White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 01:38 PM
WSI Regular

Its a damn shame PK isn't starting. Give the fans what they want and let PK have his final opening day.

Anyway you know he will come in as a PH and get a rousing ovation....
Old 03-30-2014, 02:24 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
Its a damn shame PK isn't starting. Give the fans what they want and let PK have his final opening day.

Anyway you know he will come in as a PH and get a rousing ovation....
From what I'm reading, it was just as much Paulie's decision as it was Robin's.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

If it were up to me, I'd start him, and after the game I'd cut him.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:11 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
If it were up to me, I'd start him, and after the game I'd cut him.
Good for you. That isn't happening. That isn't how you treat people. That would be complete bull**** if the Sox did that.

As if what they did to Fisk wasn't bad enough. People still haven't forgotten that, and it's been over 20 years.

And LOL at Tribune web headlines talking about how Konerko was "benched." Well, duh. He's a bench player now. Was Leury Garcia "benched" for Opening Day as well?

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 03-30-2014, 05:50 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Good for you. That isn't happening. That isn't how you treat people. That would be complete bull**** if the Sox did that.

As if what they did to Fisk wasn't bad enough. People still haven't forgotten that, and it's been over 20 years.

And LOL at Tribune web headlines talking about how Konerko was "benched." Well, duh. He's a bench player now. Was Leury Garcia "benched" for Opening Day as well?
Right? It'd be hilarious to see his baseball team try to sign free agents.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:04 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
I didn't want to see Adam Dunn hit less than .200 in his career with the White Sox while striking out in more than a third of his at bats. But that's what I saw. If your batting average is less than .200 and you strike out in less than one -third of your at bats, you are hurting the team far more than you are helping it, unless you are a defensive wizard or a pretty good pitcher.

If you can find a stat that shows that a player is strong offensively while hitting less than .220 and striking out in numbers unprecedented among everyday hitters in the history of major league baseball, the bias, even prejudice is in finding the stat that tells you such a thing. If you watch a lot of baseball, you shouldn't need stats to tell you who looks good and who doesn't. Anyone who has watched the White Sox for the last three seasons, who isn't biased by a strained statistical interpretation of what they saw, can see Dunn has hurt the team offensively. Most everyone who follows the White Sox is counting the days until he is no longer in a Sox uniform.

That being said, Dunn has played in three White Sox openers and homered in two of them. Opening day is just one game, and, statistically, a small sample size.
Nobody has said that he was strong offensively last year. We were the worst offensive team in baseball because Adam Dunn was our best hitter. That's not the same as saying he was strong offensively.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:47 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISoxfan View Post
Nobody has said that he was strong offensively last year. We were the worst offensive team in baseball because Adam Dunn was our best hitter. That's not the same as saying he was strong offensively.
My point is that calling Dunn the best hitter last year is ridiculous and only possible if you have a bias toward the contrived statistics that do not reflect the how much he hurt the team offensively. If the numbers say he was the best offensive player on the team last year.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:24 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
My point is that calling Dunn the best hitter last year is ridiculous and only possible if you have a bias toward the contrived statistics that do not reflect the how much he hurt the team offensively. If the numbers say he was the best offensive player on the team last year.
In short, the stats must be wrong when they suggest that Adam Dunn was better than the rest of the dog**** on the team last year. Maybe it's your bias against Adam Dunn that needs to be reflected upon.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:34 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Right? It'd be hilarious to see his baseball team try to sign free agents.
My team wouldn't have brought him back to begin with. Dude is very lucky to have a job after last year.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:36 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
In short, the stats must be wrong when they suggest that Adam Dunn was better than the rest of the dog**** on the team last year. Maybe it's your bias against Adam Dunn that needs to be reflected upon.
Nate Schierholtz wants his dad back.

Seriously, Dunn has been brutal, but TDogs crusade against Dunn is laughable.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:11 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by canOcorn View Post
Nate Schierholtz wants his dad back.

Seriously, Dunn has been brutal, but TDogs crusade against Dunn is laughable.
Nate Schierholtz playng for the Cubs last year had a higher OPS than Adam Dunn had fir the White Sox. The offseason the Sox signed Dunn, I wrote that Schierholtz would be a better fit becuase they needed a right fielder, and Schierholtz plays a great right field with one of the best arms in the game. But I think other stats better gague a hitter's success or failure.

Dunn's stats don't show that he was the best hitter on the team last year. They show that he hit less than .220 and struck out in almost a third of his at bats.

I hope Dunn has a better season this year, but it's laughable to suggest that Dunn's stats showed he was the best hitter on the White Sox last year.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:00 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
My team wouldn't have brought him back to begin with. Dude is very lucky to have a job after last year.
He hit over .300 vs. LHP's- he's a legitimate platoon DH based on his results last year- but keep trolling for responses to postings about releasing a guy who's #2 or #3 all time in most of the hitting stats and will probably have his number retired after this season.

It's a rebuilding year- and he's not stunting the development of anyone at AA or AAA-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 03-31-2014, 08:09 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Dunn's 2014 suckage starts in a few hours- so the debate on who was the best hitter on a historically bad 2013 White Sox team can end!