White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:03 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I don't understand why anyone would wait in line that long for a ballpark food item. When I see long lines and they aren't moving quickly, the $12 burrito tends to be something I can live without, just like when I see lines out the door at Portillo's or other places. There are things worth the wait, but why miss the game when it's for a taco bell quality item?
So it's the fans fault for wanting the product rather than the fault of poorly managed staff? Got it

Old 03-28-2014, 03:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan View Post
So it's the fans fault for wanting the product rather than the fault of poorly managed staff? Got it
There shouldn't be that long of a wait, but it shouldn't be hard to see something is going to be a while.

To me, the only reason someone would wait in line for a burrito at a ballpark for 20 minutes, is just so they can complain about it.

OTOH, if you are waiting that long for a burrito, you must think the burrito is one of the greatest burritos ever made, so at least kudos for the high quality .People wait in line forever for hot dogs at Hot Doug's but no one seems to complain about the staff.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
There shouldn't be that long of a wait, but it shouldn't be hard to see something is going to be a while.

To me, the only reason someone would wait in line for a burrito at a ballpark for 20 minutes, is just so they can complain about it.

OTOH, if you are waiting that long for a burrito, you must think the burrito is one of the greatest burritos ever made, so at least kudos for the high quality .People wait in line forever for hot dogs at Hot Doug's but no one seems to complain about the staff.
Soooo- maybe the reason the person waits in line is because they are very hungry (came straight from work to the game, haven't eaten yet, etc.)- is that really so hard to imagine?
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 03-28-2014, 03:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Soooo- maybe the reason the person waits in line is because they are very hungry (came straight from work to the game, haven't eaten yet, etc.)- is that really so hard to imagine?
And there is only one thing to eat at the park? If the line is long and not moving, you are going to be there for a while. Wait in a line for 20 minutes anywhere. It's ridiculously long, and after a few minutes you should be able to tell what is up.

Why would it be different that any other eating establishment which is crowded and you have to wait? If you are hungry and they say it will be a 2 hr wait, you tend to go someplace else.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:35 PM
WSI High Priest

If I were managing concessions for the Sox, I'd want them working rather efficiently because I would like to maximize my sales of $12 Taco Bell quality burritos. I'd want the meat to be hot and the hot dog buns to not be ridiculously stale. Because food that comes out fast and high quality both creates much more profit and makes people think that they would like another $12 crappy burrito the next time they come to the ballpark.

But "Meh, only stupid people wait in line for food" should never be an accepted answer, because it's not a solution to the problem
Old 03-28-2014, 03:43 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
And there is only one thing to eat at the park? If the line is long and not moving, you are going to be there for a while. Wait in a line for 20 minutes anywhere. It's ridiculously long, and after a few minutes you should be able to tell what is up.

Why would it be different that any other eating establishment which is crowded and you have to wait? If you are hungry and they say it will be a 2 hr wait, you tend to go someplace else.
Depends on the person and the stand where there's a delay- if you can only eat gluten free- that might be a reason, if you're a vegetarian- that might be a reason, if it's the only thing your kid will eat- that might be a reason, etc.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:59 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
If I were managing concessions for the Sox, I'd want them working rather efficiently because I would like to maximize my sales of $12 Taco Bell quality burritos. I'd want the meat to be hot and the hot dog buns to not be ridiculously stale. Because food that comes out fast and high quality both creates much more profit and makes people think that they would like another $12 crappy burrito the next time they come to the ballpark.

But "Meh, only stupid people wait in line for food" should never be an accepted answer, because it's not a solution to the problem
Yep.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:52 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

You need to sit in the club level. Levy food is better than Sportservice and they serve you so you don't have to stand in line.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
You need to sit in the club level. Levy food is better than Sportservice and they serve you so you don't have to stand in line.

I agree. I love the work Levy does

But if the Sox want to make repeat customers of the casual fans, they need to start tightening the screws on the general concourses
Old 03-29-2014, 11:23 AM
WSI Personality

Default $12 Burrito?

