Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2017, 05:57 PM
WSI Regular

Default 2018 Season Ticket plans

I heard that the Sox won't be offering the 27 game plan any longer.
There will be a 40 game plan and several 20 game offers.

Does anyone know about this?
Old 10-22-2017, 07:54 PM
WSI Personality

The following is an email that I got from the Sox:

2018 is a great time to be a season ticket holder with the White Sox! Our new plan structure that we are starting in 2018 allows season ticket holders to have flexibility as well as enjoy more benefits than in the past!

Notes about our ticket plans:

We are changing our ticket plan structure this season. We will now have a 10, 20, 40, and 81 game plan.

While the benefits of each plan are still being discussed, the 10 game plan will be the closest equivalent to our 7 game plan in the past. You will get to pick your games throughout the year (1 game does have to be in each of these months: April, May, and September).

- The other 7 games can be picked as you please. If you want all 7 to be in July, I can do that! If you would like them spread out throughout the months, I can do that too!
- Our 10 game plan does include a Sox-Cubs game or Opening Day

There will be 4 different types of 20 game plans. Each plan will include a Sox-Cubs game or Opening Day

- These 20 games will be predetermined. The games that make up each plan have not been decided yet. I will pass along the exact dates once they become available.
- The 20-game plan does include priority for playoff tickets. You will receive priority for 3 games in the ALDS, 1 in the ALCS, and 1 in the World Series.
- This is the most affordable plan that includes priority for playoff tickets.
- You will be invited to season ticket holder events throughout the season as well.

The 40-game plan is the closest to our split season plan from last year.
- This plan is ideal if you use your tickets for more than just personal use. Just like the 27-game plan, people use these tickets for clients, employees, or family/friends.
- You will receive priority tickets for 3 games in the ALDS, 2 games in the ALCS, and 2 games in the World Series.
- You will receive an invite to behind the scene events at the ballpark.

The full season plan includes all 81 games.
- You will be invited to all season ticket holder events throughout the year.
- This plan gives you priority for all home playoff games.

Here are the recommended deposit amounts for season tickets.

10-game: $50 per seat
20-game: $100 per seat
40-game: $200 per seat
81-game: $200 per seat

A deposit is a commitment to 2018, not to any particular plan or number of seats at this time. This is a perfect way for you to be ahead of the game and position yourself to have the best tickets available for 2018!

If you are looking to place a deposit down for 2018 or have any questions, feel free to let me know.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:11 PM
WSI Regular

Default New Ticket Plans

More options is better for us fans. The new 20 game plan could be the winner!
Old 11-01-2017, 02:41 PM
WSI Regular

20 is completely arbitrary.

7=6 months to season + 1 opener/Cubs
27=26 weeks in MLB season-- average 2 tix per 13 home stands a season (26) + 1 opener/Cubs
81=every home game

10 is just a money grab to get 3 more games out of the lowest tier of fans.

The 27ers now have to decide if they want to go to 3 games per home stand (kind of a lot) or alternate between 1 game per home stand and 2 games per home stand.

Interested to see what shakes out with the 27ers. The 7 game plan is such a steal with being able to sell the Cubs tix and going to the other 6. Those extra 3 games will cut into the profit margin -- wonder if you can buy more Cubs tix in those 3 more games?
Old 11-01-2017, 02:47 PM
WSI High Priest

In the ST renewal email I received this afternoon, the FAQ section stated that the Sox are willing to accommodate ANY size ticket package you want -- even if it doesn't match the pre-set tiers they've chosen. Sounds like the team is willing to be flexible and will work with you if you are interested (see below).

Q: Can I still have a 27 or 14 game plan?
A: Yes! We can find a way to provide you with any number of games. Whether you want to have 14, 27 or 70, we can make it happen. When you are renewing your season ticket plan we would suggest choosing the closest plan for the number of games you would like

277-241.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:26 PM
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner

How much is a full season plan and what are some of the STH perks?

Joe Flacco Super Bowl 47 Champion and MVP
Joe Flacco First Rookie QB to win 2 games in his first playoff.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:32 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
How much is a full season plan and what are some of the STH perks?
You get the pleasure of eating a lot of unused tickets!

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 11-02-2017, 10:11 AM
WSI Prelate

Season tickets for me has always been more of the benefit of the "what if?".

What if the team gets into postseason? I want first crack of those postseason tickets.

My group has always had 81 games.

But I like what they are offering for those looking to get playoff tickets. Now the requirement is 20 vs 27 games. That's huge.

Those who normally get the old Ozzie plan (or whatever the 13 games is called today), go for that 20 plan. Especially know this team will start getting good here soon.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:45 AM
WSI Personality

I have full ST right now but that 20 game plan is very tempting. It would be nice to get two ALDS games but getting two ALCS, one ALDS, AND a WS game is quite the deal.

It also looks like you can get one additional playoff ticket for each season ticket. If that includes the WS then it's a no-brainer in the 2019/2020 seasons.

My favorite season ticket holder perk is the end of the season box with most of the giveaways. Lots of good giveaways this season (Hawk clock, decent quality Hawaiian shirt, etc) but also quite a few items that are just ok. This year they allowed ST holders to also get the special edition giveaways for $150. That box was OK, lots of cool hats like Sox cowboy hat, Beatles, and Jimmy Buffett hats but it did not include the Game of Thrones bobble head or any of the Thursday t-shirt giveaways.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:00 PM
WSI High Priest

I have done a 7-game plan the past three seasons. If the 10-game package allows me to choose 300-level seats, then I will be ecstatic about the switch. The 7-game package did not offer 300-level seats.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
I have done a 7-game plan the past three seasons. If the 10-game package allows me to choose 300-level seats, then I will be ecstatic about the switch. The 7-game package did not offer 300-level seats.
What he said!

SMO
Old 11-28-2017, 08:26 PM
WSI Personality

I have until Saturday to decide to renew. I had the 27 game weekend plan as it worked best for me but now has moved to basically ever Saturday game with Friday games sprinkled in. I honestly donít like the change. For 7 less games Iím paying about the same for my seats and Friday games I usually canít attend. I also hate eating tickets cause obviously they donít have tons of resale value even though my seats are first row off the field. Just not sure if this team will be that good anytime soon.