White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-11-2003, 02:54 PM
chisoxt chisoxt is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Oak Park, IL
Posts: 370
Deja vu all over again?

I don't know if you all recall, but last year in June, the Sox went to Cleveland three games in front of the injuns and managed to lose all three and then were tied. At that time the Sox were struglgling, on the heals of losing those tough games against the Yankees, and Cleveland was playing well. Don't look now, but this is playing out much the same way this weekend.....We're four in front of Cleveland and set to play a four game series, the starting pitching matchups look none too good, we suck and Cleveland is hot.


I would take a split in this series, right now!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2003, 03:02 PM
harwar harwar is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,315
Default

Well,it ain't over till its over so who knows.After the break we play these teams at home and can maybe play at .700.This may be the first time in MLB history that a team below .500 wins a division and goes on to win the World Series.Now THATS optimism!
__________________
Strong Pitching .. Solid Defense
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-11-2003, 03:11 PM
southpaw40 southpaw40 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 117
Default

I hope deja vu refers to the 1983 season! I just checked, and on July 11, 1983, we began a three game series with the Indians:

July 11 - Sox win, 9-2
July 12 - Sox win, 8-0
July 13 - Sox win, 5-1

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-11-2003, 03:34 PM
Iwritecode Iwritecode is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Rockford
Posts: 11,517
Default Re: Deja vu all over again?

Quote:
Originally posted by chisoxt
I don't know if you all recall, but last year in June, the Sox went to Cleveland three games in front of the injuns and managed to lose all three and then were tied. At that time the Sox were struglgling, on the heals of losing those tough games against the Yankees, and Cleveland was playing well. Don't look now, but this is playing out much the same way this weekend.....We're four in front of Cleveland and set to play a four game series, the starting pitching matchups look none too good, we suck and Cleveland is hot.


I would take a split in this series, right now!
We need more than a split. We need at least 3 of 4. A sweep would be better to at least get us back to .500. It does kind of worry me though that Cleveland has been playing a bit better as of late (taking a series from NY and beating KC IIRC) and the Sox have been sucking.

I also remember last year going on vacation for a week and coming home to find out the Sox were swept (or lost 3 of 4 don't remember for sure) against the Tigers. Those were huge wasted opportunites because the Twins were struggling then too.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Iwritecode Iwritecode is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Rockford
Posts: 11,517
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by harwar
Well,it ain't over till its over so who knows.After the break we play these teams at home and can maybe play at .700.This may be the first time in MLB history that a team below .500 wins a division and goes on to win the World Series.Now THATS optimism!
The Sox have been a better home team so hopefully that will help. The one saving grace is that they still have a lot of games left against KC. That's been what's killed them the past couple of years is their H2H record against the division leaders. If they can make up some ground that way, they might have a chance...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-11-2003, 04:00 PM
Chisox353014 Chisox353014 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The Evanston Panhandle
Posts: 2,545
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwritecode
The Sox have been a better home team so hopefully that will help. The one saving grace is that they still have a lot of games left against KC. That's been what's killed them the past couple of years is their H2H record against the division leaders. If they can make up some ground that way, they might have a chance...
It figures that the year the Sox finally figure out how to beat the Twins, they stink it up against the freakin' Indians and Tigers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-11-2003, 05:53 PM
gosox41 gosox41 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,027
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by southpaw40
I hope deja vu refers to the 1983 season! I just checked, and on July 11, 1983, we began a three game series with the Indians:

July 11 - Sox win, 9-2
July 12 - Sox win, 8-0
July 13 - Sox win, 5-1

To many comparisons to a team that has nothing do to with the current one. While '83 was a ton of fun, there's no point in living in the past unless it's to frustrate all of us even more.

Bob
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.