Wait, the build your own burrito is $12. Does it come with a hug and a kiss? No wonder it takes so long.

http://www.chicagonow.com/sox-stuff
Old 03-29-2014, 06:39 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Yes.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 03-29-2014, 06:42 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Yes.
I would think most people really hungry and needing to eat would avoid a long 20 minute line.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I would think most people really hungry and needing to eat would avoid a long 20 minute line.
The whole point is that THERE SHOULD NEVER BE a 20 minute line for anything. This is a professional organization that should have their **** together.

I defy anyone to go to another venue and find a wait that long for anything. At 35th & Shields, it's becoming the norm rather than the exception
Old 03-30-2014, 06:46 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
The whole point is that THERE SHOULD NEVER BE a 20 minute line for anything. This is a professional organization that should have their **** together.

I defy anyone to go to another venue and find a wait that long for anything. At 35th & Shields, it's becoming the norm rather than the exception
It isn't the norm. I have been going to the park since it opened and despite agreeing some stands seem to take their time, have never waited 20 minutes in a line. How many times have you waited 20 minutes in a concession line? And if the line is long, and you are hungry, anywhere you go it is going to take time. They ran out of what he wanted and were in the process of making more because the line was so long. That is not unique to USCF. I was at a Bears game and a woman a couple of seats away missed almost the entire first half getting some burgers from the DMK stand. You see the length of the line, and know the lines don't move very fast, waiting in it is only for complaining's sake. I have been to many top notch restaurants were they ran out of many menu items. My favorite restaurant is Frontera Grill. Often there is over an hour wait. Sometimes I wait, other times if I am starving, I will save it for another time. People wait over an hour in line at Hot Doug's. I think most people who know him would tell you Doug has his **** together.

Again, anyone who would wait in line that long for a Sporstservice burrito, and those people supporting waiting in line 20 minutes for a Sporstservice burrito are just hunting for things to complain about. Don't tell me a long line or wait has never influenced you to go somewhere else.

Last edited by dickallen15; 03-30-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:07 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
It isn't the norm. I have been going to the park since it opened and despite agreeing some stands seem to take their time, have never waited 20 minutes in a line. How many times have you waited 20 minutes in a concession line? And if the line is long, and you are hungry, anywhere you go it is going to take time. They ran out of what he wanted and were in the process of making more because the line was so long. That is not unique to USCF. I was at a Bears game and a woman a couple of seats away missed almost the entire first half getting some burgers from the DMK stand. You see the length of the line, and know the lines don't move very fast, waiting in it is only for complaining's sake. I have been to many top notch restaurants were they ran out of many menu items. My favorite restaurant is Frontera Grill. Often there is over an hour wait. Sometimes I wait, other times if I am starving, I will save it for another time. People wait over an hour in line at Hot Doug's. I think most people who know him would tell you Doug has his **** together.

Again, anyone who would wait in line that long for a Sporstservice burrito, and those people supporting waiting in line 20 minutes for a Sporstservice burrito are just hunting for things to complain about. Don't tell me a long line or wait has never influenced you to go somewhere else.
Apparently this concept is over your head and it's impossible to get through to you.

It's not about just me. The only long lines I wait in on a semi-regular basis is the Beers of the Midwest line. (10-15 min every time)

My point is not about me. It's about the casual fan and the Sox marketing to bring them in.

These commercials every year aren't for us. They're for the people who haven't ever gone to a game or go infrequently. My point is why put the time and effort into having a marketing campaign when they treat the customer like **** once they get into the gates.

Many people here don't notice this. They've become immune. Or they don't want to notice it. Others have pointed out the varied consistent ways they make every customer seem like an inconvenience.

As I've said before. The Sox can pump all the money they want into ad space, but if the customer (who doesn't know that only 5 people in a line means a 20min wait) leaves unhappy with the customer service, the less likely that customer is to return. This should also be of extra emphasis to them during years they know it's gonna be bad on the field.

It can be several hundred dollars to take a family to a game. The Sox should want to fight for that money, or those dollars will be spent at a place "with no line".
Closed Thread