White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 07:31 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Guillen had a horrible eye for talent.
DeWayne Wise, Rob Mackowiak, Darin Erstad and Mark Kotsay all resent that remark.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:45 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
DeWayne Wise, Rob Mackowiak, Darin Erstad and Mark Kotsay all resent that remark.
Jerry Owens resembles that remark!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:12 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post
I don't think anyone is in favor of having Ozzie back managing this team, or even on the Sox payroll in anything more than a superficial capacity, but I would be ASTONISHED if, when the 2005 World Series team is honored, "half the crowd is booing him." I'd go so far as to say his ovation will be one of the biggest - mark my words.

I don't wish to come off as an Ozzie apologist - I got as pissed off as anyone with his antics on and off the field - but in a town as starved for baseball success as this one, 2005 stockpiled for him a ton of goodwill, and time heals a lot of wounds.
I have to disagree with this. His ovation will not be one of the biggest and it'll be the only one that includes boos.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:49 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFanCPA View Post
I have to disagree with this. His ovation will not be one of the biggest and it'll be the only one that includes boos.
I agree. There are many Sox fans that dislike him.
If he is brought back to commemorate the 05 World Series team, I would think that the fans would be respectful and not boo. If he is booed, one can only imagine his comments after he is asked about it.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:14 PM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFanCPA View Post
I would hope not. The celebration of 2005 should not have even an ounce of negativity. Regardless of your hate for Guillen, I would hope that sensible people would be able to set it aside for one night to acknowledge the only Chicago World Series championship that anyone under the age of 98 has been alive to witness. Love him or hate him, Guillen is and always will be a major part of that season. Save the negativity for any other time that he shows his face in Chicago.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:42 PM
WSI Guru

Ozzie's activities with the White Sox speak for themselves, both positively and negatively.

I think it's for the best that he not work for the organization ever again. If they want to have some sort of 10-year reunion thing for the 2005 club next year, Ozzie should be a part of that. He earned that. But a job in the organization? No.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 07-21-2014, 03:51 PM
WSI High Priest

Sully's pushing a return of some kind in the Trib. Says he's cozy with JR again.
I'm telling you why,
Santa Claus is dead.
---Smothers Brothers
Aw, Merry Christmas anyway.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:28 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Ozzie's activities with the White Sox speak for themselves, both positively and negatively.

I think it's for the best that he not work for the organization ever again. If they want to have some sort of 10-year reunion thing for the 2005 club next year, Ozzie should be a part of that. He earned that. But a job in the organization? No.
I agree with this. If they do something for the 10th anniversary, Ozzie should a part of that and should be treated with respect. After all, Guillen is the only Chicago baseball manager to win a World Series since 1917. That means something.

But this doesn't mean he should be a part of the organization. He burned bridges and it is time to move on. If this team ever wants to have a enduring winning tradition, it will not be able to do it with Ozzie Guillen.