Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2003, 12:26 AM
WSI Personality

Default Thoughts on the road trip

5 wins is not very good but its better than i expected to see the sox do. We are 7.5 back and really need to have a good strech of baseball RIGHT NOW so that we dont fall out of the central. We still have some tough games ahead of us this month and need to try to stay afloat while getting through the month.

ON a good note it seems that Maggs and THomas and Crede have finnally started to come out of thier season slump, hopefully this will translate into some wins
Old 06-09-2003, 10:31 AM
WSI Personality

I think it should translate to more wins. Their approach at the plate seems tons better than it was before. Even in the papers some of the players are talking about their approach, of not trying to hit home runs, and just getting hits. What took them so long to figure that one out?--I knew that two months ago. If they keep this approach, they'll be fine. How they played yesterday is they way most expected them to play., so we'll see if it continues.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:35 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally posted by soxnut
I think it should translate to more wins. Their approach at the plate seems tons better than it was before. Even in the papers some of the players are talking about their approach, of not trying to hit home runs, and just getting hits. What took them so long to figure that one out?--I knew that two months ago. If they keep this approach, they'll be fine. How they played yesterday is they way most expected them to play., so we'll see if it continues.

Why do veteran hitters feel the need to change their approach to the plate? Even if they're pressing, you'd think they'd know by now that the worst thing to do was to let it menatlly effect them. Good hitters should know to go back to the basics and what made them successful.

Bob
Old 06-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally posted by gosox41
Why do veteran hitters feel the need to change their approach to the plate? Even if they're pressing, you'd think they'd know by now that the worst thing to do was to let it menatlly effect them. Good hitters should know to go back to the basics and what made them successful.

Bob
Yeah, bue even the best hitters can start to press when they and the team are strugglig. On the other hand, maybe (just maybe) it was Gary Ward's fault for not getting the guys to adjust their thinking sooner. Everything I have heard from Walker makes me think he is a huge improvement and might some day make a fine manager.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...