White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2004, 03:14 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile
Up until he sat their gloating, I agree.

The ball is coming. You go for it. You get it, you end up flat on your ass, it wasn't intentional, he lost his balance. Then the lady starts smacking him and yelling at him. Now before he can ge his bearings, he is angry. We all would be. I don't think he set out to hurt anybody and the kid may have been startled, but he wasn't hurt. Mommy making a huge scene probably freaked him out just as much.

Sure, he should have given the ball to the kid, but after the beats on him and yells at him and publicly humiliates him, I can understand why he is thinking, "screw you. I ain't giving this bitches kid the ball." It wasn't about the kid, it was about the Mom from his perspective.

Having said all of that, I do think he should have been more aware of where he was and what was going on. Big people need to take extra precautions when jumping around by little kids...
Voodoo, I am in almost complete agreement.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Damn, I hoped this thread was started by somebody who liked Jamaican cusine
Old 06-18-2004, 05:12 PM
WSI Personality

It amazes me how stupid people get over baseballs at ball games. Its just a ball. If you want one that bad go to the store and buy one! You can get the same ones.

Also, to the people who throw back other teams home run balls...if you don't want the ball give it to a kid!!! I have given several baseballs to kids and they love it! If I don't want it then I will give it away.

Besides, that's something that the OTHER team does not us! Stop please!