White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-09-2014, 10:46 PM
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 23,578
Default *Official* 6/9 Exhale Everyone Postgame Thread

Missed most of this one, but I guess I should be grateful for missing the stress of the ninth.
__________________
Bullpen wanted
Good arms now being accepted at 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Boondock Saint Boondock Saint is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Joliet
Posts: 19,102
Default

I don't care if he comes from the minors, I don't care if he comes from the scrap heap, I don't care if he's 19 and I don't care if he's 39, but the Sox absolutely have to get a replacement for Alejandro De Aza. He is a minus at the plate, he is a minus on the basepaths, and he is a minus in the field. There is a guy somewhere who is at the very least not a minus at one of those things.
__________________
Rock over London. Rock on, Chicago.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2014, 11:01 PM
slavko slavko is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: North Suburban
Posts: 5,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
I don't care if he comes from the minors, I don't care if he comes from the scrap heap, I don't care if he's 19 and I don't care if he's 39, but the Sox absolutely have to get a replacement for Alejandro De Aza. He is a minus at the plate, he is a minus on the basepaths, and he is a minus in the field. There is a guy somewhere who is at the very least not a minus at one of those things.
He's dangerous to others as well as himself. Memories of Podsednik or Ralph Garr on that fly ball. But they could hit and run the bases. Flowers has reverted with the bat and is too lazy to move his body to block pitches behind the plate. Could use a new guy there too.

How many of us wrote the game off after the first two batters in the 9th?
__________________
Ya Ta Hey, Black Crow.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2014, 11:07 PM
shingo10 shingo10 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
He's dangerous to others as well as himself. Memories of Podsednik or Ralph Garr on that fly ball. But they could hit and run the bases. Flowers has reverted with the bat and is too lazy to move his body to block pitches behind the plate. Could use a new guy there too.

How many of us wrote the game off after the first two batters in the 9th?

I did not see this ending well after those 2 plays. There has been some curious decisions this year by Robin (to say the least) but replacing Tank with Sierra seemed to be a good move. And then he loses one in the lights. Just can't win sometimes. De Aza's play was ridiculous. He has no business being out there and we are extremely lucky it didn't cost us the ballgame.

Caught a huge break with the call against Kinsler and then Hunter who usually lives to break our hearts grounds out. WHEW.

Never easy but always entertaining.
__________________
TWTW
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,930
Blog Entries: 2
Default

They could play L Garcia in the OF in late innings. He's going to be our super utility guy and could use some OF work.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2014, 11:44 PM
24thStFan 24thStFan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,221
Post

Just saw Eaton's running catch in the gap! Can't remember the last time I saw a Sox outfielder with such skill.

Like Hawk said, "beautiful catch, beautiful jump, beautiful route".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-10-2014, 12:04 AM
soxfanreggie soxfanreggie is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Normal, IL/Sarasota, FL
Posts: 10,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24thStFan View Post
Just saw Eaton's running catch in the gap! Can't remember the last time I saw a Sox outfielder with such skill.

Like Hawk said, "beautiful catch, beautiful jump, beautiful route".
Perhaps he's the new One-Dog!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-10-2014, 12:06 AM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24thStFan View Post
Just saw Eaton's running catch in the gap! Can't remember the last time I saw a Sox outfielder with such skill.

Like Hawk said, "beautiful catch, beautiful jump, beautiful route".
Brian Anderson was as good as anyone getting quick jumps on balls.

Too bad the guy couldn't hit with a banjo.

As mentioned here, the Sox need to find another OF. Those two defensive replacements for the corners are not any better than if you play Dunn in LF and Viciedo in RF late in games.

Just awful.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-10-2014, 12:20 AM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
I did not see this ending well after those 2 plays. There has been some curious decisions this year by Robin (to say the least) but replacing Tank with Sierra seemed to be a good move. And then he loses one in the lights. Just can't win sometimes. De Aza's play was ridiculous. He has no business being out there and we are extremely lucky it didn't cost us the ballgame.

