Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2004, 11:31 AM
WSI Personality

Default wow the score is really becoming the unofficial sox station

over the last few day theyve had on rowand,gload,scho,elo twice, not to mention 3 or 4 yanks. the wise guys have also had great sox pre with jesee rogers live from the cell giving the lineups. way more than 1000 has been doing the past week
Old 04-23-2004, 11:33 AM
WSI High Priest

Default Re: wow the score is really becoming the unofficial sox station

Quote:
Originally posted by habibharu
over the last few day theyve had on rowand,gload,scho,elo twice, not to mention 3 or 4 yanks. the wise guys have also had great sox pre with jesee rogers live from the cell giving the lineups. way more than 1000 has been doing the past week
Yep. I think JR will definitely be moving the Sox to The Score when his current sweet deal is over. The shift in the Score's attitude on the Sox was almost instantaneous. I even heard a Frank Thomas plug for one of the shows last night.

ESPN has accomplished their goal, but JR still likely won't walk away from the money ESPN owes the Sox.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:38 AM
WSI Church Elder

I think it's safe to conclude JR is considering the Score for the next radio broadcast deal.

ESPN really dropped the ball on this one. It would be different if that nameless idiot who writes for the SunTimes was a radio talent, but he sucks. What a waste.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:42 AM
WSI Personality

Imagine..Mike North replacing Ed Farmer....
Old 04-23-2004, 11:45 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by wdelaney72
I think it's safe to conclude JR is considering the Score for the next radio broadcast deal.

ESPN really dropped the ball on this one. It would be different if that nameless idiot who writes for the SunTimes was a radio talent, but he sucks. What a waste.
Like I was saying in another thread, this JR/JM war is really becoming an intriguing story. If ESPN loses the White Sox b/c of the Moron's show it would be a disaster for the station. Although Moronotti is in a strong position (three different media outlets to spread his message of White Sox hate) I would not bet against Reinsdorf in this battle. For all of JR's faults as an owner of a sports franchise, he is a shrewd businessman and not a self-made multi-millionaire for no reason...
Old 04-23-2004, 11:46 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by poorme
Dont even joke about that...
Old 04-23-2004, 11:48 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Here's the real question: if Sox move to Score after next season will Dave Wills still have a job? Everyone knows how vocal his hatred is towards the Cubs. Someone from the high offices of the Tribune wil probably prevent him from hosting post games shows.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:18 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by DMarte708
Here's the real question: if Sox move to Score after next season will Dave Wills still have a job? Everyone knows how vocal his hatred is towards the Cubs. Someone from the high offices of the Tribune wil probably prevent him from hosting post games shows.

What is the relationship betweem the Tribune and the Score?

Hey with the attitude of Wills, there's no way the Sox don't hire him for some kind of broadcast job.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:28 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by DMarte708

The Tribune has no affiliation with the Score. If the Cubs have super fanatic Mike Murphy always hyping the Cubs, they shouldn't have any problem with Wills doing the same for the Sox.

2005 World Series Champions.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Fridaythe13thJason

Quote:
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
The Tribune has no affiliation with the Score. If the Cubs have super fanatic Mike Murphy always hyping the Cubs, they shouldn't have any problem with Wills doing the same for the Sox.
Is Dave Wills a Sox employee? I think not. I think he is an ESPN1000 employee. I would be interested to see if he followed the Sox or not.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by UICJason
Is Dave Wills a Sox employee? I think not. I think he is an ESPN1000 employee. I would be interested to see if he followed the Sox or not.
I'm sure he'd prefer to go where the Sox go, but he may have a contract with ESPN that locks him in ...
Old 04-23-2004, 12:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Any one know what Bea and Lickrish would say about that?
Old 04-23-2004, 12:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Re: Re: wow the score is really becoming the unofficial sox station

Quote:
Originally posted by Randar68
Yep. I think JR will definitely be moving the Sox to The Score when his current sweet deal is over. The shift in the Score's attitude on the Sox was almost instantaneous.
Yep. The Score understood what Moron's hiring meant to the White Sox, and they recognized an opportunity to sneak in and grab that contract (perhaps below market value, if JR's pissed enough).

Let's not overlook the fact that the Bulls come with the Sox wherever they go. I know the Bulls of 2004 aren't the Bulls of 1998, but that name still carries a lot of cache -- easily the most prestigious team in sports to miss the playoffs five years in a row. I gotta think the Score is salivating over the Sox/Bulls contract, and they're gonna do whatever they can to get into Jerry's good graces in the coming months, which can only be a good thing for us.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:38 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Any one know what Bea and Lickrish would say about that?

RUUFF! RUUFF!
Old 04-23-2004, 12:40 PM
WSI Personality

Default Re: Re: Re: wow the score is really becoming the unofficial sox station

Quote:
Originally posted by MarqSox
Yep. The Score understood what Moron's hiring meant to the White Sox, and they recognized an opportunity to sneak in and grab that contract (perhaps below market value, if JR's pissed enough).

Let's not overlook the fact that the Bulls come with the Sox wherever they go. I know the Bulls of 2004 aren't the Bulls of 1998, but that name still carries a lot of cache -- easily the most prestigious team in sports to miss the playoffs five years in a row. I gotta think the Score is salivating over the Sox/Bulls contract, and they're gonna do whatever they can to get into Jerry's good graces in the coming months, which can only be a good thing for us.

Good point. I really hope they go to the Score. Even though I'm not that much a fan of the station anymore(horrible personalities, too many commercials), the watts that come out of that station would be a boon for the Sox.