White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 07:35 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Default The hijack thread... formerly Tim Anderson .400

Of course not. But he's batting .514 through 37 AB, with an OPS of 1.256, and I never believed him capable of a hot streak like that.

He's one of many players I've been wrong about, and I'd like to apologize.

Yoan Moncada, I didn't think you'd be able to handle third base, since according to Baseball Reference you'd played a total of 21 games there before this season (even including your time in the Cuban league). But you look like a natural, and your offensive game is improving too.

Leury Garcia? I didn't think you were a major leaguer, but you can hit a little, and the versatility's very nice.

Carson Fulmer? Dylan Covey? Manny Banuelos? Sorry, I'm not ready to concede anything yet.

Then there are the players I thought would be doing better. That's a much longer list.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:53 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
Of course not. But he's batting .514 through 37 AB, with an OPS of 1.256, and I never believed him capable of a hot streak like that.

Yoan Moncada, I didn't think you'd be able to handle third base, since according to Baseball Reference you'd played a total of 21 games there before this season (even including your time in the Cuban league). But you look like a natural, and your offensive game is improving too.

Leury Garcia? I didn't think you were a major leaguer, but you can hit a little, and the versatility's very nice.

Carson Fulmer? Dylan Covey? Manny Banuelos? Sorry, I'm not ready to concede anything yet.

Then there are the players I thought would be doing better. That's a much longer list.
In a few of my posts in ST I predicted that Timmy and Yoan would have outstanding seasons. I also thought that Banuelos earned the 5th starter spot. L. Garcia had a great ST and I thought he would do very well this year. I'd like to see Cordelle brought back up and given an extended shot in right field with L.Garcia moving to CF and Engel being the 4th outfielder, just a shame that Engel with the great glove can't hit worth a damn. I'd also give Rondon and extended look at second base, we know what Yolmer can do which isn't much, whatever happens, Madrigal will be brought up one of these days and second base will be in good hands for at least 6 years and hopefully longer.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-10-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I'd like to see Cordelle brought back up and given an extended shot in right field
Did you write this before or after Cordell hit for the cycle in Charlotte?

EDIT: 5-5 with an extra single in the bottom of the ninth, and scored the tying run as the Knights came from behind to win.

Last edited by A. Cavatica; 04-10-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:57 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:

Maybe the better question would be, can Tim Anderson commit less than 40 errors?
Old 04-10-2019, 10:58 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Maybe the better question would be, can Tim Anderson commit less than 40 errors?
I'll take that bet...

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 04-10-2019, 11:38 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1
*fewer*
Old 04-10-2019, 11:53 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Being that his career high is 28 for a season, then yes. He already has.

But nevermind, you just continue and roll with your theme of finding holes to poke. Even on a positive story like Tim Anderson this season.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:02 AM
WSI High Priest

If anyone thinks Leury Garcia’s BABIP is going to stay at .444 this year, raise your hand. That 4-hit game against the Indians was particularly goofy; 3 of the hits didn’t even leave the infield. He has the 13th-highest GB/FB ratio in baseball, and he has the 4th-lowest hard-hit percentage in baseball.

Once that BABIP normalizes, we’re going to be left with the same .270-ish hitting, sub-.400 slugging player we have always had; someone who provides nowhere near enough offense to justify subpar outfield defense.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Official Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
*fewer*

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 04-11-2019, 06:51 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Did you write this before or after Cordell hit for the cycle in Charlotte?

EDIT: 5-5 with an extra single in the bottom of the ninth, and scored the tying run as the Knights came from behind to win.
Didn't even know about until I read your post a minute ago.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:13 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
He's never come close to committing 40 errors in his previous seasons. Heck he hasn't even made 30 errors in a season. This is a ridiculous question.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:10 AM
WSI High Priest

You know you're hot, when after you go 2 for 4, your batting average actually drops a few points.

2019 Sox Attendance Tracker: 1-0
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

278-241.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:37 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
If anyone thinks Leury Garcia’s BABIP is going to stay at .444 this year, raise your hand. That 4-hit game against the Indians was particularly goofy; 3 of the hits didn’t even leave the infield. He has the 13th-highest GB/FB ratio in baseball, and he has the 4th-lowest hard-hit percentage in baseball.

Once that BABIP normalizes, we’re going to be left with the same .270-ish hitting, sub-.400 slugging player we have always had; someone who provides nowhere near enough offense to justify subpar outfield defense.
I don't think anyone here was advocating Leury in being the CF of the future for this team.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:48 AM
WSI Prelate

I just am not seeing the defensive growth from Anderson yet that we are seeing offensively. I understand his athleticism lets him make the tough plays, and his range drives up his war, but his inability to consistently make the routine ones hurts our staff and you can't have 40 errors from your SS. It is early, but I really think he is going to end up sooner or later in center.

His arm is so strong 2b is pointless. I also think his skill set makes for a tremendous defensive CF profile, his combination of speed and arm would put him as a contender for a gold glove.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
I just am not seeing the defensive growth from Anderson yet that we are seeing offensively. I understand his athleticism lets him make the tough plays, and his range drives up his war, but his inability to consistently make the routine ones hurts our staff and you can't have 40 errors from your SS. It is early, but I really think he is going to end up sooner or later in center.

His arm is so strong 2b is pointless. I also think his skill set makes for a tremendous defensive CF profile, his combination of speed and arm would put him as a contender for a gold glove.
HE'S NEVER EVER EVER COME EVEN CLOSE TO 40 ERRORS! STOP EXTRAPOLATING SOME BULL**** MADE UP CRAP BASED ON 1 WEEK OF STATS!

Hope that helps explain the problem with this logic.
Closed Thread