White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 11:15 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Trade Scenarios

Ok, It's July, let's look at some trade scenarios:

John Danks:

Suitor: New York Yankees
Return: Manny Banuelos? Aaron Judge? JR Murphy?

Suitor: Pittsburgh Pirates
Return: Austin Meadows? Josh Bell (w/ Alexei)? Reece McGuire?

Gordon Beckham:

Suitor: Toronto Blue Jays
Return: Daniel Norris? Roberto Osuna?

Suitor: Los Angeles Dodgers
Return: Chris Withrow?

Dayan Viciedo

Suitor: Seattle Mariners
Return: Austin Wilson? Danny Hultzen?

Adam Dunn

Suitor: Kansas City Royals
Return: Hunter Dozier? Christian Binford?

Alexei Ramirez

Suitor: Seattle Mariners
Return: DJ Peterson?

Suitor: Pittsburgh Pirates
Return: Josh Bell (w/ Danks)?

We have tradable pieces, what are we going to get for them though? The only way I see us grabbing a top 50 prospect is with Alexei/Danks combo, which the best bet is Pittsburgh right?
Old 07-05-2014, 12:13 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTucker0814 View Post
The only way I see us grabbing a top 50 prospect is with Alexei/Danks combo, which the best bet is Pittsburgh right?

Danks being owed 35+M now will lower the return for Ramirez not increase it.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:51 PM
WSI Prelate

Alexei should bring a top 50 prospect or thereabouts. Seattle has the sorriest rh hitters I've ever seen on a ML club. I see why they are mentioned with Viciedo and Alexei. At least for Viciedo, they'd probably want to dump some of their failed prior prospects, of which they are replete.

Danks has one too many years on his contract. Sox would have to kick in $15 mill to make him marketable.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:56 PM
WSI Regular

Why would we trade A. Ramirez. Top 5 ss in baseball at 10 million A year. If we trade him we have white flagged the next 3 years.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryChappas View Post
Why would we trade A. Ramirez. Top 5 ss in baseball at 10 million A year. If we trade him we have white flagged the next 3 years.
Because he is older, and won't keep it up forever. He had 2 hot months and has been a DISASTER in june and so far in july as well. If you can get a top 50, top 60 prospect for him, you do it.

Also, we won't get a return nearly that good for Tank. Rumors have linked us to Brandon Maurer from Mariners, basically, like Tank, another busted out top prospect young enough to be considered for a change of scenery.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:10 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
Because he is older, and won't keep it up forever. He had 2 hot months and has been a DISASTER in june and so far in july as well. If you can get a top 50, top 60 prospect for him, you do it.

Also, we won't get a return nearly that good for Tank. Rumors have linked us to Brandon Maurer from Mariners, basically, like Tank, another busted out top prospect young enough to be considered for a change of scenery.
Considering Tank hasn't turned the corner as someone you would put in a DH slot full time and not wanting to have him in the OF still, I don't think we have a spot for him. I'd rather go out and sign a decent lefty 1B/DH stick if one is available. If not, may have to see if Dunn is available in a team-friendly deal. That's probably a tough proposition though. That does make me wonder what type of deal that he'll get this offseason.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:48 AM
WSI High Priest

C
1B Abreu
DH
2B Beckham/Sanchez/Johnson
3B Davidson/Gillaspie
SS Ramirez
LF
CF Eaton
RF Garcia

LHP Sale
LHP Danks
LHP Quintana
RHP Noesi
RHP

I see next year's team like this right now. The Sox have wide open holes to fill.
I think the most likely scenario is a 2B and LHP get traded for either RHP or power outfielder/DH.

Could see quite a few scenarios if the Sox traded with Toronto. There's a lot of room to swap bad contracts. A lot of complimentary parts on both sides.
Toronto needs 2B. Would consider a LH starter, and could use Dunn or Viciedo's power. Now's a good time to get talking, Encarnacion and Rasmus banged up.

Last edited by balke; 07-06-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:52 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by balke View Post
C
1B Abreu
DH
2B Beckham/Sanchez/Johnson
3B Davidson/Gillaspie
SS Ramirez
LF
CF Eaton
RF Garcia

LHP Sale
LHP Danks
LHP Quintana
RHP Nieto
RHP

I see next year's team like this right now. The Sox have wide open holes to fill.
I think the most likely scenario is a 2B and LHP get traded for either RHP or power outfielder/DH.

Could see quite a few scenarios if the Sox traded with Toronto. There's a lot of room to swap bad contracts. A lot of complimentary parts on both sides.
Toronto needs 2B. Would consider a LH starter, and could use Dunn or Viciedo's power. Now's a good time to get talking, Encarnacion and Rasmus banged up.
Nieto is being converted from catcher to reliever?

H2H1 Champion 2011, 2012
Dynasty Runner up 2012
Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws05champ View Post
Nieto is being converted from catcher to reliever?
Noesi|Nieto
Old 07-06-2014, 10:00 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by balke View Post
Noesi|Nieto
You think Noesi is good enough to stick around in the rotation next season? The Sox will have a lot of holes next offseason to fill, but at least they should have money to spend to fill them.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:10 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
You think Noesi is good enough to stick around in the rotation next season? The Sox will have a lot of holes next offseason to fill, but at least they should have money to spend to fill them.
There's a lot of season left to find out at this point. If he pitches like he has or shows improvement, why not bring him back as the 5th starter? Sox would still have Johnson in the minors as backup and could sign some competition.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:20 AM
WSI Church Elder

I could see the Yankees being suitors for Alexei. I don't know if they have an heir to Jeter in the minors. Alexei could be that guy for the next 5 years or so. This year Alexei could play anywhere in the of, 3b, 2b, and spell Jeter at ss. They may even have interest Danks with Sabathia being down and the fact that money is not an issue with them.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTucker0814 View Post
Ok, It's July, let's look at some trade scenarios:

Adam Dunn

Suitor: Kansas City Royals
Return: Hunter Dozier? Christian Binford?
I think that Dunn could have a couple surprising suitors, both the Reds and Pirates could use a power hitting 1B (if the Reds decide to DL Votto) and SS. If the Sox would throw in a little cash with Dunn, you may get a decent prospect back.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:20 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Considering the spots we have to fill, we may not have two guys to bring into the rotation. If we bring in one, let Noesi, Johnson, Rodon, etc compete for the last spot and focus other FA $ on the glaring holes we have.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:45 PM
WSI Church Elder

With the Yankees getting McCarthy for pretty much nothing, I wonder why the Sox weren't in on that market? Wouldn't McCarthy look good in our #4 spot? Still youngish and right handed and didn't have to give up hardly anything... hmmm...