Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2004, 03:21 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Default *Official* Post game thread 5-9-04

Jeez what a train wreck of a weekend.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

I'm glad we're done with the blue jays for the season. All of their pitchers looked like Cy Young.
WSI High Priest

The magic is over.

We got a month of Ozzieball and now the team is back to their 2003 ways, except for Esteban Loaiza, who is back to his 2002 way.

I congratulate the Twins on winning the AL Central. Three times in a row.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
WSI Church Elder

Old 05-09-2004, 03:24 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally posted by HomeFish
The magic is over.

We got a month of Ozzieball and now the team is back to their 2003 ways, except for Esteban Loaiza, who is back to his 2002 way.

Do us all a favor and don't post in September when we are in 1st place. Thanks.

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Old 05-09-2004, 03:26 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
The magic is over.

Go away. Please. We're still in first, Minny has to beat the As to get first... But, anyways, just go away...
Old 05-09-2004, 03:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

This is the same guy that called one of our early games in NY a "must-win". he hasn't gotten any smarter.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:33 PM
WSI High Priest

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SoxxoS
[B]Do us all a favor and don't post in September when we are in 1st place. Thanks.

i agree soxxos- i hate people who give up so quickly.
so we lost 3 we will be fine we are coming home- dont worry
Old 05-09-2004, 03:33 PM
WSI High Priest

My thoughts:

It looks like CLee is breaking out of it. He had much different swings at the plate.

Trade Konerko? My ass. Nobody wants him. We are stuck with him. And don't think he is going to get a hit the rest of May, b/c he has got a major mental block now. Hey Ozzie...how can you NOT pinch hit in the 9th for Konerko. You have a lefty on the bench that plays first...his name is Ross Gload. Use him. Even Hawk knew Konerko was going to strike out.

Crede-Once again. Cut your swing down for cripe sake. It takes about 3 seconds to finish. The best swing you had the whole season was going to opposite way on that check swing with 2 strikes.

Thomas looks OK, he should start hitting his stride. Good to see he got a hit with RISP. Should have been a grand slam.

Willie Harris has impressed the hell out of me. He is near .300 people. That is why I started a thread on hit b/c he was everyones whipping boy before the season started. Got to love how Ozzie pinch hits a guy that is 3-3, and doesn't pinch hit for Konerko. How you pinch hit a guy 3-3 I don't know. He should have pinch hit for Valentin, who is turning into the new "Choice."

Loaiza will be OK. It's an adjustment period. You can't leave a pitch with two strikes over THAT MUCH OF THE PLATE, to Orlando Hudson. No excuses. That was really, really, really bad.

Reed...Reed...Jeremy Reed. The "Aaron Rowand experience" has about had it. Even a monkey can figure out that pitchers are just throwing you stuff low and away...and you chase it EVERY time.

The offense should pick up this week, as Thomas, CLee and Maggs will be OK. My only concern is that we can't have an automatic out (and most of the time, 2 outs) with Konerko in the middle of the lineup. He is the ultimate rally killer. I know Ozzie likes to stick by his guys...but he might have to sit until we get to June. He is an obvious mental midget at the plate right now. He looks so foolish. Thomas or Gload can play 1st, and the other one can DH. It's not hard.

Finally...what was Loiaza out there for 8 innings for?
Old 05-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
The magic is over.

Earliest, most ridiculous and dumbest jump off the bandwagon I have ever witnessed.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

^^That's you

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 05-09-2004, 03:43 PM
WSI Personality

I agree with everything you said, SoxxoS. Rowand is a fourth outfielder - he isn't helping this team one bit right now. I don't care, I want to see Reed. At least he can read pitches and see that a slider is going to break out of the zone. Rowand has power but no batting eye.

What was Loaiza's final pitch count? Loaiza was mediocre but at least he gave us innings. Eight of them. And, you're not going to win many games by scoring two runs. Konerko sucked with RISP.

Lee, Thomas, and Harris were impressive today, and it's good to see Lee getting going. Harris needs to be in the lineup daily, same with Uribe. My suggestion is move Harris to center, Uribe at second, and Valentin at short. I'm sorry but Rowand just isn't a starter.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

Very depressing series but this is only our second series that we lost (I think?). Let's get the team back home were they belong and get this team going before we face the Twinkies and the dangerous Lew Ford and 40 game winner Carlos Silva.
I loved the game. I'd have played for free and worked for food. It was the game, the parks, the smells, the sounds. Have you ever held a bat or a baseball to your face? The varnish, the leather. And it was the crowd, the excitement of them rising as one when the ball was hit deep. It makes me tingle all over like a kid on his way to his first double-header, just to talk about it. - Shoeless Joe Jackson
Old 05-09-2004, 03:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
There are many things I could say about the various annoying posts in this thread so far, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut and just agree with OEO Magglio.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:47 PM
WSI High Priest

The question is...can we trade Valentin? Uribe and Harris have proved they should be in the lineup everyday. But so has Valentin. However, he is the one making 5 million and is the odd-man out. Does anyone want him, though? The only thing I can think of is trading him to Cincy for Danny Graves. Their salaries are about equal, and I believe they need a SS. We need a closer. It works both ways.

I don't understand how you can pinch hit for Harris, who was 3-3, and not Valentin (against a lefty) or Konerko. That has to be Ozzie's dumbest managerial move thusfar.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
I agree with everything you said, SoxxoS. Rowand is a fourth outfielder - he isn't helping this team one bit right now. I don't care, I want to see Reed. At least he can read pitches and see that a slider is going to break out of the zone. Rowand has power but no batting eye.

What was Loaiza's final pitch count? Loaiza was mediocre but at least he gave us innings. Eight of them. And, you're not going to win many games by scoring two runs. Konerko sucked with RISP.

Lee, Thomas, and Harris were impressive today, and it's good to see Lee getting going. Harris needs to be in the lineup daily, same with Uribe. My suggestion is move Harris to center, Uribe at second, and Valentin at short. I'm sorry but Rowand just isn't a starter.
I agree with your suggestion, that's what the sox need to do. Then move Jose down in the order so they have a lefty bat down in the lineup and split up carlos and pk. I would like to see valentin sandwiched between carlos and pk in the lineup and willie and uribe the first 2 hitters.