White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-15-2014, 10:34 PM
soxnut1018 soxnut1018 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,691
Default

Sox win home field advantage!

__________________
"Occasionally I will rock our scouts with a little quote or two from Lil Wayne. No one can put together a phrase better than that gentleman." -Bears GM Phil Emery
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:47 AM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
So is the ASG at the Cell (or successor) in 2029 or 2033?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
If it's not there on the 100th anniversary, that's a big injustice.
Yep, i expect the ASG to return to the South Side in 2033 for the 100th anniversary of the game. Plus, it will have been 30 years since the Sox last hosted at that point and it would be about time for their turn to come up again.

That's a long ways off, though. 19 years from now.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-16-2014, 09:23 AM
hoosiersoxfan hoosiersoxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Streeterville
Posts: 1,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Yep, i expect the ASG to return to the South Side in 2033 for the 100th anniversary of the game. Plus, it will have been 30 years since the Sox last hosted at that point and it would be about time for their turn to come up again.

That's a long ways off, though. 19 years from now.
I'm not so sure the anniversary will mean anything. You would think with the 100 year Wrigley anniversary they would have played the Allstar game there recently and the Cubs haven't hosted since 1990
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-16-2014, 09:30 AM
TDog TDog is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Modesto, California
Posts: 16,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiersoxfan View Post
I'm not so sure the anniversary will mean anything. You would think with the 100 year Wrigley anniversary they would have played the Allstar game there recently and the Cubs haven't hosted since 1990
The 50th anniversary, of course, meant something. But that was the same ballpark. If the Sox are still playing at 35th and Shields, the 100th anniversary will probably mean something.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiersoxfan View Post
I'm not so sure the anniversary will mean anything. You would think with the 100 year Wrigley anniversary they would have played the Allstar game there recently and the Cubs haven't hosted since 1990
But other teams have waited longer than the Cubs for their turn - many with new ballparks that have yet to host an ASG. The Twins last hosted in '85 and next year's host (Cincinnati) hasn't hosted since '88. In the NL, Miami has never hosted. The Nationals haven't hosted since moving to Washington. Philly and San Diego haven't hosted a game in their new park. San Diego last hosted in '92 and Philly in '96 - so their wait has been slightly shorter than the Cubs.

So, I think it's still fair to say that the Cubs "turn" hasn't come up yet and I bet Selig & Co. are eager to award ASGs to places like Washington and Miami that have built new ballparks and have yet to host a game (Washington last hosted the ASG in '69 when the Rangers still played there).

2033 is a long ways off, but after 30 years since their last game, it would be fair to guess at this point that other teams have had their turn hosting before it comes back to the Sox.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Moses_Scurry Moses_Scurry is offline
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 2,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
But other teams have waited longer than the Cubs for their turn - many with new ballparks that have yet to host an ASG. The Twins last hosted in '85 and next year's host (Cincinnati) hasn't hosted since '88. In the NL, Miami has never hosted. The Nationals haven't hosted since moving to Washington. Philly and San Diego haven't hosted a game in their new park. San Diego last hosted in '92 and Philly in '96 - so their wait has been slightly shorter than the Cubs.

So, I think it's still fair to say that the Cubs "turn" hasn't come up yet and I bet Selig & Co. are eager to award ASGs to places like Washington and Miami that have built new ballparks and have yet to host a game (Washington last hosted the ASG in '69 when the Rangers still played there).

2033 is a long ways off, but after 30 years since their last game, it would be fair to guess at this point that other teams have had their turn hosting before it comes back to the Sox.
I'm guessing the cubs will get it if or when their remodeling is completed and not before. It would be dumb to give them the game in their current home, have them complete the remodeling a year or 2 later, and then have to wait 20+ years to showcase the improvements.
__________________
What is Mind? -- Doesn't Matter!
What is Matter? -- Never Mind!
-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.