White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 03-31-2014, 08:59 AM
Milw Milw is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Naperville
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan View Post
Apparently this concept is over your head and it's impossible to get through to you.

It's not about just me. The only long lines I wait in on a semi-regular basis is the Beers of the Midwest line. (10-15 min every time)

My point is not about me. It's about the casual fan and the Sox marketing to bring them in.

These commercials every year aren't for us. They're for the people who haven't ever gone to a game or go infrequently. My point is why put the time and effort into having a marketing campaign when they treat the customer like **** once they get into the gates.

Many people here don't notice this. They've become immune. Or they don't want to notice it. Others have pointed out the varied consistent ways they make every customer seem like an inconvenience.

As I've said before. The Sox can pump all the money they want into ad space, but if the customer (who doesn't know that only 5 people in a line means a 20min wait) leaves unhappy with the customer service, the less likely that customer is to return. This should also be of extra emphasis to them during years they know it's gonna be bad on the field.

It can be several hundred dollars to take a family to a game. The Sox should want to fight for that money, or those dollars will be spent at a place "with no line".
  #77  
Old 03-31-2014, 09:05 AM
Milw Milw is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Naperville
Posts: 927
Default

So to recap the counterarguments of the customer service apologists:

1. There aren't any real service problems at U.S. Cellular Field.
2. If there are service problems, they're minor, and you're just being overly sensitive.
3. It's your fault for expecting great service.
4. If you stood in line too long for food, that's on you.
5. You're willing to pay the ridiculously high prices the Sox charge for food, so you deserve any difficulties you encounter.
6. None of it matters anyway because you'll still go to the games. Suckers.

Did I miss anything?
  #78  
Old 03-31-2014, 09:15 AM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
So to recap the counterarguments of the customer service apologists:

1. There aren't any real service problems at U.S. Cellular Field.
2. If there are service problems, they're minor, and you're just being overly sensitive.
3. It's your fault for expecting great service.
4. If you stood in line too long for food, that's on you.
5. You're willing to pay the ridiculously high prices the Sox charge for food, so you deserve any difficulties you encounter.
6. None of it matters anyway because you'll still go to the games. Suckers.

Did I miss anything?
Or for the whiners
1. The food sucks. There is not enough variety and the buns are stale.
2. I like to wait in line for 20 minutes anyway so I can complain.
3. The promotions they have done for years are "tired".
4. Anything they have changed that they have done for years, isn't "tired".
5. I need employees smiling at me at all times.
6. I should be able to go wherever I want if I buy the cheapest ticket. Confining me to the upper deck doesn't let me see the statues again and again, or let me stand in the long lines I like to complain about.
7. Green seats are far more comfortable than blue ones.
  #79  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:56 AM
Milw Milw is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Naperville
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Or for the whiners
1. The food sucks. There is not enough variety and the buns are stale.
2. I like to wait in line for 20 minutes anyway so I can complain.
3. The promotions they have done for years are "tired".
4. Anything they have changed that they have done for years, isn't "tired".
5. I need employees smiling at me at all times.
6. I should be able to go wherever I want if I buy the cheapest ticket. Confining me to the upper deck doesn't let me see the statues again and again, or let me stand in the long lines I like to complain about.
7. Green seats are far more comfortable than blue ones.
Holy strawman.

Nobody likes to wait in line. You think I'd rather miss an inning of action so I can complain? Seriously, give me a break.

Nobody in this thread has complained about tired promotions. I've personally never made that complaint ever.

I don't need employees "smiling at me" constantly. I need them to not be grouchy bitches.

Nobody in this thread has complained about lower-deck access.

Nobody in this thread has complained about seat color.

It's true that the food is often stale and the marketing department changes popular things frequently just for the sake of it. I think those are both legitimate beefs, and anyone who is OK with those things needs shouldn't be.

But yeah, you've proven you're good at strawman arguments. Bravo.
  #80  
Old 03-31-2014, 03:22 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,916
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Saw this photo taken from today's festivities



Still a long way to go, but nice to see a little city branding here.
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
  #81  
Old 03-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Milw Milw is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Naperville
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Saw this photo taken from today's festivities



Still a long way to go, but nice to see a little city branding here.
It's a start. Still blows my mind that the Chicago flag doesn't appear anywhere on any of our uniforms. But it's a start.
  #82  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:51 PM
amsteel amsteel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,108
Default

I timed my only in game concession food trip today: 29 minutes to get a nacho helmet on the Club level after the second inning: 24 to order, 5 to get it. And the only time the line moved before I placed the order was because people were bailing.

So yes, they took 2 orders in 25 minutes. And there were people that waited longer than me waiting to get one hot dog.

Also, the same stand had no idea when to cut off beer sales since none of the TVs within viewing distance actually had the game on. I can honestly say that I cannot think of a more inefficient operation than White Sox concessions.
__________________
  #83  
Old 04-01-2014, 07:22 AM
FallOfFingolfin FallOfFingolfin is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
I timed my only in game concession food trip today: 29 minutes to get a nacho helmet on the Club level after the second inning: 24 to order, 5 to get it. And the only time the line moved before I placed the order was because people were bailing.

