Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2004, 11:57 AM
WSI Regular

Default Centerfield camera angle

I know this might be petty, but has anyone noticed the camera angle from center field on the Blue Jay broadcast at the Cell (As seen on Yankees/Red Sox Baseball Tonight)? The angle is a little more to the left, making it more center and is also higher. I like this angle much better than the one we use. It is a hybrid of our angle and the experimental " over the pitcher" angle ESPN used a couple years back, which people didn't like.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Banned

Default Re: Centerfield camera angle

Quote:
Originally posted by dpbyron
I know this might be petty, but has anyone noticed the camera angle from center field on the Blue Jay broadcast at the Cell (As seen on Yankees/Red Sox Baseball Tonight)? The angle is a little more to the left, making it more center and is also higher. I like this angle much better than the one we use. It is a hybrid of our angle and the experimental " over the pitcher" angle ESPN used a couple years back, which people didn't like.
I didn't like the dead center ESPN angle. It was too high and it distorted the path of the ball to where you couldn't really get a gauge on the speed and trajectory. It's like sitting in the upper deck, it was too high of an angle.

One thing I'd like to see is to put the CF camera on the oppsite side for once. Why is it always on the left-center side? It makes left handers home runs look a lot cooler like that, but it cheats righties. I think they should use two cameras and switch the angle depending on the batter.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:05 PM
WSI Personality

petty
Old 04-30-2004, 08:05 PM
WSI Regular

Usually home team gets the priority of the best camera angle which is over centerfield. I don't really like the angled ones because it seems harder for me to determine whether a pitch is a strike or off the plate.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Re: Centerfield camera angle

Quote:
Originally posted by dpbyron
has anyone noticed the camera angle from center field on the Blue Jay broadcast at the Cell (As seen on Yankees/Red Sox Baseball Tonight)? The angle is a little more to the left, making it more center and is also higher. I like this angle much better than the one we use.
I've been seeing this more and more.The reason for the new angle is so the viewers at home get a nice unobstructed view of the digital billboards that are being used by fox & espn.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:18 AM
WSI Church Elder

I actually really used to like that dead center view that espn did a few years back on their sunday night games. It really made hitting look like the incredibly hard task that it is, because I thought it made the pitch velocity and movement look much more realistic than what the normal offset camera does. I wish they'd still do it.

maybe someday when tv technology goes nuts they'll let you pick what view you want to see on your tv. . . or maybe not