Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2002, 06:22 PM
WSI Regular

Default 4 team trade goes through

Durazo to A's, Jason Arnold and John-Ford Griffin to Blue Jays, Elmer Dessens to Arizona, Felipe Lopez to Cincinnati
Old 12-15-2002, 06:38 PM
WSI Regular

UMMM very gay who cares its a small trade
Old 12-15-2002, 06:47 PM
WSI Regular

is that really warranted? what's your problem?
Old 12-15-2002, 06:57 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by KVinc
UMMM very gay who cares its a small trade
UMMM, let's see. UMMM, it's baseball news that affects a couple of the teams that the White Sox will be playing. UMMM, it doesn't matter if it's small or not, Durazo has some good power, and Dessens is a decent pitcher, so it should be interesting to see how they work out. UMMM, and, what defines a trade as being very gay? UMMM, I don't know.

UMMM, do you realize that something being "gay" doesn't mean that it's not worth a damn? UMMM, gay does not refer to objects and events, it refers to people. UMMM, and being gay does not mean anything derogatory so your statement is nothing more than pure BS that belongs on some other site, because that type of post certainly isn't appreciated here, and at the very least, definitely not cared for by me.

UMMM, so, why don't you read what you type before you go using words that should have no bad connotation to them, yet you use them disparagingly? UMMM, next time, why don't you not post, unless you have something unoffensive to say, or would you view that as gay, too?

UMMM...
And nobody knows what it's really like / But everyone says it's great / And they heard it from the spiral in their eyes / ... / And nobody knows what it's really like / But everyone says it's great / And they heard it from the spiral in their eyes /.../ The spiraling shape will make you go insane / But everyone wants to see that groovy thing /.../ Don't spend the rest of your life wondering / (Everyone wants to see that thing) - They Might Be Giants from Factory Showroom
Old 12-15-2002, 07:18 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
UMMM, let's see. UMMM, it's baseball news that affects a couple of the teams that the White Sox will be playing. UMMM, it doesn't matter if it's small or not, Durazo has some good power, and Dessens is a decent pitcher, so it should be interesting to see how they work out. UMMM, and, what defines a trade as being very gay? UMMM, I don't know.

UMMM, do you realize that something being "gay" doesn't mean that it's not worth a damn? UMMM, gay does not refer to objects and events, it refers to people. UMMM, and being gay does not mean anything derogatory so your statement is nothing more than pure BS that belongs on some other site, because that type of post certainly isn't appreciated here, and at the very least, definitely not cared for by me.

UMMM, so, why don't you read what you type before you go using words that should have no bad connotation to them, yet you use them disparagingly? UMMM, next time, why don't you not post, unless you have something unoffensive to say, or would you view that as gay, too?

UMMM...
This has been edited by the administration.

Last edited by KVinc; 12-15-2002 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:51 PM
WSI Regular

*** is going on here?
Old 12-15-2002, 09:53 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Champ Summers
*** is going on here?
Meaning what?
Old 12-15-2002, 10:27 PM
WSI High Priest

Ill do the honors...

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Old 12-15-2002, 11:01 PM
WSI Regular

meaning Soxxos is right on, all I was doing was reporting a trade, and Kvinc apparently forgot some medication this morning, I can only guess what his second post was about...
Old 12-16-2002, 12:26 AM
WSI Church Elder

I'll try to get this back on track:

Reds: Lopez can still have a very good career. Dessens had a career year, despite the poor record. Still, a thumbs up for Bowden.

Blue Jays: Arnold and Ford-Griffin seem like good players. Lopez is not a big loss, as the Jays have a plethora of middle infielders. I think Ricciardi had personal problems with him anyway.

Athletics: Many questioned Beane after he traded Carlos Pena last summer. Well, he turned that trade into Durazo, and also gets to keep Ted Lilly. The man just keeps on working his magic.

Diamondbacks: Dessens has some nice minor league numbers, but he's old, is probably past his peak, and won't put up 2002 numbers again. Once Schilling and Johnson lose their touch, this team will just fall apart.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:31 AM
Banned

I'm going to have to agree with KVinc here. If you can't call this gay, then it's at least a fruit cocktail.

We're in the middle of the Winter Meetings and itching for some real news. The only "gay" trade I want to hear about is Piazza traded to the Sox for KW.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:48 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by bc2k
I'm going to have to agree with KVinc here. If you can't call this gay, then it's at least a fruit cocktail.

We're in the middle of the Winter Meetings and itching for some real news. The only "gay" trade I want to hear about is Piazza traded to the Sox for KW.
Lord you're an idiot. A fruit cocktail? Do you care who you might be offending? Way to be trash. Thats before we get to the fact that any true baseball fan knows that this trade is interesting. The A's fill a hole at first, the D'Backs trade away Durazo for a guy that might have just had a career year. Your head is just too far up your ass to realize any of this.

And jeez even if you are a moron who goes around calling things gay. If you had half a brain you'd be smart enough to not make another comment like that after what happened in response to the first comment. So not only are you an insensitive clod but youre brickheaded for repeating the same mistake KVinc made. I'm probably out of line but this is ridiculous really.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:47 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:

Good God, this is by far the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. Hey, while you're at it, why don't you go around spewing off racial slurs, since you obviously are too thick to understand that people sometimes get offended by things?

Speaking solely for myself, any respect I had for your thoughts, comments, and whatnot has flown straight out the window.

2015 Obligatory Attendance/Record Tracker
1-2

LAST GAME: May 22 - Sox 3, Twins 2
NEXT GAME: June 8 - Sox vs. Astros
Old 12-16-2002, 11:50 AM
New At WSI

Small deal or not, gay or straight, what blows my mind about this trade is how it shows once again, what billy wants, billy gets. Apparently he's been coveting Durazo for a long time. If I was a GM, and I knew Beane was coveting one of my players, I'd hang on to him. Why does any other GM do business with him?
He sure makes it look bad for other GMs who can't seem to get their gaping holes filled (not to sound gay or anything, KVinc).
Old 12-16-2002, 11:54 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:

What does your comment add to the discussion. It is obvious the first comment was not well received by the regular posters nor the administration. Perhaps it would be better if you paid attention to that fact...

Thanks...

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...