Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2018, 11:30 AM
WSI Guru

Default *Official 4/14/18 Postgame: Snow Day 2.0*

Another day, another postponement. No makeup date announced.

Let's go for the hat trick tomorrow!!
Old 04-14-2018, 11:32 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Another day, another postponement. No makeup date announced.

Let's go for the hat trick tomorrow!!
I think that's where we're heading.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:41 AM
WSI Regular

Best thing that could happen to this club right now. Maybe Renteria will have a revelation and drop Moncada down in the order - say #7 or #8 - to take some pressure off and help him figure things out at the plate on the big league level.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:49 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
I think that's where we're heading.
I'll be shocked if they play tomorrow. Snow will continue in the morning with more snow showers expected in the afternoon and a high of 29. They should just save everyone the headache and cancel it now.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 04-14-2018, 12:08 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
I'll be shocked if they play tomorrow. Snow will continue in the morning with more snow showers expected in the afternoon and a high of 29. They should just save everyone the headache and cancel it now.
They really should just cancel tomorrow's game today & let the team come home today, they are going to lose at least 2 future days off because of this, so let them spend tonight & tomorrow with their families.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:12 PM
WSI Guru

I'm a little surprised MLB didn't intervene and move this series elsewhere, not that the weather is any good in Chicago right now, either. It would be borderline as far as getting games in at our park this weekend.

The Brewers are on the road this weekend. Maybe they could have played at Miller Park.

I know, I know, it's tough to get stadium personnel lined up to work the games, etc.

R
ead my baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 04-14-2018, 12:28 PM
WSI Personality

Seems really dumb of Minnesota to build a brand new stadium and not put a retractable roof on it ala Milwaukee.

I'm sure it's quite complicated financially but they didn't seem to have problems getting all the bells and whistles for the new football stadium.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:29 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

I suspect cancellations will be the norm for years to come in minnesota considering how early the season starts.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:32 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I suspect cancellations will be the norm for years to come in minnesota considering how early the season starts.
Actually this is a freak occurrence. This is a potentially record setting storm for this time of year I would assume. On average Minnesota gets 2 days and 2.5" of snow total in April.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...fall-april.php
Old 04-14-2018, 12:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgeportcopper
They really should just cancel tomorrow's game today & let the team come home today, they are going to lose at least 2 future days off because of this, so let them spend tonight & tomorrow with their families.
With that much snow, getting a flight out may be a problem. I know I would rather just stay an extra few days in a nice hotel than hang around an airport and wait for a flight that may not even be able to leave.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98
I'm a little surprised MLB didn't intervene and move this series elsewhere, not that the weather is any good in Chicago right now, either. It would be borderline as far as getting games in at our park this weekend.

The Brewers are on the road this weekend. Maybe they could have played at Miller Park.

I know, I know, it's tough to get stadium personnel lined up to work the games, etc.
Would the Twins scream bloody murder if that happened? They consider themselves a contender.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:20 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Would the Twins scream bloody murder if that happened? They consider themselves a contender.
I think these postponements hurt the Twins and help the White Sox.

As we all know, the Sox are playing very poorly in all facets right now. Whenever these postponed games are made up, the Sox almost certainly will be playing better at that time, because they could hardly do much worse than the current state of affairs.

Even if the games had been moved to Chicago with the Twins serving as the home team, I would like Minnesota's chances of earning a series win.

Some have suggested that this weekend being snowed out is a positive for the Sox because it will provide them a "mental break." Whether that yields better results when the team gets to Oakland, I'm not sure, but I also don't think these days off can hurt.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:39 PM
WSI High Priest

It's only the middle of April and the Sox return to Minnesota two times this season. No need to move the games to another location.

We just happen to have a worse than usual crappy spring. Just got to live with it. My first two soccer games have been cancelled. We might be playing until the 4th of July by this rate.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Actually this is a freak occurrence. This is a potentially record setting storm for this time of year I would assume. On average Minnesota gets 2 days and 2.5" of snow total in April.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...fall-april.php
I was a bit young in 1982, but I remember hearing we had a freak blizzard that affected the entire midwest and east coast. The Sox season didn't start until Sunday afternoon with a DH against the Yankees. I'm sure Lip can confirm this.

We haven't had such storm in April in Chicago since. That was a rare occurrence. So is this storm. It sucks, but what can you do. We've had a lot of unusual weather the last few years.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2662 View Post
I was a bit young in 1982, but I remember hearing we had a freak blizzard that affected the entire midwest and east coast. The Sox season didn't start until Sunday afternoon with a DH against the Yankees. I'm sure Lip can confirm this.

We haven't had such storm in April in Chicago since. That was a rare occurrence. So is this storm. It sucks, but what can you do. We've had a lot of unusual weather the last few years.
1982 opened with a twi night doubleheader on a saturday vs. Baltimore.(after a number of snowed out dates)
Anderson, Fulmer, Giolito, Lopez, Moncada
Players that might be or could have trade value:
Abreu, Bummer, Davidson, Fry, A. Garcia, Jones, Sanchez