White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 12:10 PM
WSI Personality

Default Ozzie Guillen Wants Back In White Sox Family

Link

Sounds like he's been humbled a bit. But I for one have not forgotten how he quit on us and couldn't wait to leave town.

As far as I'm concerned, he can stay in Colombia and watch bull fights next winter too. I wouldn't miss him a bit.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:19 PM
WSI High Priest

No thank you. (1) He is a quitter (2) He managed a bullpen and lineup as badly as Ventura and (3) I will never forget the way he would rip apart Sox fans.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
No thank you. (1) He is a quitter (2) He managed a bullpen and lineup as badly as Ventura and (3) I will never forget the way he would rip apart Sox fans.
Exactly how I feel.
I'm ok with seeing you around at Sox Fest or at games and being an ambassador but I don't ever want to see him managing the team again.

He can only blame himself for what happened.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Like it or not, after Paulie, I think Ozzie will be next to have his number retired.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Like it or not, after Paulie, I think Ozzie will be next to have his number retired.
That's fine. He deserves is.
Which may be the real reason he is really trying to make amends.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

There's no doubt Ozzie was an assbag at times (okay, often), but in my book, 2005 gives him a free pass for a lot of that stuff. If saying so puts me in the minority around here, I can live with that.

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"
Old 07-17-2014, 01:56 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post
There's no doubt Ozzie was an assbag at times (okay, often), but in my book, 2005 gives him a free pass for a lot of that stuff. If saying so puts me in the minority around here, I can live with that.
Agree. I don't think it's a good idea to have Ozzie on the field staff, he's had his run with the team. He had a messier exit than many managers, but they all leave or get fired anyway.

But I think he has a place with the Sox in some capacity. Hopefully the Miami experience has made him a bit humbler.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:52 PM
WSI Prelate

**** Ozzie Guillen.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:39 PM
WSI High Priest

Shocking that Joe Cowley would write such story. I guess he still has a job after all.

As for Ozzie, whatever. His unearned money from the Marlins will be drying up soon. He's need to be paid somehow...
Old 07-17-2014, 03:40 PM
WSI Personality

It would not surprise me one bit if Ozzie was brought back to manage the White Sox. Baseball is a business. The objective of any business is to make money. The White Sox drew over 2 million fans seven years in a row between 2005-2011. They have not drawn over 2 million people since Ozzie left. I think he was wrong leaving to go to Miami. We all make mistakes. So be it. Ozzie was always in the news when he was the manager here. That's not the case with Ventura. Looking back at the 2012 season, the White Sox were up by 3 games with 12 games to go. The team collapsed under Ventura. I would of rather had Ozzie as our manager during that stretch. As a matter of fact, I would of fired Ventura after that collapse and replaced him with Ozzie. If things don't turn around here by next season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ozzie back in the dugout as White Sox manager.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:48 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
It would not surprise me one bit if Ozzie was brought back to manage the White Sox. Baseball is a business. The objective of any business is to make money. The White Sox drew over 2 million fans seven years in a row between 2005-2011. They have not drawn over 2 million people since Ozzie left. I think he was wrong leaving to go to Miami. We all make mistakes. So be it. Ozzie was always in the news when he was the manager here. That's not the case with Ventura. Looking back at the 2012 season, the White Sox were up by 3 games with 12 games to go. The team collapsed under Ventura. I would of rather had Ozzie as our manager during that stretch. As a matter of fact, I would of fired Ventura after that collapse and replaced him with Ozzie. If things don't turn around here by next season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ozzie back in the dugout as White Sox manager.
Are you one of the Guillen kids?

The Sox drawing more fans had nothing to do with Ozzie himself. Ozzie was in the news because of his big mouth. He is not a team guy, it is always about him.

As someone already posted, he is not any better than Ventura at managing his pitching staff or even his lineup. I rather have Ventura who is not a loud mouth. Seems like the locker room is a much better place without Ozzie.

Kenny Williams will not allow Ozzie to come back to manage, even if he is no longer the GM.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:00 PM
WSI Personality

I'm not going to stand on my high horse and be bitter and unforgiving towards Ozzie. There's no point. He made his mistakes, they caught up to him, and hopefully he's learned from them.

Next year will be the 10 year anniversary of winning the world series and I'd be the first to stand up and cheer for him if he walks back on the field to be recognized for his role in it.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:16 PM
WSI High Priest

We're all happy for his contributions to the World Series, that's not the issue. That doesn't excuse the years of profanity laced rants, throwing fans under the bus, constant issues with his kids via social media, issues with the front office, critical comments about social issues and Americans, and basically quitting on the team in 2011. He didn't want to be here in 2011 and the team played like it. I don't need to hear anymore comments or press conferences from this guy. 8 years was more than enough.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:25 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
Kenny Williams will not allow Ozzie to come back to manage, even if he is no longer the GM.
Yeah exactly there's no way those two are both in the org. ever again at the same time, so all of this is a moot issue. I'm sure Ozzie would love to be in the good graces of an organization that is so ridiculously loyal to a fault, but I cannot see how it would happen.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrike2000 View Post
We're all happy for his contributions to the World Series, that's not the issue. That doesn't excuse the years of profanity laced rants, throwing fans under the bus, constant issues with his kids via social media, issues with the front office, critical comments about social issues and Americans, and basically quitting on the team in 2011. He didn't want to be here in 2011 and the team played like it. I don't need to hear anymore comments or press conferences from this guy. 8 years was more than enough.
Thats just it. Ozzie did earn the right to be on the field when they honor the world series team. Ozzie did earn the right to have his jersey retired. And during these events, when half of the crowd is booing him, he earned that too.