White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2004, 10:55 PM
WSI Personality

Reputable brokers for Sox tickets online?

I apologize if this isn't the place to post, but I'm a displaced Sox fan in Lexington, KY and wanted to get a couple of really good tickets for my dad's 60th birthday in the late June home stand against Cleveland. Was wondering if there were any reputable ticket brokers out on the web that anyone had used? I imagine if Koch keeps closing games, it might be a lot easier to find tickets.

Thanks - PC
Old 06-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

If cost isn't an option, there are many reputable ticket broker agencys. I used to use Front Row Tickets. I don't know their website.

Have you checked the Sox official site and found out the best available? I imagine you can still get some pretty decent seats.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 06-07-2004, 11:05 PM
WSI Regular

Default reputable brokers

Your best bet is ebay. I have bought tickets many times for out of town games. Sign up your credit card with pay pal and only buy from people that use paypal. Check sellers feedback and make sure that they have more than 25-50 transactions without any negative feedback and you should be okay. To find Sox tickets just put in the search box: White Sox and the date you are looking for and you will find great seats at pretty good prices and so-so seats at reasonable prices. If you have questions, feel free to send the seller a question. I have had 99% good luck with all of my transactions. Personally, I don't trust brokers, they are way overpriced. Good Luck.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:05 AM
WSI High Priest

I go to stubhub.com when I want tickets. It is usually peole that have season tickets, but aren't using them that day. The really good seats are more than face value, but not as much as a broker.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:57 PM
WSI Prelate

Actually you probably could have posted this here or at the clubhouse as it does pertain to the white sox.

I actually use such services often, as I don't get to see many games at the cell being on the west coast. I usually check a couple of different online ticket agencies and go for the best match for what I am looking for.

You can do a search under "baseball tickets" on google and find several online agengies. I have used several of the online tix agnecies and haven't found any of them to be disreputable.

You may also note they may cross list the same seats on multiple services They all list the actual seats these days. The stubhub site previously mentioned tends to have a slightly different inventory, so good to check it plus a couple of the others.

Also, if you aren't happy with the seat selection well ahead of time, you might think about rechecking at another time. Often times, other season tix holders add more choice seats later when their plans change etc.

Here's another site: showmetickets
Old 06-08-2004, 06:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

They appear to have plenty avaliable via the Sox themselves.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:44 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
They appear to have plenty avaliable via the Sox themselves.

Not for premium lower boxes. These are listed as not available for single game sales, hence the question from pczarapa to start the thread. You'd have to get such seats from a broker
Old 06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Not for premium lower boxes. These are listed as not available for single game sales, hence the question from pczarapa to start the thread. You'd have to get such seats from a broker

Yep, exactly. I tried to get good lower box seats via ticketmaster but they didn't have any box seats.

Thanks everyone!!
Old 06-09-2004, 12:32 AM
WSI Prelate

Go to www.stubhub.com

They have all the best tickets listed there. Prices are fairly reasonable and the site is 100% secure. I have used it to sell Cubs tickets (a friend of mine is a season ticket holder) and concert tickets before. It works very well.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by ode to veeck

I don't get them from a broker. They are in my season ticket package
Old 06-09-2004, 12:38 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally posted by steff
I don't get them from a broker. They are in my season ticket package
Just a few more years and hopefully I'll be in the same boat as you, steff! But for now, it's stub hub. Of course if you can't use your tix on any given night you can always pm me...
Old 06-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Banned

Do you guys know that the Sox release last second premium tix day of game? And good seats open up when they dump unsold st packages. I had Sec 114, Row bb for one of the teachers nights because i told the box office guy to keep looking for closest to the field. AND i paid 28 bucks for 4 seats.
It's all about how well you know the system. It dosent hurt when I can call my rep and ask when tix are being opened up.

Oh, and btw, the cubs do this too. I bought 9th row field box for cubs/sox at wrigley in 2002 at the box office for 36 bucks.

Gene

p.s. Steff, are you a full or partial plan holder? Partial weekender here.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Banned

Default Re: Reputable brokers for Sox tickets online?

Quote:
Originally posted by pczarapa
I apologize if this isn't the place to post, but I'm a displaced Sox fan in Lexington, KY and wanted to get a couple of really good tickets for my dad's 60th birthday in the late June home stand against Cleveland. Was wondering if there were any reputable ticket brokers out on the web that anyone had used? I imagine if Koch keeps closing games, it might be a lot easier to find tickets.

Thanks - PC
You could get club seats for the monday half off night. Treat your old man to good sightlines and upscale service. And only 20 bucks a ticket.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
WSI Personality

Default Re: Re: Reputable brokers for Sox tickets online?

Quote:
Originally posted by ewokpelts
You could get club seats for the monday half off night. Treat your old man to good sightlines and upscale service. And only 20 bucks a ticket.

Thanks, do I have to get club seats through a broker or through the ticket office?
Old 06-10-2004, 11:59 AM
WSI High Priest

Default Re: Re: Re: Reputable brokers for Sox tickets online?

Quote:
Originally posted by pczarapa
Thanks, do I have to get club seats through a broker or through the ticket office?
You can get them through the ticket office, but you can only get them at $20 on the day before a Tuesday game with a Pepsi UPC code via the internet or the day of game on a Tuesday in person at the box office. On the rare occasion that there's a monday game, you can get the tickets for half off on the internet at any time I believe (or at the White Sox ticket office)

You can get them for their normal $40 price any time you want from the White Sox ticket office or online.
First Pennant in 46 years CHECK
First World Series in 88 years CHECK