Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2019, 06:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Sox fans believing it.

I hope I don't get in trouble because this is an attendance thread, but a positive one.
Sox fans are starting to support the team, we've had some very good crowds lately and after tonight we will probably pass Seattle and Cincinatti for 19th place in attendance and looking at the schedule I predict the Sox will come close or pass 1,800,000 for 2019. That's a 200,000 increase over last year and if the team continues to improve, next year we should hit the 2 million mark. I'll be the first to admit it but I wasn't a big fan of the rebuild but now I'm 100% on board and expect to see a lot of wins and big crowds in the coming years, best I've felt about the team and the franchise since 2012..
GO-GO SOX.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-04-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:35 PM
WSI Guru

Durr, what are you talking about? No one goes to Sox games. Go Cubbies!
Old 07-03-2019, 06:41 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Durr, what are you talking about? No one goes to Sox games. Go Cubbies!
And you put it in Cubbie blue instead of teal.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Last year, a stop on the South Side was basically a breather for road-weary AL teams. As long as you did what you were supposed to do and didnít beat yourself, you were likely leaving here winning 2-out-of-3. That is no longer the case. Fans who have gone to games this season have not been sitting through absolute misery.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:51 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
And you put it in Cubbie blue instead of teal.
Yep, that was the point.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:57 PM
WSI Village Atheist

Really surprised to see 26,000+ today for game 1. Rescheduled April rain-out on a workday (albeit the day before a holiday). When I got off the L, the line to Gate 5 stretched almost to Wentworth.

I think it shows the fans excitement about the new prospects like Dylan Cease, and their commitment to come out to the ball park and watch the development of the young guys. White Sox baseball is exciting again.

Apr 8 L
May 18 W
May 29 W
Jun 15 L
Jun 29 L
Jul 3 (1) W
Jul 4 L

Next Game Ju1 23
Old 07-03-2019, 09:00 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
Really surprised to see 26,000+ today for game 1. Rescheduled April rain-out on a workday (albeit the day before a holiday). When I got off the L, the line to Gate 5 stretched almost to Wentworth.

I think it shows the fans excitement about the new prospects like Dylan Cease, and their commitment to come out to the ball park and watch the development of the young guys. White Sox baseball is exciting again.
I think those ticket holders from April had to use their tickets today. I donít think they were given another option.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:12 PM
WSI Village Atheist

Quote:
I think those ticket holders from April had to use their tickets today. I donít think they were given another option.

That's true. But were there even 15,000 sold for an April game of a 100-loss team? I think there was a lot of skepticism at the start of this season, and I think more fans are becoming believers.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
That's true. But were there even 15,000 sold for an April game of a 100-loss team? I think there was a lot of skepticism at the start of this season, and I think more fans are becoming believers.
How much do bobbleheads usually draw? The originally-scheduled game in April was supposed to be the Abreu Silver Slugger bobblehead day, and the giveaway was rescheduled along with the game.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
How much do bobbleheads usually draw? The originally-scheduled game in April was supposed to be the Abreu Silver Slugger bobblehead day, and the giveaway was rescheduled along with the game.
A Ton, what is encouraging is that people that came for the bobble head stayed to watch the game. Park was packed!
Old 07-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Co-Winner WSI 2018 NFL Pick'em Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbone View Post
A Ton, what is encouraging is that people that came for the bobble head stayed to watch the game. Park was packed!
I was there this afternoon also and it was awesome to see that many people in the park for a Wednesday afternoon game. Beautiful day and the team played great. Sox fans will always support a team playing quality baseball. Not that garbage we've seen for the majority of the last decade though.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:56 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbone View Post
It must be a ton. As soon as the game was postponed in April, they said it would be a split doubleheader instead of a straight doubleheader. That extra waiting around makes for a long day at the ballpark for everyone involved, and teams avoid it if possible. That can only mean that the bobblehead game, plus the fireworks game tonight, must have sold enough early tickets that the team already knew that a straight doubleheader would be impossible.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

I remember reading, on Fangraphs I think, that the Sox currently enjoy the third-largest year-over-year attendance increase of around roughly 2.2k/game. For a team that hovers around .500, that's not bad...and a good sign of things to come.

2014 PtC Score: 1
Old 07-04-2019, 03:53 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko View Post
I remember reading, on Fangraphs I think, that the Sox currently enjoy the third-largest year-over-year attendance increase of around roughly 2.2k/game. For a team that hovers around .500, that's not bad...and a good sign of things to come.

All of this with the pedestrian coverage provided by the papers and TV media.
ďThere were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. Georgeís great strength was he didnít overcoach. Thereís no place for panic on the mound.Ē - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger ďArms and the man,Ē Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 07-04-2019, 06:34 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Last year, a stop on the South Side was basically a breather for road-weary AL teams. As long as you did what you were supposed to do and didnít beat yourself, you were likely leaving here winning 2-out-of-3. That is no longer the case. Fans who have gone to games this season have not been sitting through absolute misery.
And just think where this team would be without all the injuries to the pitching staff