Caught a huge break with the call against Kinsler
and then Hunter who usually lives to break our hearts grounds out. WHEW.

Never easy but always entertaining.
Maybe, but Eaton was called out on a very similar pitch earlier in the game. I would have been pissed had the ump not given Belisario that call.

Nice win today. I don't want to say this is a big series, because I don't think the Tigers will give a **** if they happen to lose it. But I do think it's important the Sox hold their own. They haven't done well against Detroit the last few years, and what better time than the present to start being more competitive against these guys?

I was glad to see Noesi throw strikes tonight. Yeah, he gave up three homers, but he only walked one. He was going after the hitters, and that's what I want to see.
__________________
JB's attendance record:
2004: 14-5; 2005: 16-8; 2006: 19-10; 2007: 8-12; 2008: 15-7; 2009: 6-13; 2010: 12-11; 2011: 9-8; 2012: 11-7; 2013: 8-9; 2014: 7-9; Total: 125-99.
Next game: April 2015

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-10-2014, 12:22 AM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Brian Anderson was as good as anyone getting quick jumps on balls.

Too bad the guy couldn't hit with a banjo.

As mentioned here, the Sox need to find another OF. Those two defensive replacements for the corners are not any better than if you play Dunn in LF and Viciedo in RF late in games.

Just awful.
I'll defend Sierra to a point. I think he's better than Viciedo defensively and should continue to replace him when the Sox have the lead in the late innings. That said, he won't be winning any Gold Gloves out there. It's just that Viciedo is so awful that you'd rather have anybody else in RF. That play in the ninth, well, Sierra lost it in the lights. You can't catch what you can't see. It was a bad break for the Sox.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 AM
RCWHITESOX's Avatar
RCWHITESOX RCWHITESOX is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Placentia, California
Posts: 1,022
Disagree

The Sox were very fortunate to win this game after giving the Tigers five outs in the inning. Both plays in the outfield were bad but DeAza's was little league at best. Why he is still on this roster is something I just can't understand. I have no idea who might be available but just about anyone would be better than keeping him on this roster.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-10-2014, 03:39 AM
TDog TDog is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Modesto, California
Posts: 16,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
The Sox were very fortunate to win this game after giving the Tigers five outs in the inning. Both plays in the outfield were bad but DeAza's was little league at best. Why he is still on this roster is something I just can't understand. I have no idea who might be available but just about anyone would be better than keeping him on this roster.
Were the Tigers unfortunate to lose considering the the defense they played tonight?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-10-2014, 06:20 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,172
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Maybe, but Eaton was called out on a very similar pitch earlier in the game. I would have been pissed had the ump not given Belisario that call.
Yeah, people here are acting like Belisario bounced Strike 3 into the plate or something; not only was it a very close pitch that you would assume a hitter should be at least trying to foul off in a 2-Strike protect mode, Pitch FX thinks it was a strike:

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-10-2014, 06:37 AM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 5,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
I did not see this ending well after those 2 plays. There has been some curious decisions this year by Robin (to say the least) but replacing Tank with Sierra seemed to be a good move. And then he loses one in the lights. Just can't win sometimes. De Aza's play was ridiculous. He has no business being out there and we are extremely lucky it didn't cost us the ballgame.

Caught a huge break with the call against Kinsler and then Hunter who usually lives to break our hearts grounds out. WHEW.

Never easy but always entertaining.
Somebody call Brooks Boyer- this is a perfect slogan for our 2014 White Sox-
__________________
TomBradley72
http://sabr.org/bioproj/person/334c0314
2014 Record: 2-3
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 AM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 5,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
The Sox were very fortunate to win this game after giving the Tigers five outs in the inning. Both plays in the outfield were bad but DeAza's was little league at best. Why he is still on this roster is something I just can't understand. I have no idea who might be available but just about anyone would be better than keeping him on this roster.
Very little help at AAA/AA- Jordan Danks is starting to heat up at Charlotte- really no other options in the system- unless we want to give Semian OJT in LF at the major league level.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.