White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2004, 07:11 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Baker needs a bottle

It seems like every other day Dusty Baker is in the Cubtimes and the Cubune pissing and moaning about something or another. The last few days he has been crying for Patterson. Are these sympathy pains or what? It is one thing to say the fans are hard on a player, but a totally different thing when you start saying that it is not his fault for sucking. Giving lame excuses like the cubs brought him up to soon and saying it would be ok to boo him if he was the same player A FEW YEARS FROM NOW! is rediculous. I will be bringing a rubber ducky for prior and a pacifier for baker if and when i go to the sox cub game. someone needs to start an official baker watch thread for all the dumb stuff this guy says. one thing is for sure, he is diverting the attention from his team's losses pretty well.

"I've thought about opening a bottle of champagne and pouring it on my teammates' heads. I don't care about my stats, just as long as we win. That gets us closer to my goal." C. Politte
Old 06-05-2004, 09:50 AM
WSI Regular

Baker is just like a typical Cub fan...always crying about some great injustice that has been bestowed upon the beloved cubbies. My favorite is when he complains about other teams celebrating wins or home runs too much (when Alex Cora hit a home run after something like 14 straight foul balls, he had the audacity to flip the bat.) This from the manager of a team with 2 of the biggest hot dogs in the game (Sosa and Zambrano.) Apparently, only his team gets to celebrate.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by hellenicsoxfan
Baker is just like a typical Cub fan...always crying about some great injustice that has been bestowed upon the beloved cubbies. My favorite is when he complains about other teams celebrating wins or home runs too much (when Alex Cora hit a home run after something like 14 straight foul balls, he had the audacity to flip the bat.) This from the manager of a team with 2 of the biggest hot dogs in the game (Sosa and Zambrano.) Apparently, only his team gets to celebrate.
I'll never forget Baker whining about Jose Valentin's game-winning home run last season. After the game, he made a comment about how the Sox were "acting like they won the World Series." This guy is the biggest whiner in baseball.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I'll never forget Baker whining about Jose Valentin's game-winning home run last season. After the game, he made a comment about how the Sox were "acting like they won the World Series." This guy is the biggest whiner in baseball.

and who could forget his take on the corked bat issue. 'i have never seen a corked bat in all my years in baseball' what a spaz
Old 06-05-2004, 05:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Everything all better-cubs won today LOL
Old 06-06-2004, 01:29 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by soxwon
Everything all better-cubs won today LOL

untill the next time they loose and baker decides to rant about the way the media is not giving the cubs enough positive press.
' the team needs to be reasurred they will not be judged for their actions on or off the field.'
Old 06-06-2004, 02:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Im about Tired of Flim-Flam Baker, saying one thing, doing another, complaining about one thing then flim-flamming on another. The guy since he got here (I dont know him from his SF days) has shown himself to be an embicile (hope i spelled that right) who has the World on his fingertips (Chicago wise anyway) I dont ever listen to ANYTHING he has to say....
" The 2006 White Sox..... simply didn't have the hunger of the Twins or Tigers" - SunTimes columnist and SOX fan Richard Roeper