White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 32,784
Default *Official 5/9/18 Postgame: Just Another Day At The Office*

Lopez pitches well...Jones gives up four in the 9th to blow yet another game. Pittsburgh wins 6-5.

6th game this year Sox have lost when taking a lead into the 7th inning or later.

3-15 start at home is the worst in franchise history.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2018, 04:56 PM
SoxandtheCityTee SoxandtheCityTee is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Loop
Posts: 4,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Lopez pitches well...Jones gives up four in the 9th to blow yet another game. Pittsburgh wins 6-5.

6th game this year Sox have lost when taking a lead into the 7th inning or later.

3-15 start at home is the worst in franchise history.
I'm 0-3 at the park this season. To me, this one was the worst.

My games are pretty spread out this year. It's not beyond the realm that I could go all season without seeing a win. Would 0-12 be impressive? Or would my loss total need to be higher? Does someone have a personal best (worst) for consecutive losses attended, or season losses without being at a single winning game, that I could shoot for? It's good to have goals.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 32,784
Default

Jones by the way gave up the four runs on only 10 pitches. Impressive!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2018, 05:15 PM
BigKlu59 BigKlu59 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hotel California
Posts: 2,393
Default

Impressive indeed. Nothing like a little BP in the 9th to gas can this one away. Worst start ever at home. Good to see some achievement in some area this year.

BK59
__________________
Big Klu says... "When you step in the box you go to war"..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 9,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1
Jones by the way gave up the four runs on only 10 pitches. Impressive!
Itís starting to look like a Jones trade isnít going to provide an infusion of talent for us this year. Trading Abreu looks like the only option to get some real talent in here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and letís fight tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 32,784
Default

Saw a tweet earlier today from a writer, do not know if it is true but it said Renteria pulled L. Garcia from the game for "not hustling" down the line.

Even though these guys know the score you have to think this bullpen blowing game after game is starting to take a toll mentally on them.

I shudder to think what this weekend could look like. It could be beyond awful.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 3,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Saw a tweet earlier today from a writer, do not know if it is true but it said Renteria pulled L. Garcia from the game for "not hustling" down the line.

Even though these guys know the score you have to think this bullpen blowing game after game is starting to take a toll mentally on them.

I shudder to think what this weekend could look like. It could be beyond awful.

Lip, that's no excuse for not hustling.
__________________
ďThere were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. Georgeís great strength was he didnít overcoach. Thereís no place for panic on the mound.Ē - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger ďArms and the man,Ē Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:37 PM
StillMissOzzie StillMissOzzie is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 5,731
Default

Dear White Sox,
I know you're gonna stink this year and lose a boatload of games and it's all for the greater good and ****, but...
Could you PLEASE try not to piss me off so much in the process?

K thx bai,
SMO
__________________
2018 tally: x 1, x 2, and x 0 (4th inning free coffee from DD)
COTC Record: 1 - 1 (lifetime)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:56 PM
fungo bat fungo bat is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jeff Park
Posts: 287
Default

Uugghh! Another game that started out well and deteriorated as the innings wore on. No movement on the pitches from Jones. And the Buccos were jumping all over his fast ball. Very disheartening to see the bullpen implode once again as our best(!?) reliever and closer by default was lit up in the final frame.

Next up is the team from the other side of town. I sure hope the Sox don't embarrass themselves this weekend.

I knew we were in for a long season. But the way things are going, especially at home, 100 losses are a distinct possibility. Shades of 1970 all over again. Oh, the horror of it all!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:01 PM
ricker182 ricker182 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,078
Default

Worst Sox team in my lifetime.

Wake me up in 2020.

Unless the rebuild fails.

This team isn't even watchable at all.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:18 PM
A. Cavatica A. Cavatica is offline
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricker182 View Post
Worst Sox team in my lifetime.

Wake me up in 2020.

Unless the rebuild fails.

This team isn't even watchable at all.
Can't blame this one on the rebuild. Blame it on the proven veteran closer.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:24 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Saw a tweet earlier today from a writer, do not know if it is true but it said Renteria pulled L. Garcia from the game for "not hustling" down the line.

Even though these guys know the score you have to think this bullpen blowing game after game is starting to take a toll mentally on them.

I shudder to think what this weekend could look like. It could be beyond awful.
I think you are digging to deep on this one. L Garcia didn't hustle when the Sox had a 3 run lead, before Jones went on to blow the game. Or are you saying Garcia was already assuming the Nate Jones meltdown before he even took the mound in the 9th?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 32,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
I think you are digging to deep on this one. L Garcia didn't hustle when the Sox had a 3 run lead, before Jones went on to blow the game. Or are you saying Garcia was already assuming the Nate Jones meltdown before he even took the mound in the 9th?
I'm saying in general terms on the season, not specifically just in this game. If I recall, this is the second or third time this year Ricky has removed someone from the game for the same reason.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:30 PM
slavko slavko is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: North Suburban
Posts: 7,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungo bat View Post
Uugghh! Another game that started out well and deteriorated as the innings wore on. No movement on the pitches from Jones. And the Buccos were jumping all over his fast ball. Very disheartening to see the bullpen implode once again as our best(!?) reliever and closer by default was lit up in the final frame.

Next up is the team from the other side of town. I sure hope the Sox don't embarrass themselves this weekend.

I knew we were in for a long season. But the way things are going, especially at home, 100 losses are a distinct possibility. Shades of 1970 all over again. Oh, the horror of it all!
When that fastball isn't moving, it's red meat. When it is moving, he can't locate it that well. That leaves his best pitch, the slider. He's been getting squared up real good recently. His delivery shows the ball to the hitter, like here it is, and makes the hitter's job easier. He's tradeable only if another team sees something they can fix and he brings similar uncertainty in return.
__________________
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:49 PM
chisoxfanatic's Avatar
chisoxfanatic chisoxfanatic is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Body is in Chicago. Mind is in Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 26,953
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxandtheCityTee View Post
I'm 0-3 at the park this season. To me, this one was the worst.

My games are pretty spread out this year. It's not beyond the realm that I could go all season without seeing a win. Would 0-12 be impressive? Or would my loss total need to be higher? Does someone have a personal best (worst) for consecutive losses attended, or season losses without being at a single winning game, that I could shoot for? It's good to have goals.
On the flip side of that, I was shocked that, despite how horrible of a season last year was, that I went 3-2 at games! This year, however, I haven't been to a game and am not motivated to go to one either. It's frustrating enough to watch games on TV. I'm glad I have lots of traveling this summer as a diversion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungo bat View Post
I knew we were in for a long season. But the way things are going, especially at home, 100 losses are a distinct possibility. Shades of 1970 all over again. Oh, the horror of it all!
I wouldn't be surprised if this team lost 110 games this year.
__________________
2017-2018 Blackhawks Attendance Record: 20-20-5

States Visited: 46
Next Up: Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana in July
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.