercials. Try it one day; just arbitrarily turn on the score at ANY time of the day; 90% chance you'll be greeted by a commercial. It sucks even trying to call in unless you have a free hour or 2 to be on hold.
Unless you tell the producers off the air, that Your a Huge CubFan and you
have a Comment about last nites game. Your wait is minimally, 5 minutes
and Your On Instantly. Guaranteed.