White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-12-2004, 12:16 PM
soxwon soxwon is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago NW SIDE
Posts: 5,046
Default minn-brewers next sunday

is anyone going to milwaukee next sunday?
i have great seats by the field(bought em in march)
it be nice to see some sox fans there to cheer on the Brewskies!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-12-2004, 12:39 PM
HomeFish HomeFish is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 5,921
Default

I'm thinking of going there today to cheer for the Astros. How easy is it to find the place off the highway?
__________________
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-12-2004, 12:50 PM
soxwon soxwon is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago NW SIDE
Posts: 5,046
Default

very simple- if your coming in off 94
it will split going west stay on 94 west
you can see the park from 94 as your coming into town
just stay on it , its very easy to get too
as your going west get in the left lanes you will get off at BREWERS WAY, get there early, tailgate in the lot.
you rootin for houston?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-12-2004, 01:07 PM
HomeFish HomeFish is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 5,921
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by soxwon
very simple- if your coming in off 94
it will split going west stay on 94 west
you can see the park from 94 as your coming into town
just stay on it , its very easy to get too
as your going west get in the left lanes you will get off at BREWERS WAY, get there early, tailgate in the lot.
you rootin for houston?
Alright, thanks.

Yeah, even though the Brewers and the Cubs are tied for second-to-last place and I wouldn't mind at all if that tie broke in favor of the Brew Crew, the Cubs, realistically, are going to start winning games eventually. The Astros are going to need this win more come September.

I'm wearing my Expos shirt, though, so if the Brewers get 15 runs in the first inning I can save some face and look like a neutral observer.

Oh, and you think our starting rotation is bad? The Brewers have "Pitcher TBA" against Roy Oswalt.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-12-2004, 01:56 PM
CHISOXFAN13 CHISOXFAN13 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Oak Lawn
Posts: 5,299
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HomeFish
I'm thinking of going there today to cheer for the Astros. How easy is it to find the place off the highway?
WHy the hell would you drive to Milwaukee to see the Astros/Brewers when you can go to the Cell and see the Sox.

Strange.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-12-2004, 03:38 PM
cubhater cubhater is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bridgeport
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
WHy the hell would you drive to Milwaukee to see the Astros/Brewers when you can go to the Cell and see the Sox.

Strange.
I've been to Brewer games when the Sox are at home. It doesn't make me any less of a Sox fan.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2004, 12:49 AM
HomeFish HomeFish is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 5,921
Default

Just got back from the Brewers game. It was pretty fun. Great park. I caught my first major league foul ball too, thanks to Jeff Kent.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2004, 12:51 AM
HomeFish HomeFish is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 5,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHISOXFAN13
WHy the hell would you drive to Milwaukee to see the Astros/Brewers when you can go to the Cell and see the Sox.
I don't like paying for tickets when I have free tickets available due to a rain delay. Unfortunately, my rain delay tickets are for a weekday game, so they are useless today.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2004, 09:03 PM
C-Dawg C-Dawg is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glen Ellyn, IL
Posts: 2,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxwon
is anyone going to milwaukee next sunday?
i have great seats by the field(bought em in march)
it be nice to see some sox fans there to cheer on the Brewskies!!!
I most likely will be there next Sunday too, and if all goes well the guys I met today in the Fan Deck at the Cell will be there too. It'll be good to root against the Twinks again!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-14-2004, 07:10 AM
thepaulbowski thepaulbowski is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: McKinley Park
Posts: 2,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHISOXFAN13
WHy the hell would you drive to Milwaukee to see the Astros/Brewers when you can go to the Cell and see the Sox.

Strange.
Because one's passion for baseball takes them to parks they don't get to see very often. I've gone to a Brewers game when they Sox have been at home a couple of times. I like going to Miller Park, I think it is a great place to see a game and sometimes I may choose to go there instead of a Sox game.
__________________
Everybody has the will to win, but few people have the will to prepare to win.

Robert M. Knight
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-14-2004, 09:48 AM
CHISOXFAN13 CHISOXFAN13 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Oak Lawn
Posts: 5,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaulbowski
Because one's passion for baseball takes them to parks they don't get to see very often. I've gone to a Brewers game when they Sox have been at home a couple of times. I like going to Miller Park, I think it is a great place to see a game and sometimes I may choose to go there instead of a Sox game.
I've been to more than 20 parks acrosss the land so I understand the passion for baseball. Still hard for me to go elsewhere unless I have to be when the Sox are in town.

I will be heading up to Milwaukee as part of a twin-bill in late July. The Sox play the Twinkies at 1:05 before the Brew Crew and Cubs battle at 7:05.

That will most definitely be an interesting day.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-14-2004, 10:16 AM
TheBull19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHISOXFAN13

I will be heading up to Milwaukee as part of a twin-bill in late July. The Sox play the Twinkies at 1:05 before the Brew Crew and Cubs battle at 7:05.

That will most definitely be an interesting day.
Especially since the drive between Milwaukee and Minneapolis is about 350 miles. I suppose you could do it if kept up a good 120 mph pace over the course of the route.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-14-2004, 11:46 AM
CHISOXFAN13 CHISOXFAN13 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Oak Lawn
Posts: 5,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBull19
Especially since the drive between Milwaukee and Minneapolis is about 350 miles. I suppose you could do it if kept up a good 120 mph pace over the course of the route.
Ummm, last time I checked, the distance from Chicago (where the Sox game is at) is 90 miles.

Nice try, though.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-14-2004, 05:33 PM
soxwon soxwon is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago NW SIDE
Posts: 5,046
Default meet at tgif?

anyone want to meet up at the TGIF in the park?
we could meet by the bar 45min before game time.
wear your sox stuff!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-16-2004, 07:22 PM
C-Dawg C-Dawg is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glen Ellyn, IL
Posts: 2,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxwon
anyone want to meet up at the TGIF in the park?
we could meet by the bar 45min before game time.
wear your sox stuff!!!
Next Sunday at Miller Park? That would be great - I should be there almost guaranteed. I'm breaking in a new vehicle and if all seems well I'll cruise it up to Milwaukee.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.