White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: C.C. Sabathia: Stylin' Dude or Rodeo Clown?
Sabathia should be ordered to respect his uniform and wear his cap straight. 38 70.37%
Sabathia looks great -- a true original. 1 1.85%
If the Indians are OK with it, then who cares? 8 14.81%
Fisk, you need a stiff drink. 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2004, 11:39 AM
WSI High Priest

Default C.C. Sabathia: Stylin' Dude or Rodeo Clown?

Call me a traditionalist, but I hate the way C.C. Sabathia wears his uniform. It's not so much the baggy pants, which several players have taken to. It's the idiotic 3/4 rotation of his cap. Sure it's "cool", but what about respecting your uniform? Am I right to be annoyed by this or should I just go and get a drink and think about nice places I'd like to visit someday?
Old 06-21-2004, 11:41 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk
Call me a traditionalist, but I hate the way C.C. Sabathia wears his uniform. It's not so much the baggy pants, which several players have taken to. It's the idiotic 3/4 rotation of his cap. Sure it's "cool", but what about respecting your uniform? Am I right to be annoyed by this or should I just go and get a drink and think about nice places I'd like to visit someday?
It will annoy you even more when he shuts u sout tonight and we are in thrid place by the end of the weekend

Sig professionally designed by WSI's own Michelle
Old 06-21-2004, 10:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

I agree. He's a good pitcher, but you must have read my mind, because I was thinking the exact same thing. He looked like an idiot with the cap pulled WAY low, and turned sort of sideways. What's with the Tribe ? I noticed Matt Lawton and Coco Crisp had the same thing going. Is it some sort of "We're all Together" thing ? And what was the "NB" he had written on the front of the hat ? At first, I thought it was "MB", and he was paying homage to that selfish loudmouth Milton Bradley, who they launched earlier this year.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:29 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXPHILE
I agree. He's a good pitcher, but you must have read my mind, because I was thinking the exact same thing. He looked like an idiot with the cap pulled WAY low, and turned sort of sideways. What's with the Tribe ? I noticed Matt Lawton and Coco Crisp had the same thing going. Is it some sort of "We're all Together" thing ? And what was the "NB" he had written on the front of the hat ? At first, I thought it was "MB", and he was paying homage to that selfish loudmouth Milton Bradley, who they launched earlier this year.
The ESPN guys explained that the NB on Sabathia's cap was in tribute to his cousin who passed away last week.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:59 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk
The 3/4 tilt on the cap on Crisp is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen in centerfield. Only Rowand's defense surpasses it.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

If it were my franchise, I wouldn't let my players disrespect the uniform like that. I seem to remember from a couple years ago when they signed Giambi, that Steinbrenner wouldn't even let his players wear their hair long or have facial hair.

IMO, one should be honored to wear the uniform (even a Cleveland one ) and show respect to the players who wore it before, not make it into some personal statement. I won't even get in to Belliard (pretty sure it was him) last night wearing a Colorado Rockies do-rag under his Indians cap. What a joke these guys are.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

Too fat to be Bozo

The gang stuff doesnt belong on any field
Old 06-24-2004, 03:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Fool, as well as anyone else who wears their uni/hat like that.

It must not bother the Indians cause I am sure that they can easily make some rules. For example, I believe the Phillies have a "no facial hair" rul while the Sox seem to have a "you must have facial hair" rule (except Frank, of course...)
Old 06-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned

in my 59 years i've seen a lot of 'idiotic' attires. most of them became the norm against my personal wishes.
but still .... i think he just looks like a slob!