So yes, they took 2 orders in 25 minutes. And there were people that waited longer than me waiting to get one hot dog.

Also, the same stand had no idea when to cut off beer sales since none of the TVs within viewing distance actually had the game on. I can honestly say that I cannot think of a more inefficient operation than White Sox concessions.
I have never sat in the club level. But I get the nachos every single game I go to and I've never had to wait more than a minute or two. But then, I show up early and eat before the game because I don't want to miss anything.
  #84  
Old 04-01-2014, 08:23 AM
WhiffleBall WhiffleBall is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 536
Default

They patted down everyone yesterday which made for insanely long lines right before game time. The lines were so long that we went into the old Bacardi at the Park and had a couple of beers before the lines were reasonable. Bacardi also had the Cubs game on all the outdoor TVs and no one could figure out how to get to whatever channel the Sox were on.

There were long lines at the miller lite beer stand by 147 especially in the 7th inning yet there was not one person in line at the Blue Moon stand two sections over.

The lines for the men's bathroom were ridiculous pretty much the whole game.
  #85  
Old 04-01-2014, 08:34 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,916
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
It's a start. Still blows my mind that the Chicago flag doesn't appear anywhere on any of our uniforms. But it's a start.
I don't know if the flag has to physically appear on the uniforms but the Sox don't do ANYTHING to brand themselves with popular city logos. You go to the United Center for a Bulls game and it's CHICAGO BASKETBALL, city-inspired movies, etc. The Sox don't do any of that. Hope this is a change in their approach, now that we're officially the city's favorite baseball team.
  #86  
Old 04-01-2014, 11:44 AM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
It's a start. Still blows my mind that the Chicago flag doesn't appear anywhere on any of our uniforms. But it's a start.
Back in the early '90s guys like Carlton Fisk and Ozzie Guillen had a little decal of the Chicago flag on their helmets. I don't know if it was a team wide thing or if only a couple of guys did it.

You can kind of see it on the back of Ventura's helmet here:
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_730.0.jpg
__________________

Go Sox!!!

Last edited by WhiteSox5187; 04-01-2014 at 11:51 AM.
  #87  
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 AM
FielderJones's Avatar
FielderJones FielderJones is offline
WSI Village Atheist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Clarendon Hills
Posts: 4,956
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I don't know if the flag has to physically appear on the uniforms but the Sox don't do ANYTHING to brand themselves with popular city logos.
The new opening montage has some city flags and six-pointed star symbols. It doesn't appear to be online yet.
__________________
2014 Attendance Record: 6 - 3

March 31 W
April 10 W
April 26 L
May 10 L
May 28 W
June 1 W
June 14 L
July 4 W
July 18 W

Next Game: August 30
  #88  
Old 04-01-2014, 11:54 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,916
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
The new opening montage has some city flags and six-pointed star symbols. It doesn't appear to be online yet.
  #89  
Old 04-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Foulke You Foulke You is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 9,072
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
I timed my only in game concession food trip today: 29 minutes to get a nacho helmet on the Club level after the second inning: 24 to order, 5 to get it. And the only time the line moved before I placed the order was because people were bailing.

So yes, they took 2 orders in 25 minutes. And there were people that waited longer than me waiting to get one hot dog.

Also, the same stand had no idea when to cut off beer sales since none of the TVs within viewing distance actually had the game on. I can honestly say that I cannot think of a more inefficient operation than White Sox concessions.
I was also on the club level yesterday. The problem is that the waiters that normally come to the seats were having technical issues getting their wireless ordering devices working outside near the seats so essentially, this eliminated about 90% of the seat side ordering service on the club level. It likely overwhelmed the club concession stands as people went inside to get food.
__________________
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
  #90  
Old 04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Foulke You Foulke You is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 9,072
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiffleBall View Post
They patted down everyone yesterday which made for insanely long lines right before game time. The lines were so long that we went into the old Bacardi at the Park and had a couple of beers before the lines were reasonable.
The Sox are complying with MLB's new security policies which are close to matching the strict ones the NFL has in place. It was PAINFULLY slow yesterday especially between 2:30-3:30. I got in line at 2:40 and made it to my seat at 3:03PM. I had nothing but time so I stop watched it. My line was clocking in at about one person let in the ballpark per 12-15 seconds. This is only about 4 or 5 people per minute in a single line. This simply isn't fast enough when you are dealing with that volume of people. I have a feeling it is going to be like this until the mandated metal detectors are installed. Until then, it is going to be "wanding" for everyone. I shudder to think of what Wrigley will be like during these new security checks. There are less entrances and less space for people to stand at that ballpark.

http://www.ibaf.org/en/news/2014/01/...1-b3304ce14e95
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.