White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2004, 11:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Default College World Series

The College World Series, bigger than ever, gets underway this weekend in Omaha, Nebraska. The participants are the Arizona Wildcats, Georgia Bulldogs, Texas Longhorns, Aaron Rowand's Cal State Fullerton Titans, South Carolina Gamecocks, and Miami Hurricanes. The double-elimination tournament gets underway on Friday.

I am for Arizona, but I think the best-of-three CWS Championship Series will be Texas vs. Miami.

http://ncaasports.com/baseball/mens
Old 06-16-2004, 01:50 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Magglio
The College World Series, bigger than ever, gets underway this weekend in Omaha, Nebraska. The participants are the Arizona Wildcats, Georgia Bulldogs, Texas Longhorns, Aaron Rowand's Cal State Fullerton Titans, South Carolina Gamecocks, and Miami Hurricanes. The double-elimination tournament gets underway on Friday.

I am for Arizona, but I think the best-of-three CWS Championship Series will be Texas vs. Miami.

http://ncaasports.com/baseball/mens
Sadly, all my teams have been knocked out (I usually root for FSU, LBSU, or any team north of the Mason-Dixon line). I'll probably be rooting for either South Carolina or CSFU.

FWIW, you seem to have left out LSU and Arkansas. I do agree that Texas and Miami will most likely meet in the championship series; Georgia and Arkansas are big underdogs. I saw Arizona play in the South Bend regional and they didn't impress me much, but that was just one game and they did beat a tough LBSU team to get to the CWS. All in all, it should be interesting in Omaha.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Go Cocks!!!

Robert M. Knight
Old 06-17-2004, 01:05 PM
WSI High Priest

I'm pulling for Miami and No. 2 pitcher Cesar Carillo, a freshman from Mt. Carmel.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:33 PM
WSI Personality

GO CANES! I grew up in South Florida and been a Canes' fan all my life!