White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 10:47 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Default Family Field Day & Garage Sale Saturday 6.21

Tickets remain available for one-hour sessions to Family Field Day, between 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. The cost of admission to a session is $30 per adult and $12 per child. The Garage Sale is open from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. and admission is free.

visit whitesoxcharities.org to purchase Family Field Day tickets. Tickets also will be available at the Gate 2 ticket window on the day of the event.
All proceeds benefiting White Sox Charities.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 06-20-2014, 11:20 AM
WSI Personality

You think there will be any bobbleheads at the garage sale? I have been to 2 in the past that had them but this email I got from them didn't mention any.
  • Jerseys starting at $10
  • Bats starting at $25
  • Cleats starting at $50
  • Baseball Pants $10
  • Lineup Cards starting at $75
  • Game Used Baseballs $10
  • Autographed Baseballs starting at $15
  • Set of 5 Comiskey Park seats for $1000
Old 06-20-2014, 11:26 AM
WSI Regular

They should have some. Usually good deals too.

I wonder who's jersey is $10. I got a pair of the '83 style pants for $10. Rocking good deal!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:48 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Sox_Summer View Post
I wonder who's jersey is $10.
Ramon Troncoso? Brian Bruney? Ray Olmedo? The possibilities at that price range are endless.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 06-20-2014, 02:06 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Ramon Troncoso? Brian Bruney? Ray Olmedo? The possibilities at that price range are endless.
Good guesses. The cheapest I have ever seen for an on the field jersey is $50. Sadly they don't have FGF (fat guy friendly) sizes at that price.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:34 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Good guesses. The cheapest I have ever seen for an on the field jersey is $50. Sadly they don't have FGF (fat guy friendly) sizes at that price.
You'd be surprised. I did find an authentic FGF Mark Parent jersey for $20 last year. I can't button every button, but as long as I wear it open, I'm cool.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:34 PM
WSI High Priest

I will be there tomorrow with the family. I went in 2007 on my 30th bday and was pretty cool. Hope to get a new family picture.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:06 PM
WSI Guru

Anyone else go to the festivities today? We went to the 9:30 session and had a good time. The rain fortunately held off. The Sox do the Family Field Day part of the event the right way. This is the first time back since 2005 for this, and it was a bit more crowded, but just as fun.

I'm always intrigued by how short Bossard keeps the grass in the outfield. After playing catch with my boy at the park district fields, watching the ball take a true bounce off Bossard's grass is amazing. In fact, I felt bad walking on the grass it was so perfect. The Sox have plenty of staff to guide everyone around and help take photographs. They also had staff from Bulls-Sox Academy helping the kids hit off the tees against the outfield wall. Southpaw was there too, which was a hit.

The Garage Sale portion was a zoo when we snuck through around 10:30. There were a couple of things I was going to get off the cheap table, but the line to check-out at that point literally looked like 175 people and wasn't moving at all. No matter how great a deal a Brent Lillibridge $1 signed photo is (and it is awesome, even more awesome than the $1 Kosuke Fukodome autograped photo), it's not worth waiting an hour to pay for it. I'm sure there's a sweet spot in either getting there super early or super late to avoid the checkout line, but way too many people to justify any fun deals to be had. I noticed Konerko's road grey jersey. Wife asked "how much does something like that cost?". Showed her the tag...$1500.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 06-21-2014, 10:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Bought a handful of good game-used items at the Garage Sale today -- a Konerko helmet for $200, Konerko spikes for $75, a Ventura hat for $50 and a Danks camouflage-emblem hat for $50.

For the first time, there was a lot of spikes available. Most were $50 apiece. Prices were a little more reasonable this year on jerseys, though Konerkos were in fact $1,500 and Sales were $1,000. Bats were decently priced, too, for the most part. The only one I saw from this season was an Eaton bat for $150. The usual large garbage can of balls was present. Almost all were on balls tipped or fouled to the back of the screen, but one collector checked the hologram number on dozens of balls and found a couple balls that went for hits.

Saw many new faces this year and lines were indeed long for at least the first two-plus hours. People were in a buying mood.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

I went and Bought a couple mystery bags and a few other odds and ends like the Fukudome $1 photo. The bubbleheads I saw were Ramirez, Baines, and Konerko. Any others they had were gone by the time I got there. I also saw Pierce and Fisk statues. The line to check out was indeed long but moved very quickly around 11:15-11:30.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

10$ brand new on field hat, great deal.

They need to sort or at least spread out the lineup cards/scorecards so the same two people don't monopolize the pile for 30+ minutes looking for a specific game from 4 years ago.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:00 PM
WSI Regular

I got there at 7:30 am, I was one of the first 35 or so people. By the time it opened the line was close to gate 4. I can't justify getting there earlier as I am usually only going for bobbles. That said- if you do get there really early, what are you going for?

They didn't have much for bobbles - plenty of Baines, Kittle, Konerko, Thomas statue, Pierce statue and Mark Buehrle. They had a few Luzinski, Faust, Mags, Alex Rios minis, a couple different mini Southpaws. Nothing like last year, but decent prices. Once again the harder to find ones were priced less than you see on Ebay, while stuff that is all over Ebay was higher priced. Very weird, but people bought them like crazy.

I thought the best $1 items were the autographed Ron Karkovice (with the rec-specs) glossy pics and some Thomas glossy pics. $10 on field hats were a great steal too. I stayed away from the jerseys, just too many people over there and they usually just walk in front of you.

Good day for the Sox. They do a decent job running the event and dealing with the collectors. No line for me checking out, but it was about 9:30am. My advice- get there early and bring a bag to hold your stuff while you walk around.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:18 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I got there at 7:30 am, I was one of the first 35 or so people. By the time it opened the line was close to gate 4. I can't justify getting there earlier as I am usually only going for bobbles. That said- if you do get there really early, what are you going for?

They didn't have much for bobbles - plenty of Baines, Kittle, Konerko, Thomas statue, Pierce statue and Mark Buehrle. They had a few Luzinski, Faust, Mags, Alex Rios minis, a couple different mini Southpaws. Nothing like last year, but decent prices. Once again the harder to find ones were priced less than you see on Ebay, while stuff that is all over Ebay was higher priced. Very weird, but people bought them like crazy.

I thought the best $1 items were the autographed Ron Karkovice (with the rec-specs) glossy pics and some Thomas glossy pics. $10 on field hats were a great steal too. I stayed away from the jerseys, just too many people over there and they usually just walk in front of you.

Good day for the Sox. They do a decent job running the event and dealing with the collectors. No line for me checking out, but it was about 9:30am. My advice- get there early and bring a bag to hold your stuff while you walk around.
Damn, that was the one i was shooting for. I got there at 8:15. I was well back in line from you. I got the alexi one and frank thomas statue, all was not lost.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Did anyone actually buy the seats? $1,000...that's a nice chunk of coin!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:48 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
Did anyone actually buy the seats? $1,000...that's a nice chunk of coin!
Don't know how many sets of seats there were to begin with, but I got into the patio area around 10:15 and there were two sets left marked at $500 each.

0-0