Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2004, 01:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Rosenbloom garbage

This is getting better and better.

Quote:
THE COUNTDOWN: The Cubs will face the Expos, Marlins, Mets, Reds and Pirates in September before closing the season with three games against the Braves. Montreal will be dead from baseball's embarrassing handling of the franchise. Florida might be good, but probably not. Atlanta should have something going. But with 17 games down the stretch against the Reds, Mets and Pirates, the Cubs will have only themselves to blame for choking this chance.
Read the Cub fluff here...oh yeah, and a cheap shot at the Sox about Maggs going to the Yanks.

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Old 03-10-2004, 01:42 PM
WSI Personality

I think I brought this up when the schedules were first released and I was shocked. The Cards and Astros have to duke it out w/ each other and they don't even get a shot at the cubs down the stretch. I think they let Hendry make up the schedule.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:48 PM
WSI High Priest

For all the comments about the AL Central being the worst in baseball, IMHO the NL Central isn't much better. In fact I'd say that the NL Centrals three worst teams are worse than the Indians & Tigers.

Twins
Sox
Royals
Indians
Tigers

Cubbies
Houston
Cardinals
Reds
Pirates
Brewers

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 03-10-2004, 01:51 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
For all the comments about the AL Central being the worst in baseball, IMHO the NL Central isn't much better. In fact I'd say that the NL Centrals three worst teams are worse than the Indians & Tigers.

Twins
Sox
Royals
Indians
Tigers

Cubbies
Houston
Cardinals
Reds
Pirates
Brewers
The bottom three teams in the NL Central are Triple A-caliber teams.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:00 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

Twins
Sox
Royals
Indians
Tigers

Cubbies
Houston
Cardinals
Reds
Pirates
Brewers
Yeah, but the top 3 likely would all win the AL Central by 10 games.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:07 PM
WSI High Priest

The Reds need to find pitching from somewhere, but they can mash.

I am a big fan of Austin Kearns and Adam Dunn (who will rebound this year with 40-45 bombs). Griffey is due to have a full healthy season, so that is a solid 3-4-5 right there.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally posted by jabrch
Yeah, but the top 3 likely would all win the AL Central by 10 games.
That's the kind of stuff that's been said before, but is it really so? The Cardinals, I don't think their pitching is better, in fact it is probably worse than KC-TWINS-SOX. And I don't buy that Houston or the Cubbies would win by ten games since they only won what 87 & 88 games respectively last season.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally posted by sas1974
....... The Cards and Astros have to duke it out w/ each other and they don't even get a shot at the cubs down the stretch. I think they let Hendry make up the schedule.
This is something I am Very Suspicious of. I know that a Computer ISNT what makes the schedules. Its a husband and wife, in some unnamed, non-descript home somwhere in suburbia that makes the schedules up. What would it take for a Bud Selig to "request" that the Cubs get a Cupcake Schedule down the stretch......all in the name of "saving baseball"
" The 2006 White Sox..... simply didn't have the hunger of the Twins or Tigers" - SunTimes columnist and SOX fan Richard Roeper
Old 03-10-2004, 02:32 PM
WSI Personality

Rosenbloom is almost as bad as Mariotti. His only saving grace is that he still finds time to rip Sosa & Baker, whereas Mariotti will have no part of that.

2005 World Series Champions.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:43 PM
WSI High Priest

What Rosenbloom SHOULDVE been doing in that Article was Questioning Baseballs Policies regarding Fairness in Scheduling.
Im sure baseball thinks its giving itself a "shot in the arm" and telling everyone how "Great" it would be to have the Flubs in the Series, but at what Expense? Integrity is what suffers,
and last I checked, this sport has been losing it every year for quite some time now. When you see National Networks covering fans in Chicago area bars for games 1 thru 6, completely ignoring the Marlin Fanbase, til they got caught with their pants down, and had to scurry to acquire Some Type of
Footage regarding the Marlins for gm 7, you realize somethings Very Wrong with this sport and the Media covering it
Old 03-10-2004, 02:43 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

I hope Houston and ST. Louis realize that EVERY game they play against the Flubs is super important this year. Hopefully one of those teams can get out to a big lead before September and then the Flubs won't be able to catch them because of no more head-to-head meetings. It may be like our division was last year; the team that lost 9 times to the Tigers wound up 4 games behind the team that lost to them what, twice?
Old 03-10-2004, 02:55 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally posted by Hangar18
What Rosenbloom SHOULDVE been doing in that Article was Questioning Baseballs Policies regarding Fairness in Scheduling.
Im sure baseball thinks its giving itself a "shot in the arm" and telling everyone how "Great" it would be to have the Flubs in the Series, but at what Expense? Integrity is what suffers,
and last I checked, this sport has been losing it every year for quite some time now. When you see National Networks covering fans in Chicago area bars for games 1 thru 6, completely ignoring the Marlin Fanbase, til they got caught with their pants down, and had to scurry to acquire Some Type of
Footage regarding the Marlins for gm 7, you realize somethings Very Wrong with this sport and the Media covering it
Hangar, you may wear a tin foil hat but your advocacy is what is needed to keep the Cub-loving media honest.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:17 PM
WSI Regular

re:

Quote:
Originally posted by Hangar18
Quote:
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
Rosenbloom is almost as bad as Mariotti. His only saving grace is that he still finds time to rip Sosa & Baker, whereas Mariotti will have no part of that.
Rosenbloom did state he believes that September should be reserved for division-only matchups. I think that'd be great, 3 EE-BoSox series, Cubs choking to whoever...Sox-Minn-KC

I enjoy Rosenbloom, I think he bends everyone over equally (paying particularly good attention to poking Scammy) The Marrioti comparison should only be reserved for the most grevious of offenders.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

Twins
Sox
Royals
Indians
Tigers

Cubbies
Houston
Cardinals
Reds
Pirates
Brewers
Amen brother. I've been thinking that all along. The Tigers this year will be better than the Reds (maybe), Pirates, and Brew Crew. The Cardinals are pretty good, the Cubs are above average, and the Astros are awesome. Remember, the Cubbies won the division with 88 wins. The Sox had 86, and the Twins had 90 I believe. The Royals didn't finish with too shabby a record either. I think as a result of the small market teams in the Central, they get unfair treatment. (Even though it's ridiculous that the Sox, Tribe, and Tigers are considered small markets for the cities they play for.)
Old 03-10-2004, 07:12 PM
WSI High Priest

I wrote Steve this e-mail-

Steve:
I enjoy your columns, but having a "countdown" to the final 17 games of
the regular season for the Cubs is inexcusable.

With the way everyone at the Tribune is writing, the Cubs should be able
to skip the 162 games, and just head right into the playoffs. Remember,
this team everyone is so giddy over is the CUBS...not the YANKEES.
Everyone is all of a sudden forgetting about June Swoon and all that
other nonsense b/c this team was so close...LAST YEAR.

Easy on the Cub fluff,
Joe M. in Tempe

Here is his brilliant response-

OK. Fine. Let's go right to the Cubs-Yanks Series right now.

rosenbloom

When the Cubs do go down, it might be even BETTER than last year, because they are expected to win. That is going to be a great day. Every delusional Flub fan thinks they are going all the way.