White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2001, 10:50 AM
WSI Regular

Default "Not quite" trolling.....

I'd like to say that I think CC owns Buehrle......but I'd be incorrect on that one.

HELL of a game thrown by the two kids. Why do I get the feeling that we're seeing the start of a great rivalry between two pitchers???? Oh, because we ARE seeing it!!!!

But I don't think I'd be off base if I said that CC owned Canseco. 4 K's in 5 ABs against him......
Old 07-24-2001, 10:52 AM
WSI Personality

OCR:I can agree that CC plain owned Canseco, I think that's the 3rd straight game where he has had 3 strikeouts in a game.

A huge storm came through my area, so my cable got knocked out, and I couldn't see th game..=\
Old 07-24-2001, 10:54 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by CerberusWG
OCR:I can agree that CC plain owned Canseco, I think that's the 3rd straight game where he has had 3 strikeouts in a game.\
Really???

Well, if he's whiffing a lot lately, then it's not CC's ownership.
Old 07-24-2001, 10:55 AM
WSI High Priest

Outcast, I think you're right about a developing rivalry between C.C. and Burly. The thing that impresses me about both these guys is that neither of them has really had an extended bad steak. Something like what kip experienced last season before getting his feet under him.
Old 07-24-2001, 10:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

To me, the key pitch in the entire game was Canseco swinging at that head high fastball with the bases loaded. If he lays off it, it's 2-1 instead of 1-2, and maybe he gets something better to hit the next pitch. Of course, the next pitch was 6 inches inside and Barrett called it a strike so maybe it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Man was that guy brutal!
Old 07-24-2001, 11:00 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by delben91
Outcast, I think you're right about a developing rivalry between C.C. and Burly. The thing that impresses me about both these guys is that neither of them has really had an extended bad steak. Something like what kip experienced last season before getting his feet under him.
CC went through the start of the season on a VERY limited pitch count, and they never let him work through trouble. He was supposed to spend the year in the minors, but when nobody stepped up for the bullpen in spring training, we had to leave Steve Karsay in the pen and needed another starter.

But for June/July, the kid is 5-1 with a 3.32 ERA. Only 40 hits in 59.2 innings. They weaned him along in April/May, and he's showing that it worked.
Old 07-24-2001, 02:47 PM
WSI High Priest

You know, I wish the sox got a chance to face Chuck Finley, rumor has it he's been doing great!! LOL
Old 07-24-2001, 04:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by Chisox353014
To me, the key pitch in the entire game was Canseco swinging at that head high fastball with the bases loaded. If he lays off it, it's 2-1 instead of 1-2, and maybe he gets something better to hit the next pitch. Of course, the next pitch was 6 inches inside and Barrett called it a strike so maybe it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Man was that guy brutal!
Couldn't have put it better.