White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2017, 12:49 AM
WSI Regular

The Nationals gift wrapped this game to the cubs. What a pathetic performance. A 4-1 lead pissed away by Geo, along with craptastic defense.

Goodbye Dusty. I see this being his last game as the Nationals manager.

The Nationals should be embarrassed by this.

CUBS SUCK

White Sox Fans, knowing more about baseball and the cubs than their own fans since 1901.
WSI Prelate

Great game, even if it was seeing how Dusty and Joe could outdo themselves. I was rooting for the Nats, but as a silver lining, I get to sell parking and make $100 per home game next round.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
WSI Prelate

I donít trust the dodgers either, but I am not sure about the cubs after this series.

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:06 AM
WSI Guru

Cubs are now 4-0 in elimination games last two years, that's not all luck or teams falling apart against them. Have to give them some credit, these ****ers do not quit.

Now the good news is they have blown up their pitching staff and should be dead tired...Wednesday in Chicago, Thursday in Washington, Friday in Los Angeles.

Given all that though, the Dodgers better damn well win the first two games of the series at home, the LAST thing they want is a Cub split and the next three in Wrigley.

Goodbye Dusty you ****ing *******.

God obviously is a Cub fan.

Last edited by Lip Man 1; 10-13-2017 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:16 AM
WSI Guru

From the Washington Post:

"Four straight Cubs reached base in unconventional ways, some known only to true baseball seam heads ó an intentional walk, a strikeout with a passed ball (about which there was some controversy), catcherís interference and a hit batsman. The website baseball-reference.com has 2.73 million half-innings in its database. None of them contain those four events ó let alone from four consecutive hitters.The things that happened Thursday night, they havenít happened in the history of baseball."
Old 10-13-2017, 02:12 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Davis walks back-to-back hitters to open the inning, and Lind grounds into a double play on the first pitch. Inexcusable. The hit would have tied the game had Lind done his job and moved the runners over. Instead, itís likely to be a day late and a dollar short.
That Lind DP was the coffin nail for the Nats. Davis wasn't close on anything to the first two hitters. He had absolutely nothing. To just weakly swing at the 1st pitch was inexcusable. I was extra upset because it was Sox Killer Adam Lind who ALWAYS came through against the Sox with late inning HRs.

On a side note, that was one of the worst replay overturns ive ever seen. It's supposed to be "clear and direct" evidence to overturn. I saw nothing clear in the replay angles. The Midas touch the Cubs have right now is incredible. 99 times out of 100, that replay is not overturned.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 10-13-2017, 03:31 AM
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest

Dusty Baker's teams really have a tendency to implode when it matters most. I get that he can get his teams into the playoffs, but why any organization would think he's going to be the guy that gets them into anything beyond the first round is beyond me.

Go Sox!!!
Old 10-13-2017, 07:13 AM
WSI Church Elder

The Nationals were what we thought they were. The Dodgers have to be better than this.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:41 AM
WSI Personality

Was hoping against hope that the law of averages would be with the Nats. Extremely disappointed in their performance. Cubs find a way to win in spite of their manager.

Dodgers seem to have that "it" factor this year but at this point I can't bet against the Cubs. They get it done time after time. Hardest baseball year ever. This nightmare just won't end.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:55 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
That Lind DP was the coffin nail for the Nats. Davis wasn't close on anything to the first two hitters. He had absolutely nothing. To just weakly swing at the 1st pitch was inexcusable. I was extra upset because it was Sox Killer Adam Lind who ALWAYS came through against the Sox with late inning HRs.

On a side note, that was one of the worst replay overturns ive ever seen. It's supposed to be "clear and direct" evidence to overturn. I saw nothing clear in the replay angles. The Midas touch the Cubs have right now is incredible. 99 times out of 100, that replay is not overturned.
Counter karma? Year of crap have finally given them a good stretch.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:04 AM
WSI Church Elder

This loss was on many of the Nats, but Weiters is a huge culprit. The passed balls and wild pitches that scored 3 of the Cubs runs would not have happened with a competent back stop. Trying to back hand a 56 footer with a runner on 3rd led to a run, and the dropped 3rd strike getting through the wickets leading to two runs (even though Baez should have been out due to catcher interference). You have to drop down and smother the ball in both of those instances.

H2H1 Champion 2011, 2012
Dynasty Runner up 2012
Old 10-13-2017, 09:21 AM
WSI High Priest

What? The Nationals failed to make it out of the Division Series round? No way! I'm shocked, utterly shocked! Anyone who thought the Nats had a good chance of winning yesterday put to much trusty in Dusty.

I can't be too mad at the Nats, though, since they gave us Giolito, Lopez, and Dunning for Eaton last winter.

Now, GO DODGERS! Please L.A., make this stop, make it go away!

White Sox Baseball 2011-2016*
Passion!
Pride!
Tradition!

*except for 3 months in mid 2012 and 5 weeks in early 2016
Old 10-13-2017, 09:23 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Cubs are now 4-0 in elimination games last two years, that's not all luck or teams falling apart against them. Have to give them some credit, these ****ers do not quit.
3 years in a row in the NLCS for the Cubs. As you said, that isn't luck.

Our team hasn't even made the playoffs 2 years in a row....ever!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:34 AM
WSI Regular

Hot topic this morning on MLB Network Radio is the catchers interference to allow those runs to score.

According to the exact rule, the ball is dead and none of the runs should have scored. The batter was out on the 3rd strike and the inning would have been over. The explanation that the umpire gave to Weiters and the media was incorrect. It was not a judgment call but specifically stated in the rule. If the catcher is struck by the bat, the batter is out (swinging strike 3) and the ball is dead. MLB Network Radio is specifically stating that this rule exists to prevent runners advancing on a play where the catcher is knocked unconscious from a bat to the head.

On top of that, the replay overturn on the pick-up was confusing. I found no clear cut evidence to overturn the call on the field. I watched multiple replay angles and still didn't see a definitive view.

The cubs pulled a rabbit out of their hat for this game.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:36 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
3 years in a row in the NLCS for the Cubs. As you said, that isn't luck.

Our team hasn't even made the playoffs 2 years in a row....ever!
It sucks, but thats a good team. That is what a sustainable winner looks like, well, truth be told, both of those teams.

Playoffs can be a crapshoot, Washington easily could won that series. But getting there gives you a chance.