Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2018, 04:42 PM
WSI Guru

Default *Official 5/9/18 Postgame: Just Another Day At The Office*

Lopez pitches well...Jones gives up four in the 9th to blow yet another game. Pittsburgh wins 6-5.

6th game this year Sox have lost when taking a lead into the 7th inning or later.

3-15 start at home is the worst in franchise history.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Lopez pitches well...Jones gives up four in the 9th to blow yet another game. Pittsburgh wins 6-5.

6th game this year Sox have lost when taking a lead into the 7th inning or later.

3-15 start at home is the worst in franchise history.
I'm 0-3 at the park this season. To me, this one was the worst.

My games are pretty spread out this year. It's not beyond the realm that I could go all season without seeing a win. Would 0-12 be impressive? Or would my loss total need to be higher? Does someone have a personal best (worst) for consecutive losses attended, or season losses without being at a single winning game, that I could shoot for? It's good to have goals.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:06 PM
WSI Guru

Jones by the way gave up the four runs on only 10 pitches. Impressive!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Impressive indeed. Nothing like a little BP in the 9th to gas can this one away. Worst start ever at home. Good to see some achievement in some area this year.

BK59
Old 05-09-2018, 05:28 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1
Jones by the way gave up the four runs on only 10 pitches. Impressive!
Itís starting to look like a Jones trade isnít going to provide an infusion of talent for us this year. Trading Abreu looks like the only option to get some real talent in here.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 PM
WSI Guru

Saw a tweet earlier today from a writer, do not know if it is true but it said Renteria pulled L. Garcia from the game for "not hustling" down the line.

Even though these guys know the score you have to think this bullpen blowing game after game is starting to take a toll mentally on them.

I shudder to think what this weekend could look like. It could be beyond awful.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Saw a tweet earlier today from a writer, do not know if it is true but it said Renteria pulled L. Garcia from the game for "not hustling" down the line.

Even though these guys know the score you have to think this bullpen blowing game after game is starting to take a toll mentally on them.

Lip, that's no excuse for not hustling.
ďThere were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. Georgeís great strength was he didnít overcoach. Thereís no place for panic on the mound.Ē - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger ďArms and the man,Ē Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 05-09-2018, 06:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Dear White Sox,
I know you're gonna stink this year and lose a boatload of games and it's all for the greater good and ****, but...
Could you PLEASE try not to piss me off so much in the process?

K thx bai,
SMO
Old 05-09-2018, 06:56 PM
WSI Regular

Uugghh! Another game that started out well and deteriorated as the innings wore on. No movement on the pitches from Jones. And the Buccos were jumping all over his fast ball. Very disheartening to see the bullpen implode once again as our best(!?) reliever and closer by default was lit up in the final frame.

Next up is the team from the other side of town. I sure hope the Sox don't embarrass themselves this weekend.

I knew we were in for a long season. But the way things are going, especially at home, 100 losses are a distinct possibility. Shades of 1970 all over again. Oh, the horror of it all!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:01 PM
WSI Personality

Worst Sox team in my lifetime.

Wake me up in 2020.

Unless the rebuild fails.

This team isn't even watchable at all.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricker182 View Post
Worst Sox team in my lifetime.

Wake me up in 2020.

Unless the rebuild fails.

This team isn't even watchable at all.
Can't blame this one on the rebuild. Blame it on the proven veteran closer.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:24 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

I think you are digging to deep on this one. L Garcia didn't hustle when the Sox had a 3 run lead, before Jones went on to blow the game. Or are you saying Garcia was already assuming the Nate Jones meltdown before he even took the mound in the 9th?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:30 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
I think you are digging to deep on this one. L Garcia didn't hustle when the Sox had a 3 run lead, before Jones went on to blow the game. Or are you saying Garcia was already assuming the Nate Jones meltdown before he even took the mound in the 9th?
I'm saying in general terms on the season, not specifically just in this game. If I recall, this is the second or third time this year Ricky has removed someone from the game for the same reason.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:30 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungo bat View Post
Uugghh! Another game that started out well and deteriorated as the innings wore on. No movement on the pitches from Jones. And the Buccos were jumping all over his fast ball. Very disheartening to see the bullpen implode once again as our best(!?) reliever and closer by default was lit up in the final frame.

Next up is the team from the other side of town. I sure hope the Sox don't embarrass themselves this weekend.

I knew we were in for a long season. But the way things are going, especially at home, 100 losses are a distinct possibility. Shades of 1970 all over again. Oh, the horror of it all!
When that fastball isn't moving, it's red meat. When it is moving, he can't locate it that well. That leaves his best pitch, the slider. He's been getting squared up real good recently. His delivery shows the ball to the hitter, like here it is, and makes the hitter's job easier. He's tradeable only if another team sees something they can fix and he brings similar uncertainty in return.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:49 PM
WSI Guru

Location: Body is in Chicago. Mind is in Salt Lake City, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxandtheCityTee View Post
I'm 0-3 at the park this season. To me, this one was the worst.

My games are pretty spread out this year. It's not beyond the realm that I could go all season without seeing a win. Would 0-12 be impressive? Or would my loss total need to be higher? Does someone have a personal best (worst) for consecutive losses attended, or season losses without being at a single winning game, that I could shoot for? It's good to have goals.
On the flip side of that, I was shocked that, despite how horrible of a season last year was, that I went 3-2 at games! This year, however, I haven't been to a game and am not motivated to go to one either. It's frustrating enough to watch games on TV. I'm glad I have lots of traveling this summer as a diversion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungo bat View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this team lost 110 games this year.

States Visited: 46
Next Up: Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana in July