Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2003, 05:01 PM
WSI Personality

Default Carlton Fisk

Is this guy more of a White Sox legend or a Red Sox legend? I have plenty of Red Sox friends who love that guy to death...my question is to which team does he belong in the Hall of Fame under?
Old 11-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Banned

He's wearing a Bosox cap, He and JR had a falling out
Old 11-19-2003, 05:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

Let me ask a related question -- what images come to mind when you think of Fisk in each uniform?

For the Sox, I think of two images. One is the time he tagged out two runners at home plate on the same play. The other -- probably more memorable -- was when he chewed out Deon Sanders (???? correct me as to whom) for not running to first.

For the Red Sox, there is always the home run that won the 6th game of the World Series.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:31 PM
WSI High Priest

The sanders incident was because he drew a dollar sign in the Batters box with a bat as part of his entrance into the Batters Box, I loved that! How does Deon Sanders think he deserves to disrespect the game like that? Fisk chewed him out after that... I do however remember Fisk yelling at someone for not running to first... I can't remember who it was though?
Old 11-19-2003, 05:42 PM
WSI Personality

he belogns in a bosox uni in the hall, only because that game winning HR came with the red sox. that moment in itself gave him immortality and that is what he will be remembered for 20 or 30 years from now. simply being the anchor of the whitesox for years isnt enough. cubs fans: note ryne sandberg, ron santo. mark grace will get it because of arizona.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekijawa
The sanders incident was because he drew a dollar sign in the Batters box with a bat as part of his entrance into the Batters Box, I loved that! How does Deon Sanders think he deserves to disrespect the game like that? Fisk chewed him out after that... I do however remember Fisk yelling at someone for not running to first... I can't remember who it was though?
It was Sanders he chewed out for not running out a grounder. I never heard of the dollar sign one. It may have been the same incident.

I remember manby memories with Pudge as a Sox. I'll never forget watching him pounce on a bunted ball on the last day at old Comiskey and watching him throw a shot to Ozzie to get the force at second. (They nearly turned a double play) and that same game flying out in his last at bat in the old yard and tipping his cap for a curtain call. Afterwards visibly upset he wanted to slam his helmet into the bleacher in the dugout. I think he desperatly wanted to hit one out in his last at bat.

Sox or Red Sox in the hall? That is a tough one. I realize he had a falling out with Jerry however he felt slighted by Red Sox owners as well. But when it's all said and done he played in the series as a Red Sox so I guess there is no disputing his decision.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:18 AM
WSI High Priest

He belongs under both.
"You'll get one good pitch to hit. One good pitch. That's all. Don't count on more. So you better know the strike zone. And when you get that one good pitch you better hit it and hit it hard. Remember, just one good pitch"

-Ted Williams as told in The Teamates.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:21 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I thought he yelled at Jeter about something like that too (I read the other post about it being Deion Sanders)...
Old 11-20-2003, 09:40 AM
WSI High Priest

He was with the White Sox LONGER, so he shouldve been made to wear a SOX cap in the Hall Of Fame. Selig shouldve Stepped in and helped the SOX out on that one, but he was too busy Laundering Millions and Funnelling it to his Brewers, and playing on EBay looking for Milwaukee Braves merchandise
" The 2006 White Sox..... simply didn't have the hunger of the Twins or Tigers" - SunTimes columnist and SOX fan Richard Roeper
Old 11-20-2003, 09:47 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by Hangar18
He was with the White Sox LONGER, so he shouldve been made to wear a SOX cap in the Hall Of Fame. Selig shouldve Stepped in and helped the SOX out on that one, but he was too busy Laundering Millions and Funnelling it to his Brewers, and playing on EBay looking for Milwaukee Braves merchandise
Wasn't the rule about whatever team the player has to wear the hat of the team he spent the most time with created because of the Fisk Red Sox/White Sox situation (I am sure there were others as well, but didn't this one spur the rule)?
Old 11-20-2003, 09:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Hope I don't tick off anybody around here, but...I'm a Fisk fan and, of course, a Pale Hose fan. But I'll always think of Fisk as a great Red Sox player who also played for the White Sox. We were just lucky in this case to be able to watch a great player come over to our favorite team while he still had good years left for once. See Colavito, Rocky.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:52 AM
Banned

He's been immortalized as a Bosox because of "The Homer" in 1975.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:53 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by FanOf14
I thought he yelled at Jeter about something like that too (I read the other post about it being Deion Sanders)...
It was Deion, who was playing for the Yankees at the time.

Jeter didn't even come up to the major leagues (1995) until after Fisk was retired (1993), so it couldn't have been him.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:05 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by FanOf14
Wasn't the rule about whatever team the player has to wear the hat of the team he spent the most time with created because of the Fisk Red Sox/White Sox situation (I am sure there were others as well, but didn't this one spur the rule)?
Um, there isn't a rule that says that, is there? What has changed is that they don't let players have the sole decision anymore. If a player has a little less time with one team, but was better or had more memorable moments with that team, it's quite possible they could go in under that.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:14 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
He belongs under both.
They should do it like they do the NFL Hall of Fame and put them in there without a cap on their plaques. Just list the teams underneath their name.