White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:35 PM
vinny's Avatar
vinny vinny is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 3,676
Default *Official* "Wild thing, I think I love you" 4/2 post game winner

Well, that turned out OK in the end.
__________________
2013: 4-4
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:37 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,841
Default

Nice come from behind win, let's sweep em!
__________________
Coming up to bat for our White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:39 PM
JermaineDye05 JermaineDye05 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 15,192
Default

Nice to have some players on this team that can run.

Just a weird stat I was wondering about -- when's the last time a player was intentionally walked twice in his second ML game?
__________________


"See you on a dark night."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:39 PM
harwar harwar is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Wisconsin ..
Posts: 3,086
Default

The twins may have given that game away, but there's no quit in these guys .. so refreshing from last year..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:39 PM
soxfan21 soxfan21 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 15 Miles From The Cell
Posts: 1,117
Default

I'll take it! Paulino was missing his spots all day, and jones looked like garbage, other than that and the 2 errors*, I like it.
__________________
WEEKEND HOME: Sec. 115 Row 10
NEXT GAME: June 14
2014 Season Attendance Record: 4-6
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:39 PM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 13,768
Default

Caught this one in the eighth- my useless two cents:

As I said previously, this team is far more exciting to watch than in years past. I don't think getting runs will be a problem for this team. I worry about the defense and bullpen, but we'll finally see some runs up on the board.

Love the speed we have on the basepaths. This win was set up by the speed of Garcia, and the cojones he had in bunting that ball with two strikes.

Not much to complain about after a win, but I dislike that Adam Dunn is in this lineup. Creates holes when it matters, and it showed today when Abreu was walked twice just to get to Dunn in pivotal situations.

Bodes well for Abreu though, as pitchers are already showing him respect and he just had spring training and one game in the bigs to show for it. Small sample size, but the guy obviously holds some promise.

Loved the cameos in the ninth to tie the game.

2-0 feels good. May not last for long, but I have a feeling that we'll get to celebrate a little more this year than in years past.

Come on your palehose!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRy33ukckCs

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Boondock Saint Boondock Saint is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Joliet
Posts: 18,967
Default

Undefeated. Unstoppable.

Our offense has been miles ahead of where they've been the last few years. The kids are stringing together hits with consistency, not waiting for somebody to hit the 12 run homer.

The other side of the coin is that our pitching was atrocious today. I wanted to backhand Hawk when he said that Paulino did a good job. Paulino pitched well enough to give up a five spot on his own against 20 or so other teams.
__________________
Rock over London. Rock on, Chicago.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:41 PM
smac38 smac38 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05 View Post
Just a weird stat I was wondering about -- when's the last time a player was intentionally walked twice in his second ML game?
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 29s
IBB's first tracked in 1955. Jose Abreu is first player during that span with a 2-IBB game within first 2 MLB games
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:42 PM
MISoxfan MISoxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 878
Default

It was nice to have some hits coming from the bench, seems like it's been years since we had a halfway decent bat there.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:42 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,910
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Our offense has been miles ahead of where they've been the last few years. The kids are stringing together hits with consistency, not waiting for somebody to hit the 12 run homer.
Yes, this, I don't know if it's just the new blood in the lineup, a new hitting coach getting his message across, the fact that it's cold and windy so guys are just naturally just trying not to go yard, or the Twins just having a lousy pitching staff but there seems to be a better approach at the plate so far through approximately 60 at bats this season.
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:44 PM
smac38 smac38 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 127
Default

I know it's only game 2, but they really have to reconsider that Abreu/Dunn order. Dunn is the last person I want up in a contact situation, and teams will start to exploit that.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:45 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
Caught this one in the eighth- my useless two cents:

As I said previously, this team is far more exciting to watch than in years past. I don't think getting runs will be a problem for this team. I worry about the defense and bullpen, but we'll finally see some runs up on the board.

Love the speed we have on the basepaths. This win was set up by the speed of Garcia, and the cojones he had in bunting that ball with two strikes.

Not much to complain about after a win, but I dislike that Adam Dunn is in this lineup. Creates holes when it matters, and it showed today when Abreu was walked twice just to get to Dunn in pivotal situations.

Bodes well for Abreu though, as pitchers are already showing him respect and he just had spring training and one game in the bigs to show for it. Small sample size, but the guy obviously holds some promise.

Loved the cameos in the ninth to tie the game.

2-0 feels good. May not last for long, but I have a feeling that we'll get to celebrate a little more this year than in years past.

Come on your palehose!
I am by no means a fan of Adam Dunn, and it's telling that a team would rather face him than Abreu, but Dunn did hit a big home run in the 8th.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
tstrike2000 tstrike2000 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 'Burbs
Posts: 5,977
Default

Wow, that was nice. Garcia bunting on 0-2, crazy. Since we wouldn't of won that game last year, it's an odd but nice feeling because it has been so long.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
MISoxfan MISoxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 878
Default

Pretty sure Abreu was getting walked both times no matter who is batting behind him. He's our best hitter, first base was open, and only the first run counts.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,880
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smac38 View Post
I know it's only game 2, but they really have to reconsider that Abreu/Dunn order. Dunn is the last person I want up in a contact situation, and teams will start to exploit that.
Honestly, I'd move Dunn to like 7th. Semien should not be batting 2nd. Ideally your team's best hitter bats 2nd. Too much pressure on young guy. Move DeAza up there.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.