GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2003, 07:19 PM
Banned

Default white sox ticket special

Hey all,
The sox have a special web only deal for next week's Boston Series. Bleacher seats 10 bucks, and the entire upper deck for 5 bucks. Catch is, you HAVE to buy online. But even with service fees, 2 bleacher seats for Wed's game will set you back only 28 bucks, as opposed to 44 at the door. The deal's in the ticket specials page at www.whitesox.com, as well as the home page/
Gene
Old 08-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Banned

Default skybox promo

There's also a skybox contest at :

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/sw...sbc_sweeps.jsp

Gene
Old 08-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Banned

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/c...e_specials.jsp
Old 08-26-2003, 10:13 PM
WSI Personality

This is cool. I may do the Wednesday game.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:53 AM
WSI Regular

Default TIX Promotion

Just read in the Trib about the ticket promotion for Sept 2-3 against the Bosox. $10 for bleachers/$5 for UD. Should use this promo all year, since $5 seats are better than empty ones. However a nice gesture on the part of the Sox. Anyone know the reason for this?

NYSF
Old 08-27-2003, 09:11 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Just read in the Trib about the ticket promotion for Sept 2-3 against the Bosox. $10 for bleachers/$5 for UD. Should use this promo all year, since $5 seats are better than empty ones. However a nice gesture on the part of the Sox. Anyone know the reason for this?

NYSF
I guess you can only get the tickets via the Sox website. Regardless, they're trying to get as many butts in those seats at whatever cost, during a pennant chase. I really didn't agree with the Sox raising the UD ticket prices this year so chopping the seats to $5 is a great idea by the Sox even if it is for only two days.
I loved the game. I'd have played for free and worked for food. It was the game, the parks, the smells, the sounds. Have you ever held a bat or a baseball to your face? The varnish, the leather. And it was the crowd, the excitement of them rising as one when the ball was hit deep. It makes me tingle all over like a kid on his way to his first double-header, just to talk about it. - Shoeless Joe Jackson
Old 08-27-2003, 09:15 AM
WSI Personality

Front office getting a clue. Sox play better at home and with a big crowd. I think that if they entice the fans who have not been to the park since before the strike to Comiskey those fans will realize how fun Comiskey is and how entertaining this team is. I was at the game on Sunday and you could feel the energy. Lots of kids roaming around having a great time. Even though they lost I felt most people left having had a good time. Just a couple guesses.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

Very interesting marketing move. This looks similar to the weekly online specials that the airlines run. Only available through the team's website, so they avoid any middleman fees. Available only through the end of the week. Game on Tuesday was probably a half-price night, but without advance sale on half-price tickets. Wednesday nights typically have low attendance. And, of course, they make a lot more than just the ticket price.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:06 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by mandmandm
Front office getting a clue. Sox play better at home and with a big crowd.
What you said.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:13 AM
WSI Regular

There's still a middle man, Ticketmaster. So tickets are really $12.50 for bleachers and $7.50 for UD. I'm not too keen on the idea because I'm a season ticket holder and paid $30 for my 2 UD Box seats for the entire season. I would have saved a boat load of money if I took advantage of all the ticket deals through out the year instead. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to get ASG tix ($450) or possibly post season tix ($1800). I just think either reduce the price of all tickets for everybody at the beginning of the season, or have better/more perks for season ticket holders. Some cheap bobble heads and one 2 hour party doesn't cut it.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:15 AM
WSI High Priest

Montreal recently ran a similar promo $10 tickets and $1 hot dogs, they drew > 30,000.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

I think they are finally waking up and realizing they can make money at the lower prices and since they have a winning club at the moment, they can use it to market the park and change the perception. It's about damn time...

I think they've been reading WSI. So many of the marketing promos they are coming up with sound too close to stuff that has been suggested here.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 08-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Banned

two bleacher tickets on this deal cost you just over 28 bucks, including ALL ticketmaster fees and taxes...a full price ticket for wed's game will set you back 22 a pop.....you save 8 bucks right there, which can conviently be used for parking...if you bought at the door for wed, you'd be spending 44 for tickets, and 15 for parking...with this deal, EVEN with ticketbastard's fees, you can get in for 43 bucks and some change, assuming you do willcall, why bother with ticketFAST.........and for those that take the train, you can spend that extra cash in the stadium...churros perhaps?
Gene
Old 08-27-2003, 01:36 PM
WSI Prelate

Default $5.00 for an upper deck seat? Geez...

Even with the ticketmaster fees, that is still almost nothing. There is absolutely no excuse to not fill the freaking park that night. I think Jerry wants to hit 2,000,000. In order to do so, he needs to average over 30,000 the rest of the way. With the coupon book, promotions like this, and oh yeah, A FIRST PLACE WINNING TEAM and remaining home series vs KC, Minn, NYY, Boston, and Clev(our two close division rivals, the team we most love to beat, and two playoff contenders from the East), we should have no problem getting 30,000 in the park the rest of the way.

With 2,000,000 seats sold, How can Jerry not find the money in the off season to resign Robbie and Bartolo? Lock down Buehrle? Give Maggs a well deserved long term deal? How Mr. Chairman? How?
Old 08-27-2003, 05:21 PM
WSI Personality

I got two upper deck box tickets behind home plate for Wednesday's game. The total cost, including all the Ticketmaster fees, was still less than what it would have cost me to buy just one ticket. This is a good promotion. I hope a lot of people take advantage of it.