White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2003, 10:59 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Choker ------------------------------------------>

It hurts me to say that, but it's true. They needed him, and he didn't get it done. Oh well. He's had a pretty good year, as have the Sox, but it wasn't quite good enough.

*Sigh*
Frank is choking big time down the stretch, similar to his awful, awful 2000 ALDS performance. I hate to bring up all this 1B talk, but he's impotent in big games at DH. It's been said that he sulks in the dugout between ABs and overthinks the previous AB. I have to believe he sulks and overthinks even more in games as important as these. He's the one who needs to adjust, don't get me wrong, but perhaps some advice to the next manager of the Chicago White Sox: Put Frank at first for an extended period of time--including important games--and see if all the 1B talk is true.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:59 PM
Banned

*sigh*

Oh well.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by FJA
Frank is choking big time down the stretch, similar to his awful, awful 2000 ALDS performance. I hate to bring up all this 1B talk, but he's impotent in big games at DH. It's been said that he sulks in the dugout between ABs and overthinks the previous AB. I have to believe he sulks and overthinks even more in games as important as these. He's the one who needs to adjust, don't get me wrong, but perhaps some advice to the next manager of the Chicago White Sox: Put Frank at first for an extended period of time--including important games--and see if all the 1B talk is true.
I am convinced that putting him at first base will solve a lot of his problems at the plate. I don't think it's a coincidence that Frank's problems started the same year that Jerry Manuel showed up.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:02 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
I'm just wondering how many games the Twins have lost since Paniagua pitched. One? I know that should not effect the SOX to this day, but that 9th inning rally DID ignite the TWINS, and I said it that night. Why doesn't anybody admit that? We all say the Sox's turnaround this year was that game they lost to yes, Detroit, but scored a lot of runs late! That sprung them. The Paniagua affar sprung the Twins. What are they 7-1 since then? Hard to deny.

Jerry hesitated to put the gold spike through the heart that night, standing as he was above the nearly dead Twinkie Vampire, ... and decided to send in Panic Attack to give them CPR instead
Old 09-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Banned

Well... another day of avoiding all sports talk/highlights . When I hit the gym tomorrow after work, I'll have to play a Rollins cd in my walkman and avoid looking at the tv's while on the cross-trainer/treadmill.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

The 2 wins by them here, after the Paniagua game, took all the pressure off them-
Old 09-17-2003, 11:13 PM
WSI Prelate

Now that the Twins have sewn up 1st place ... we're only 8 games out of the wild card
Old 09-17-2003, 11:15 PM
WSI Regular

One of the big differences between the Twins and Sox this year is this man and his attitude:

: OK, we took the first two, fine. Don't let up, we can take the third one.

GO TWINS!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:29 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
One of the big differences between the Twins and Sox this year is this man and his attitude:

: OK, we took the first two, fine. Don't let up, we can take the third one.

GO TWINS!

And last year, and the year before, and the year before............
Just hope for your sake that Gardenhire does not change that quote to "OK, we took the first two, so I'll think I'll start the guy sitting in section 123 row 3 seat 1 since we already won the series and that's all you really want to do this time of year..........."
Old 09-17-2003, 11:34 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 09-17-2003, 11:46 PM
WSI Prelate

if the Sox had been anywhere near being in the game tonight, we'd have hit 5 or 6 tomoatos easy, though the dead chat server could've put that Roger Maris asterisk on it ;-)
Old 09-18-2003, 12:13 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by soxtalker
I don't know about that. Jose has been getting an awful lot of plate appearances. He may just exceed the total needed to trigger the $5M salary guarantee for next year.
He needs a total of 575 ABs this year. He's still 100 short. For the clause to kick in, he would have to average nearly 10 ABs per game the rest of the season. Much like the White Sox playoff chances, it just ain't happening.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Parking Lot Attendant

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
Well... another day of avoiding all sports talk/highlights . When I hit the gym tomorrow after work, I'll have to play a Rollins cd in my walkman and avoid looking at the tv's while on the cross-trainer/treadmill.
Ha, never a problem at my gym. They don't bother showing Sox games anyway. Of course the Flubs games are ALWAYS on.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:45 AM
WSI Guru

For anybody who possibly forgot Kenny Rogers, the "has been," "bum" etc that some were saying to suggestions made by a number of us that he could help the Sox, has now won 12 games.

That's 9 more then the fantastic four combo of Wright, Porzio, Cotts and Stewart have won this season.

One million dollars more is what the Twins paid him. The Sox weren't willing to match that. A pretty good investment considering the Twins will now be playing additional home games in October don't you think?

One million dollars....

Lip
Old 09-18-2003, 11:14 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
For anybody who possibly forgot Kenny Rogers, the "has been," "bum" etc that some were saying to suggestions made by a number of us that he could help the Sox, has now won 12 games.

That's 9 more then the fantastic four combo of Wright, Porzio, Cotts and Stewart have won this season.

One million dollars more is what the Twins paid him. The Sox weren't willing to match that. A pretty good investment considering the Twins will now be playing additional home games in October don't you think?

One million dollars....

Lip
Yeah, but the Sox have WON 6 of Wrongs starts, HIS record doesn't mean anything!